Acrophilia #20: Breakers of Chains

Dolorous Gabe

6 hours ago, Robb4Ever said:

Well, I give up on finding the theme. The themes I thought of don't fit w/the characters I've guessed. I am wondering if I should just analyze the character I was given and see if I can spot a theme by studying his/her wikia page thoroughly. :dunno:

...maybe so...maybe no

:smoking:

1 hour ago, Julia H. said:

When DG is the host, any word may be a hint. You never know (only in retrospect). :idea:

...truer words were never typed...

5 hours ago, Robb4Ever said:

I am sure on five of the characters, including the one referenced in my own clue, but only four of them fit together, and the fifth doesn't, and I am certain the fifth is right too, cos of 'unusual excreta' thing. And that is the source of my frustration.

5 hours ago, Robb4Ever said:

I believe I've figured out the pattern, though I still can't fit clue 6 to the pattern, and my guess for clue 6 couldn't be wrong.....unless the clue is referring to some other enchantress......

4 hours ago, Robb4Ever said:

Which number clues are you uncertain of? Just curious. Definitely not trying to gauge whether my clue was easy to guess or not. Certainly not.

:whip:

well even if the Dolorous One will not comment on it, i will... normally we don't discuss clues in such specific ways until after the answers have been posted...sometimes we post questions about a word...like nocker...but even those should be limited or put to Gabe in private... we might say tell how many we think we have, or how many prelims we scored but nothing so specific about individual clues...

:smoking:

I do prefer to avoid discussion of specific clues on the game thread until after the round.

Direct any concerns to me in private and if I deem anything worth talking about on the thread I will post something about it.

You can vent at me all day long if you like :)

I really thought this would be easy.

Nevertheless, I'll expand a little on what I have already said.

1. The first answer, I'll state once more, is first for a reason. Several reasons actually.

2. The answer to #7 actually fits this theme more easily in the show than in the books (so far).

3. The answer to #8 I would have preferred not to include but I did reread three chapters to make sure. This answer fits but has a couple of different specifics from the rest.

Next round is more complex but not necessarily harder. You will get more helpful things to use.

1 hour ago, Ser Not Appearing said:

I'm all for confusion, mayhem and no hints!

hahahahhah of course you do with your twisted mind

1 hour ago, Fragile Bird said:

I really suck at this game.

And, apparently, at all games.

After that series of hints, I m ready to slit my throat.

...you win more than most so i am not ready to cry for you yet, my darling Bird :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Robb4Ever said:

Preach. I got most of the clues, but the theme eludes me.

... :idea:

What you guys fail to see is that #1 is the father of all other characters ... except for #7 who is only rumored in the books (confirmed in the show) and #8 who is older than #1 but seems to be his child anyway because of those chapters where he uses the weirwood network to travel back in time, take over the body of #8's father and have sweet, sweet sex with their mom.

You're welcome.

1 hour ago, Ser Not Appearing said:

What you guys fail to see is that #1 is the father of all other characters ... except for #7 who is only rumored in the books (confirmed in the show) and #8 who is older than #1 but seems to be his child anyway because of those chapters where he uses the weirwood network to travel back in time, take over the body of #8's father and have sweet, sweet sex with their mom.

You're welcome.

Lies. >.> #1 can't be the father of X, because X is older than #1,

Archived