Videogames : Cyberpunk Samurai edition.

Red Tiger

10 minutes ago, RumHam said:

I'm always short on alloys for whatever reason. Everything will be near the cap but alloys. 

I don't really get what "trade value" is and never go out of my way to collect it. 

Me too. That's normal I guess. I am thinking about making a designated forge world to mass produce it.

In the policies tab you can decide whether you want to exchange trade value for power, consumer goods or unity. Admittedly, my empire is so small that right now it doesn't make that much of an impact, but it is nice to have the option. However it does come with the downside of spawning pirates if you spread your starbases out too much or don't want to invest in a single corvette patrolling the area.

Playing Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation as I fancied an old-skool RTS in the Total Annihilation mould. I have to say it's a bit too much of a TA clone, just not as good. This kind of "build infinite units and pour them into the grinder" approach to RTS is quite dull and I've never been a huge fan. At least TA and Supreme Commander mixed it up with super-units, superweapons and really insane stuff, but Ashes doesn't go that oddball. Passes the, but somewhat medicore.

I completely forgot to mention that my new frontier space for some reason includes an archaeological site. How is that even possible? I don't have Ancient Relics DLC! I'm still curious what to get out of it... My excavating crew is haunted by constant nightmares. Sounds promising!

And then there is one funny side event that threw me a bit out of the loop: I did mention in one of my last posts that I created the Nivlac, an intelligent mushroom life form that keeps breeding like tribbles. They have a sizeable population in colonial worldss, but since they can basically survive everywhere, they have started migrating to my Federation partners. And one of them suddenly had an uprising, creating two small Nivlac empires that are now hanging around. How the hell did that happen?

I must say that Stellaris is as crazy as ever. XD

Archived