Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker, a new thread arises

mormont

6 minutes ago, Rhom said:

As I think about it more, didn’t Chewie have a nephew in the old Young Jedi Knights YA series?  Lowbacca maybe?  (Why is my brain remembering things like this?!!!?)

During the New Jedi Order series yeah. There was a Wookie Jedi. May have been Lowbacca. Helped the Solo kids kill the Voxyn queen. 

7 minutes ago, Rhom said:

As I think about it more, didn’t Chewie have a nephew in the old Young Jedi Knights YA series?  Lowbacca maybe?  (Why is my brain remembering things like this?!!!?)

He did. It pissed Lucas off enough that he told eh..Del Rey? I forget who at the time, that there could be no more Wookiee Jedis.

2 hours ago, Corvinus said:

Why doesn't Lucas like the idea of a Wookie Jedi?

Probably because Chewbacca was just a talking dog and Lucas got annoyed by how many people were somehow confused into thinking he was a main character.

8 hours ago, RumHam said:

There's a wookie youngling in The Clone Wars, and that was back when Lucas was still in control of the franchise. 

They maybe flunked or were killed prior to becoming Jedi?

It's not like star wars rules are empty anyhow. "Only two" and "all jedi gone except for obi and yoda"

Don't think RoS could be any dumber than what we saw? Wrong?

https://news.avclub.com/breaking-news-the-emperor-did-not-have-sex-1842107102

Rey is the child of a clone. The decomposed Emperor we see is also a clone (get some new clone makers, bruh), the kiss at the end was one of gratitude. Uhhhh, yeah. Way to go JJ. Way to gooooo

1 hour ago, Relic said:

Don't think RoS could be any dumber than what we saw? Wrong?

https://news.avclub.com/breaking-news-the-emperor-did-not-have-sex-1842107102

Rey is the child of a clone. The decomposed Emperor we see is also a clone (get some new clone makers, bruh), the kiss at the end was one of gratitude. Uhhhh, yeah. Way to go JJ. Way to gooooo

That title. Im finished.:lol:

So she's not even Palpatine's grandchild but the daughter of a reject clone of him? Jeez, they can't even get the supplementary material to be consistent let alone from one film to the next.

3 hours ago, Corvinus said:

I can't... I can't keep up anymore with this shit.

Funny that one of the main theories from TFA was that Rey was the daughter of a Luke clone who had been made out of his severed hand.

Especially when the next film in this timeline will probably completely contradict this and we'll have to wait for blurb on a star wars tie-in quilt cover to explain said contradiction

9 hours ago, Red Tiger said:

That title. Im finished.:lol:

io9's coverage on this has pretty consistently been variations of, "DID EMPEROR PALPATINE FUCK SOMEONE?" and "LET'S TALK ABOUT THE EMPEROR FUCKING" because they do have a point that it's a bit distressing to consider. His chat up game must have been epic (pukes).

13 minutes ago, Werthead said:

io9's coverage on this has pretty consistently been variations of, "DID EMPEROR PALPATINE FUCK SOMEONE?" and "LET'S TALK ABOUT THE EMPEROR FUCKING" because they do have a point that it's a bit distressing to consider. His chat up game must have been epic (pukes).

This is so sad.

I recall a couple of years ago when folks were talking about a new Star Wars movie like it was the second coming of Christ.

Now we have this.

9 hours ago, Corvinus said:

I can't... I can't keep up anymore with this shit.

Funny that one of the main theories from TFA was that Rey was the daughter of a Luke clone who had been made out of his severed hand.

That would have been a cool reveal. 

On 2/27/2020 at 6:16 PM, red snow said:

They maybe flunked or were killed prior to becoming Jedi?

It's not like star wars rules are empty anyhow. "Only two" and "all jedi gone except for obi and yoda"

We all know what happens in the Jedi temple at the end of the clone wars (the war, not the show) so in that particular case the younglings all getting kicked out for their attachment to Ahsoka would be the happy ending.

• 1 month later...

I don't know how to feel about this. Russian Doll was one of the best TV shows I've seen in a very long time, but it is almost perfectly antithetical to Star Wars, and boy has Disney messed up what they've done with Star Wars.

Archived