Acrophilia #20: Breakers of Chains

Dolorous Gabe

3 minutes ago, She who must be Obeyed said:

:huh: If I do it will be news to me! Perhaps the Bird is just having us on, Julia!

That could also be so... And maybe she wrote #clue 5! :P

1 hour ago, Eternally_His said:

Theme hints?

Take into account all I have said. Find the bonus character and research.

I made the clue for the bonus character because it wouldn't have been right to give this character to a player.

This theme absolutely needs research. But remember that neither wiki nor maps will be helpful in researching this theme. There are other tools out there for researching the text. Start with the bonus character. The fewer scenes a character is in, the easier he/she will be to research.

8 hours ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

Take into account all I have said. Find the bonus character and research.

I made the clue for the bonus character because it wouldn't have been right to give this character to a player.

This theme absolutely needs research. But remember that neither wiki nor maps will be helpful in researching this theme. There are other tools out there for researching the text. Start with the bonus character. The fewer scenes a character is in, the easier he/she will be to research.

:shocked:  If the bonus character would have leaped off the page and announced, "Here I am!" I might have been able to research him/her in a more timely way.

Diabolical, I say, devilishly diabolical! :P

So there's an hour left but I'll wait until just before I decide I need sleep to post results, so you have maybe 2-3 more hours but please inform me of any changes to your answers in a new message.

I haven't sorted out the final round yet, so please bear with me.

ROUND FOUR ANSWERS

1 - Was forgettably married, got lamentably married.

Answer: Jorah Mormont - my clue, not eligible for votes.

A loveless arranged marriage (with an unnamed partner) that yielded no children, followed by the initially loving marriage that went terribly wrong.

2 - “Grumkins?” commented father’s “bastard” disingenuously.

Answer: Tyrion Lannister

A smartly worded amalgamation of two exchanges between Tyrion and Jon.

3 - Gushingly champions fledgling boyish “dragon”

Answer: Varys

“Gushingly” was key. Very Varys, can also refer to the gushing of blood from the bolts that pierced Kevan.

4 - Worthy. Frosty mane. Grieved lovely maiden.

Answer: Barristan Selmy

Worthy of his white cloak, bearded and grieved for the death of Ashara Dayne

5 - Waited, fought manfully, gone. Legatees merry.

Answer: Stevron Frey

Lord Walder laughs at how he has waited for his ascendency, Stevron won Robb’s trust in battle and died. Freys in the succession line displayed pleasure.

6 - Girl corruptor for balancing dragons.

Answer: Littlefinger

Corrupted poor Jeyne Poole amongst many who populate his brothels in Kings Landing

7 - Brother. Rambler, knows roads.

Answer: Meribald

The wandering septon follows a route across Westeros over and over.

8 - Got cocky. Found bird’s discipline.

Answer: Cersei Lannister

Got arrogant with power. The High Sparrow discovered some of her misconduct and punished her

9 - Guarded cripple faces bastards’ dissatisfaction.

Answer: Doran Martell

Cards held close to the disabled Prince’s chest, the disgruntled Sand Snakes are imprisoned until the time was right to tell them the masterplan.

Bonus clue

Wild friendly mountaineer generously leaves meal.

Answer: An unnamed northern mountain clansman who invites Bran, Meera, Jojen and Hodor to his fire in a cave. Bran believes him to be a Liddle based on his attire.

Theme: Characters who referenced the “game of thrones” in speech or in thought

Please send me your favourite clue votes and I’ll try to get the final round up and running.

Archived