Acrophilia #20: Breakers of Chains

Dolorous Gabe

If you are struggling, remember my original words on the page with the clues about what you are looking for. It's hard to judge from my position but I reckon you could use just one mini-theme idea, think about what you can add to it to create something in GRRM's world and see what other examples of that thing there are. That could give you potential mini-themes that match with what you added to your mini-theme idea. That could then help you with a wrong answer you might have.

Try looking at it on a macro level rather than a micro level.

Wow! Thanks in advance, @Dolorous Gabe ! :bowdown:

I have found the clues to be really well done this round and I feel good about my mini theme choices. Now if I could see the connection I could wrap this round up! I am looking forward to you wise words whether they are rhyming or smelling of sage, notwithstanding! :P

5 minutes ago, Eternally_His said:

Maybe I was wrong to suggest doing it solo. I know better now. Oh well, I'll remedy that in Acro 21 when it comes around.

We almost always play this game solo, @Eternally_His. Once in a blue moon, @Dolorous Gabe does throw us a curve ball and says pairs are the name of the game, but it is rare. I find that I would rather play alone, although I sometimes wish for a brain-storming session! :P

Do you mean prelims have told you you're mini themes are true? I am stuck on characters which prelims have told me are wrong. I get the way it fits together as Gabe has outlined. But presently I am only sure of my own clue!

3 hours ago, Castellan said:

Do you mean prelims have told you you're mini themes are true? I am stuck on characters which prelims have told me are wrong. I get the way it fits together as Gabe has outlined. But presently I am only sure of my own clue!

I had 1 of 3 prelims (2 of my guesses were highly unlikely so ... no surprise). "Fixed" the other two and "fixed" my missed clues. Then looked at it all and his poem and something just seemed to fit it all. But that was wrong, so my fixes likely are as well.

1 hour ago, Ser Not Appearing said:

I had 1 of 3 prelims (2 of my guesses were highly unlikely so ... no surprise). "Fixed" the other two and "fixed" my missed clues. Then looked at it all and his poem and something just seemed to fit it all. But that was wrong, so my fixes likely are as well.

hmmm tragic 

I don't think I will have an opportunity to 'surrender'. I will just be plain old defeated.

I think I'm just not close enough to the books right now, so everything seems to fit and I don't recall the perfect details to make one possibility stick out from the others. A lot of my answers can be rationalized. Maybe some of that is the clues but I think more of it is just that everything looks the same at a great enough distance.

Archived