Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker, a new thread arises

mormont

15 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

Yeah no kidding. +1 for Frodo.

Seriously they couldn't have slipped this in the opening crawl or had palpy monologue for a bit about it? Fills in some of the WTF moments quite a bit.

Chris Terrio didn't write that bit of lore. Some guy who thought he had the dream job of maintaining the new Star Wars cannon came up with that shit rational two hours before posting it. 

The movie clearly states that the First Order will have to accelerate their child recruitment and that is the last mention of crewing the TEN THOUSANDFOLD more ships. Don't pay attention to the fact that that line was uttered after our 18 hour ticking clock started or that the First Order Death Star Star Destroyers couldn't leave Exegal except for when they could to randomly blow up planets.

1 hour ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Chris Terrio didn't write that bit of lore. Some guy who thought he had the dream job of maintaining the new Star Wars cannon came up with that shit rational two hours before posting it. 

The movie clearly states that the First Order will have to accelerate their child recruitment and that is the last mention of crewing the TEN THOUSANDFOLD more ships. Don't pay attention to the fact that that line was uttered after our 18 hour ticking clock started or that the First Order Death Star Star Destroyers couldn't leave Exegal except for when they could to randomly blow up planets.

The fleet was crewed to some degree. All those turrets didn't fire at the rebels by themselves. 

And let's not forget the Temple of Doom worshipers.  

2 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

The fleet was crewed to some degree. All those turrets didn't fire at the rebels by themselves. 

You already put more thought into it than JJ and Terrio. What part of that don't you people understand? They diDN'T CARE!!!! None of this was planned or thought out! I'm not talking about the Grand Narrative level of a trilogy. I'm talking about scene to scene. There were people crewing the ships because shots of the bridge and uniformed crew were in Return of the Jedi. Not because Terrio and Abrams had any concept of Sith Troopers besides some fucking buzzwords they got from Wookipedia. THEY WROTE THE SCRIPT ON SET!!!! YOU STUPID RUBES! IF THIS SOLVES ANY PLOTHOLES TO YOU YOU HAVE THE MENTAL CAPACITY OF A GODDAMN ASPARAGUS 

Adam Driver recorded his "You're a Palpatine." Line in a closet on his way to doing Johnny Carson two months before the fucking movie came out!

I'm just kidding about all that stuff up above by the way. They didn't look at Wookipedia.

Not that I really cared about this detail while watching the movie (it's Star Wars), but if they want to retcon the appearance of an army, why not just go the clone route?

Palpatine had a copy of the Kamino facilities set up on Exegol, run by Sith cultists. This is one reason he waited a generation to reveal his fleet. It takes time to grow, train, build. #willacceptNoPrize

I'm still trying (not really but for the sake of continuing the ranting here) to wrap my head around the logic of what was keeping the mega fleet pinned on Exogol, and why a tower on the ground was fine to guide this armada out of the atmosphere. If they had the resources to build 1 million ships, all equipped with planet-busting cannons, couldn't they have given them the navigation systems to get themselves out of there. 

12 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

I'm still trying (not really but for the sake of continuing the ranting here) to wrap my head around the logic of what was keeping the mega fleet pinned on Exogol, and why a tower on the ground was fine to guide this armada out of the atmosphere. If they had the resources to build 1 million ships, all equipped with planet-busting cannons, couldn't they have given them the navigation systems to get themselves out of there. 

PLAY ME OFF JOHNNY!

2 hours ago, Corvinus said:

Didn't the Expanded Universe have a story about an entire armada of ships which had all the controls slaved together so the ships could all be controlled by one ship crew,  or am I remembering that wrong?  They should have just gone with that story , which once upon a time was canon.

16 minutes ago, Leofric said:

Didn't the Expanded Universe have a story about an entire armada of ships which had all the controls slaved together so the ships could all be controlled by one ship crew,  or am I remembering that wrong?  They should have just gone with that story , which once upon a time was canon.

I've no idea. So if one ship controls all the other ships, does this control extend to when each individual ship is sent to threaten a different planet. That was Palps's whole plan. This armada plot shouldn't have been done at all, in the first place.

1 minute ago, Corvinus said:

I've no idea. So if one ship controls all the other ships, does this control extend to when each individual ship is sent to threaten a different planet. That was Palps's whole plan. This armada plot shouldn't have been done at all, in the first place.

I agree, this whole hidden fleet idea was stupid.    I just meant that a story of having the ships robotically controlled makes more sense than a planet that looks like it can barely support life, breeding a million fanatical followers to crew a huge fleet. 

4 hours ago, Leofric said:

Yes.  The lead shipped jumped to an unknown location and they all followed.  Sort of became a legendary ghost fleet.  Tracking them was the plot of a book or two or some such as I recall.  Finding them was going to give the New Republic or maybe the Imperial Remnants a ready made navy.

Archived