Acrophilia #20: Breakers of Chains

Dolorous Gabe

3 hours ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

Heed not the wisdom of the breaker of chains,

When lost and alone and feeling the strain,

For what some have asked for again and again,

Is written so clearly and hidden so plain.

Now you're just trolling us. :fencing:

Yeah, I thought my clue was direct and great. I don't know what answers people have provided but I've been warned I'll miss out on plenty of points because an unexpected character seems to fit it well and that's what people are guessing.

I'd just say that you may want to reconsider even the clues that feel obvious. Is there another character who fits pretty well and does it help with the theme?

Me? I'm f*cked.

2 minutes ago, Robb4Ever said:

Do we get the solutions immediately after the end of the round or is there an additional waiting period?

You'll get the answers very soon after the deadline but I need to count up scores first once the deadline passes.

58 minutes ago, Ser Not Appearing said:

I'd just say that you may want to reconsider even the clues that feel obvious. Is there another character who fits pretty well and does it help with the theme?

:lmao:Nothing is certain and no reconsideration helps with the theme. I couldn't even tell which clue is yours. There are several clues I can give at least two plausible answers to and my theme ideas may fit both (or neither). 

5 hours ago, Julia H. said:

:lmao:Nothing is certain and no reconsideration helps with the theme. I couldn't even tell which clue is yours. There are several clues I can give at least two plausible answers to and my theme ideas may fit both (or neither). 

Wow, I so totally agree with you @Julia H. Several have alternate answers as far as I am concerned an they all seem as likely as the other. :dunno:

57 minutes ago, Eternally_His said:

I promised I will stop, and I am really, really sorry, so give me one last chance, please? Don't be like Walder Frey...

(And I can't walk away, I really can't walk away. And I am sorry for this fact as well.)

Okay, you may return. Send me a brand new private message and we'll start over.

A few things to bear in mind:

I am the host and what I decide about deadlines goes.

If a deadline passes and I haven't posted anything, it's either because I was out longer than expected, am awaiting someone's completion of a task or I am tallying points up and writing everything up.

I cannot be attending to you 5+ times per day.

If I cannot get to your request for a number of hours, you are simply going to have to wait.

There are other players, this game is time-consuming to host and I'm juggling it with real life.

9 hours ago, Ser Not Appearing said:

Yeah, I thought my clue was direct and great. I don't know what answers people have provided but I've been warned I'll miss out on plenty of points because an unexpected character seems to fit it well and that's what people are guessing.

Me? I'm f*cked.

well since Julia has commented I will too. Last round I ignored the obvious first choice and went with someone who really couldn't be called feathered because of what I consider to be two grammatical errors in your clue, and this time there is a clever clue that may well be yours and I am going for the obvious, both grammatically correct reading of the clue and more prominent character. So if its the other possible person I will    ..... never be able to do anything about I suppose.

Meh, I treated them as coordinating adjectives after a request that I include punctuation somewhere. It's not the worst thing I could have done ... though perhaps something of a stretch ... though certainly a challenged prospect for only three words.

How would you have preferred I punctuate it?

11 minutes ago, Ser Not Appearing said:

Meh, I treated them as coordinating adjectives after a request that I include punctuation somewhere. It's not the worst thing I could have done ... though perhaps something of a stretch ... though certainly a challenged prospect for only three words.

How would you have preferred I punctuate it?

i say it needed a period instead of a comma...feathered. requesting nocker. although i hated it, it was a good clue...i voted for it actually.

Archived