Acrophilia #20: Breakers of Chains

Dolorous Gabe

ROUND ONE

We're going to kick off with a classic, old school round of Acrophilia to get back into the swing of it. The theme is relatively straight-forward, so there will be no author points in this round for others guessing your clue. As such, I will be strict on the level of relevancy that your clues have to the given character and if we miss an obvious alternative I will have to state that the answer is not the obvious alternative on the thread. Do bear in mind that there will be a vote for favourite clues at the end of the round though, so do try to be creative and interesting!

You will receive a prelim in this round but it will not include a theme guess. So once you are happy with your answers, send me your list and I will tell you how many are correct but not which ones before you submit your final answers.

Acronyms (choose one from the following)

F R N

R B O P D

Q I C B A E W

I will send you your characters in private messages shortly. Keep them secret.

The deadline will be a week from now - Wednesday 29th January at 8pm UK time (GMT)

1 hour ago, Ser Not Appearing said:

Remind be again, what's not permitted in a clue?

Character names or nicknames as well ... names of places? Is it all proper nouns?

Pretty much. If you have a clever use of a proper noun that isn't just making it too easy, it might be accepted.

In a way the major restrictions make more sense in rounds with author points for correct guesses.

5 minutes ago, DR Supporter said:

When does this start?

When the host has time to put it all together. Likely today, perhaps not.

You will find that patience is required in these games. We often delay for people to submit clues and guesses, for hosts to tabulate everything ... for people to deal with life, generally. We set general expectations for start/submit times and often blow past them. It's a relaxed atmosphere, generally.

1 hour ago, Ser Not Appearing said:

When the host has time to put it all together. Likely today, perhaps not.

You will find that patience is required in these games. We often delay for people to submit clues and guesses, for hosts to tabulate everything ... for people to deal with life, generally. We set general expectations for start/submit times and often blow past them. It's a relaxed atmosphere, generally.

:agree: Well said, Ser! I am often the cause of delays as my routes can change with the weather - literally!

ROUND ONE

So remember, you have one preliminary set of answers to which I will let you know how many are correct but not which. You will not get a prelim guess at the theme though. This is all to be done in private messaging.

1 - Rare blade. Of purpose? Delving.

2 - Queen’s itinerary changeable, boring audience elements woefully

3 - Royal bedwarmer. Outstanding polyglot. ‘Daughter’.

4 - Ribald blades. Opportunist. Paid defender.

5 - Friendzoned rat. Needy.

6 - Feathered, Requesting Nocker 

7 - Red Blue Orange - “Princely” Deceiver

8 - Reluctantly beds outwardly peachy devotee.

Theme???

The deadline will be set at Thursday February 6th at 11pm UK time (GMT)

4 minutes ago, honeyed chicken said:

OH. MY. GOD.

What on earth have I gotten myself into? :o:o:o

:lmao:...you got this

or you can hang in the dungeon of debauchery with me and laugh at everyone else struggling :cheers:

13 minutes ago, rocksniffer said:

:lmao:...you got this

or you can hang in the dungeon of debauchery with me and laugh at everyone else struggling :cheers:

Like fun I do . . . my brain hurts already. :)

Debauchery has a dungeon? I thought it took place in bar or somewhere equally convivial.  ;)

Archived