Acrophilia #20: Breakers of Chains

Dolorous Gabe

41 minutes ago, rocksniffer said:

shit i haven't even got past the first letter...y'all overachievers need to kick back have a cocktail and chill

:smoking:

Tis the weekend after all.

It is something I love about this game though. Everyone complains at the end of the round but then wants the next round to start ASAP.

It's addictive masochism!

Wow - I totally have forgotten everything I have ever known about this game! :leaving:

My theme seemed so obvious, but as @Julia H. indicated theme choices must be commonalities that are as specific as can be. Islands is so obvious now. :bang:

Vague theme ideas open you up to thinking Arianne Martell was the most colorful "prince" wanna be in Westeros! Or worse believing Edmure was the only person in the story who literally - albeit non verbally - requested a Nocker to feather something he could not! :blink:  Sadly this is life in acroPhilia world but now that my juices are flowing, I also am excited to send in a killer clue! :devil:

Good Luck, fellow acromaniacs! :cheers:

47 minutes ago, She who must be Obeyed said:

Or worse believing Edmure was the only person in the story who literally - albeit non verbally - requested a Nocker to feather something he could not! :blink: 

Thats what I stuck with too although I doubted it was correct. On first glancing at the clue I thought Jalabhar Xho and when I found nock was an archery term that decided it but then I found the grammar wrong and let that convince me that nocker had to be someone shooting a bow, or a bow itself. 

I usually go off for a swim around all possible ideas and associations and some times I pull myself out and manage a clear eyed rethink of the clue and sometime I don't.

1 hour ago, She who must be Obeyed said:

Wow - I totally have forgotten everything I have ever known about this game! :leaving:

My theme seemed so obvious, but as @Julia H. indicated theme choices must be commonalities that are as specific as can be. Islands is so obvious now. :bang:

Vague theme ideas open you up to thinking Arianne Martell was the most colorful "prince" wanna be in Westeros! Or worse believing Edmure was the only person in the story who literally - albeit non verbally - requested a Nocker to feather something he could not! :blink:  Sadly this is life in acroPhilia world but now that my juices are flowing, I also am excited to send in a killer clue! :devil:

Good Luck, fellow acromaniacs! :cheers:

I'm not the only one to think of Edmure - phew! - although in my case it was for the red-blue-orange thingee. :(

2 hours ago, Castellan said:

Thats what I stuck with too although I doubted it was correct. On first glancing at the clue I thought Jalabhar Xho and when I found nock was an archery term that decided it but then I found the grammar wrong and let that convince me that nocker had to be someone shooting a bow, or a bow itself. 

I usually go off for a swim around all possible ideas and associations and some times I pull myself out and manage a clear eyed rethink of the clue and sometime I don't.

I found this a lovely description of what, for me, is a chaotic flood of deep connections that each seem more likely than the last. Why don't I ever accept Occam's Razor as the Law of the AcroPhilia universe as it is in the actual universe!??!

1 hour ago, honeyed chicken said:

I'm not the only one to think of Edmure - phew! - although in my case it was for the red-blue-orange thingee. :(

:laugh: I also tried very hard to fit Edmure into that clue! I was sure there was an Orange Fork to the river that I had forgotten!

8 hours ago, She who must be Obeyed said:

:laugh: I also tried very hard to fit Edmure into that clue! I was sure there was an Orange Fork to the river that I had forgotten!

I also thought of the Red Fork and the Blue Fork, so I looked for something orange and found the Orange Shore! It seemed to confirm my idea that the "princely" ('Rhaegar-like') deceiver was Aurane Waters.

10 hours ago, Julia H. said:

I also thought of the Red Fork and the Blue Fork, so I looked for something orange and found the Orange Shore! It seemed to confirm my idea that the "princely" ('Rhaegar-like') deceiver was Aurane Waters.

That was well thought out and supported! I am of the opinion partial points for a good argument in support of a wrong answer should be awarded! :commie:

Jalabhar had crossed my mind when I saw Feathered but nocker got me on to arrows. Edmure. 

I just wrote and deleted a whole post about my thought process, but realized I was telling you which clues weren’t mine! I was totally misdirected, though, when I decided the theme was people who had been captured at one point.

11 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Jalabhar had crossed my mind when I saw Feathered but nocker got me on to arrows. Edmure. 

I just wrote and deleted a whole post about my thought process, but realized I was telling you which clues weren’t mine! I was totally misdirected, though, when I decided the theme was people who had been captured at one point.

Yeah, I posted about a few and then regretted it after. Fortunately, I didn't share quite all my gripes!

1 hour ago, Robb4Ever said:

Re: Monday, does it mean on Monday morning or on Monday evening?

It means whenever I can get to it assuming everyone has voted and submitted a new clue.

But since I'm stuck at my parents' house with my car broken down halfway down the valley due to high winds and torrential flooding that meant no breakdown assistance could reach me and completely devastated my eagerly anticipated appearance in a very high standard table tennis tournament that was today, it ain't likely to be early!

Patience, friend. Patience.

6 hours ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

It means whenever I can get to it assuming everyone has voted and submitted a new clue.

But since I'm stuck at my parents' house with my car broken down halfway down the valley due to high winds and torrential flooding that meant no breakdown assistance could reach me and completely devastated my eagerly anticipated appearance in a very high standard table tennis tournament that was today, it ain't likely to be early!

Patience, friend. Patience.

Commiserations!

24 minutes ago, Robb4Ever said:

Clues! Clues! Seven Kingdoms for clues!

You should have signed you up for pictionary with all that youthful enthusiasm! ;) Could have put some of that energy to good use making obtuse sentences and avant-garde drawings. :lmao:

Archived