Acrophilia #20: Breakers of Chains

Dolorous Gabe

I want you to know, whoever wrote clue 2, you are pissing me off.

Oh, and the person who wrote clue 6.

And maybe the author of clue 5.

And let's not forget 3.

Oh, and about that damn clue 1, the one that's so damn important. Hey, buddy! :fencing:

And there's 4. And 7. And 8.

:crying:

1 hour ago, Ser Not Appearing said:

Meh, I treated them as coordinating adjectives after a request that I include punctuation somewhere. It's not the worst thing I could have done ... though perhaps something of a stretch ... though certainly a challenged prospect for only three words.

How would you have preferred I punctuate it?

I don't know its correct but I would put a comma after requesting which to me would indicate requesting is being used as an adjective. Otherwise to me someone is feathered and requesting nocker.

But I have to say that all things considered I should have ignored that irritation and gone with my original instinct that it was Jalabhar. I mean I could see requesting meant begging and nocker could mean he was an archer and feathered referred to his garb so really I had just lost it. I went all around the block finding what nocked might mean and by the time I found out my wits were gone.

1 hour ago, Fragile Bird said:

I want you to know, whoever wrote clue 2, you are pissing me off.

Oh, and the person who wrote clue 6.

And maybe the author of clue 5.

And let's not forget 3.

Oh, and about that damn clue 1, the one that's so damn important. Hey, buddy! :fencing:

And there's 4. And 7. And 8.

:crying:

I wrote one of those!

8 hours ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

Okay, you may return. Send me a brand new private message and we'll start over.

A few things to bear in mind:

I am the host and what I decide about deadlines goes.

If a deadline passes and I haven't posted anything, it's either because I was out longer than expected, am awaiting someone's completion of a task or I am tallying points up and writing everything up.

I cannot be attending to you 5+ times per day.

If I cannot get to your request for a number of hours, you are simply going to have to wait.

There are other players, this game is time-consuming to host and I'm juggling it with real life.

I accept all of your terms, but I can't send you a PM.....

Have put my entry in and am going to forget about it now. Will try to cultivate calm and increase acuity for next round. Ha! Thanks for your work as host DG, I think we are all out of practice at Acrophilia.

1 hour ago, Castellan said:

Have put my entry in and am going to forget about it now. Will try to cultivate calm and increase acuity for next round. Ha! Thanks for your work as host DG, I think we are all out of practice at Acrophilia.

i agree time to cut bait and be glad i didn't lose my pole...

:smoking:

11 hours ago, Castellan said:

I think we are all out of practice at Acrophilia.

I think this is partially the crux of the issue, added to it probably being a long while since we last read the books or were in very active discussion of them.

2 minutes ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

I'm going to start tallying up points now as this might take longer than usual due to author points, so if you want to make any changes let me know in a new message.

Wait, are those points for the number of correct answers to your submission? 

Archived