Videogames : Cyberpunk Samurai edition.

Red Tiger

9 hours ago, Inigima said:

I beat Ori 1 and liked it a lot, then tried to replay it and decided it was terrible. The combat is absolutely awful and the platforming is pretty punishing. Hollow Knight has a rep for difficulty, but I thought in many ways it was more approachable than Ori, and the combat is much better. I'm told the combat has improved greatly in Ori 2. Unfortunately it requires Windows 10; I've seen and had too many bad experiences with Win 10 and will have to sit this one out.

I really like Hollow Knight a lot, though I think its a bit too long. The grind for getting the good ending is real.

I just couldn't get it into Ori 1 though, and stopped playing after a few hours. I've been trying out Ori 2 through Gamepass on PC and I'm just not feeling it either. Something about it just doesn't click for me.

I was in the mood for a puzzle game to help take my mind off current events. I started up The Witness first, but realized I wasn't in the mood for that again. So I started playing The Talos Principle again; which remains a great game. However, as soon as I started getting to the library access terminals I remembered what the backstory for the setting was, and it hit a little too close to home. So I'm not sure I'll keep going with that either. Still want a puzzle game though. Has anyone tried out Wilmot's Warehouse?

1 hour ago, Fez said:

I was in the mood for a puzzle game to help take my mind off current events. I started up The Witness first, but realized I wasn't in the mood for that again. So I started playing The Talos Principle again; which remains a great game. However, as soon as I started getting to the library access terminals I remembered what the backstory for the setting was, and it hit a little too close to home. So I'm not sure I'll keep going with that either. Still want a puzzle game though. Has anyone tried out Wilmot's Warehouse?

Have you tried Stephen's Sausage Roll or Baba Is You? Both are great.

2 hours ago, RumHam said:

How is it? I heard the Secret of Mana 3D remake was kinda souless. 

I never played the original version of this one (just secret of mana on snes). It has a similar "look" but in 3d and has an active battle system still but eith the ability to jump as well. It just feels very dated compared to what exists in today's games. In a way i think it would work better to just play the original.

The dialogue and cut scenes are pretty poor too. Thankfully you can skip the voices and just read the text. Again this probably worked better in the old 2D style where they were quite limited in terms of staging story scenes so you accepted it.

Basically i can see why the FF7 remake has taken so long as it feels like a modern game while this feels like some weird hybrid that probably doesn't appeal to nostalgia fans or new gamers.

I'm not sure I'll even make it to the end of the demo although it is much more substantial than the FF7 demo. 

Okay, so after a bunch of extremely stressful days I guess I am not able to play anything involving either thinking or reflexes, that's for sure.

I bought the current Humble Bundle and downloaded Project Cars since the game actually kinda interested me ever since I first saw the kickstarter. Because I am so tired I pulled the levers all right to the left, putting the simulation level on 'Mario Kart' and the enemy difficulty on 'Brain dead'. I started up the career mode as a kart driver to get the full career experience and oh god did I spend the first rounds cursing and further frustrating myself. Granted, the last racing game I played has been the godawful Need for Speed Most Wanted 'remake' that has nothing to do with the great original, but given that even that was at times a very frustrating experience, odds are I am just that bad at driving. And apparently at staying on the track with that stupid kart.

But honestly, the very first race in the very first season of the UK Nationals already had some rather mean conditions. The very first corner after the start is extremely sharp and I regularly got my lap invalidated right there for 'cutting corners' when some asshole shoved me onto the grass and I had no other way to go. Or how I was completely taken aback by the running start where, when you magically manage to qualify as first, you start so far to the left that you have two wheels on the grass and spend the first seconds of every race trying to wrestle control back from your kart's attempts to spin around.

I... I am really not the most patient person right now. Maybe... maybe Stardew Valley is the game for my downtime right now, huh?

18 hours ago, Soylent Brown said:

These are both great but VERY hard. Stephen's Sausage Roll has simple rules but the controls take a while to get used to, and becomes very hard almost immediately. Baba Is You is absolutely brilliant and has a gentler learning curve, but hoo boy will it break your brain.

1 hour ago, Inigima said:

These are both great but VERY hard. Stephen's Sausage Roll has simple rules but the controls take a while to get used to, and becomes very hard almost immediately. Baba Is You is absolutely brilliant and has a gentler learning curve, but hoo boy will it break your brain.

Ha, yeah. With SSR, I got stuck straight away, going between the initial levels unable to solve them, but after a little while it kind of clicked and I progressed pretty well (for a while ,anyway.)

Probably a good idea to play them alongside something else, so you can switch out if you've been bashing your head against a brick wall for a bit.

I loved Ori 1 until I hit a section that I just couldn't do.  Haven't been able to do yet...etc.  I have tried over and over and over and I wind up wasting my weekly game time.  I get it...I'm not very good.  That spike in difficulty pretty much ruined the game for me.

I'm still playing Greedfall.  I think these guys could do some damage if they had big studio resources. 

Okay, I stuck around a bit more in Project Cars. I think I got the handling of the Kart down for the moment. Dubai was a breeze. The tracks afterwards felt far easier and I won the Kart One season. However in the next event I got back to Glencairn East and god how I hate this track...

The governor of Kentucky shut down all chiropractic offices as of 5:00 today... so on the plus side, I have more time to catch up on my gaming backlog.

On the negative side... I just paid my credit card bill and that nearly $400 for the limited edition FFVII remake with the statue of Cloud on the motorcycle is really looking like a foolish purchase...

I just saw that even my Stellaris base game got three of these really interesting background story features from the Federations update. One seems to be the vanilla unified government start, but the other two are basically Stargate (you find an old jumpgate in your home system) and Battlestar Galactica (you are the colony of a lost civilization that is still somewhere out there).

I now really want to try out the colony one!

Playing Black Mesa now it's finished. Surprised at how much they revamped even the completed sections from the 2012 release, the whole thing really feels like a brand new game now.

20 hours ago, Rhom said:

The governor of Kentucky shut down all chiropractic offices as of 5:00 today... so on the plus side, I have more time to catch up on my gaming backlog.

On the negative side... I just paid my credit card bill and that nearly $400 for the limited edition FFVII remake with the statue of Cloud on the motorcycle is really looking like a foolish purchase...

Sorry to kick you when you're down but square/enix issued a statement saying there may not be enough physical copies in time for the April release due to (dun dun dun) coronavirus. Hopefully they'll have made enough to serve pre-orders. Otherwise they should give out a code to allow you to download the game while you're waiting for your Physical copy.

https://kotaku.com/physical-copies-of-final-fantasy-vii-remake-may-be-dela-1842400293

On 3/19/2020 at 10:57 AM, Soylent Brown said:

I played around 8 or 9 hours of Baba Is You when it came out. It was great fun at first, but eventually I reached the point where my brain couldn't handle the puzzles anymore. And I didn't feel any sense of satisfaction or accomplishment anymore when I finished one, just relief, so I stopped at that point.

And I played a demo of Stephen's Sausage Roll at one point, it just didn't click for me.

Archived