Acrophilia #20: Breakers of Chains

Dolorous Gabe

1 hour ago, Robb4Ever said:

Then you should convince the host to give us another hint so we can do this.

naaa not yet anyway. I am feeling good right this minute because I have decided my theme ideas must all be wrong and I will look anew. Already getting some new ideas.

anyway we should be careful what we beg for. Could always beg for two theme prelims. or a prelim on a clue of our choice.

11 minutes ago, Castellan said:

naaa not yet anyway. I am feeling good right this minute because I have decided my theme ideas must all be wrong and I will look anew. Already getting some new ideas.

anyway we should be careful what we beg for. Could always beg for two theme prelims. or a prelim on a clue of our choice.

That's what I was hoping to get in the next round.

But I also want to be able to get the theme......

It is somewhat comforting in my be-puzzlement to find the rest of you are not crowing about how easy the theme was to crack. Makes me feel a little less dense. :P

eta1: And now I've actually had a theme idea . . . looking forward to seeing the real answer.

eta2: my euphoria was short lived . .

ROUND THREE

You should all have received your R3 characters. In this round, the system will be more like the Extreme Edition. There will be nine clues split up into three mini-themes, with each theme being a clue to something else to do with ASOIAF (the overall theme). Each mini-theme will be worth 1 point each. The overall theme worth 4 as usual.

You will get a prelim score out of three for each mini-theme grouping. You will also get a prelim score out of three for the mini-themes (these guesses must be submitted together). And of course, you will have a prelim guess at the overall theme. You will also have one yes/no question you can ask the host.

There will be a favourite clue vote at the end of the round. No author points so I will be checking for alternative answers to your clues.

Acronyms:

C I B A

D I S B H T

P H W O E T B I

I'm not going to set a deadline just yet as I'm not sure of my week's itinerary. Hopefully I'll set one in due course.

9 hours ago, honeyed chicken said:

eta1: And now I've actually had a theme idea . . . looking forward to seeing the real answer.

eta2: my euphoria was short lived . .

likewise I have a theme that fits everything except Gabe's comments about how it applies better in the show than the books or fits someone differently.

....also I have accidentally deleted all my notes. I have done it twice and don't know how. 

10 minutes ago, Castellan said:

likewise I have a theme that fits everything except Gabe's comments about how it applies better in the show than the books or fits someone differently.

I think I have the same theme...

58 minutes ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

Heed not the wisdom of the breaker of chains,

When lost and alone and feeling the strain,

For what some have asked for again and again,

Is written so clearly and hidden so plain.

Still confuzzled. The second and third stanza could apply to characters, but could also apply to us guessers.....

Archived