Acrophilia #20: Breakers of Chains

Dolorous Gabe

On 3/18/2020 at 12:21 PM, Dolorous Gabe said:

ROUND FIVE

You guys did know we get author points for this round? Looking at the seven clues, only one (other than my own) jumps out at me. I'm really going to have to search my memory and the books for the other five - and that rarely yields good results for me. :P

eta: I may have answers for the first six, but number five is going to be tough.

51 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

How about some sage, face-saving time extensions?

Actually, life-saving time extensions, because if we don’t get more time there are a couple of people I am going to hunt down and kill.

And then roast on a spit.

Isn't that going to be happening anyway, what with all the post-apocalyptic stuff already under way?

Nevertheless, an extension is acceptable. How long do you want? Till the weekend? Till Sunday evening perhaps?

1 hour ago, Eternally_His said:

Provided I am not on FB's 'ignore' list, I think Sunday is good too.

An ignore list, speaking for myself no you are not being ignored, just put in the little red chair in the corner! :P

I think your addition to our game has been entertaining. Especially watching the regulars learn to adjust themselves and stop shouting at ghosts on their lawn! :lmao:

Never fear @Eternally_His, you are one of us now, so be prepared to deal with oldsters like my N'onc Sniffer, a self-described asshole who only cares about being shocking and talking trash, and OCDers like me, who strive for perfection to the exclusion of all. :commie:

So in case I forgot to do this - Welcome to the local insane asylum known as Acro-World! :cheers:

Oh yes and to the Dear Leader @Dolorous Gabe- Sunday works for me as well, even though I know all the answers and have at least 3 themes working right now! B)

12 minutes ago, She who must be Obeyed said:

So in case I forgot to do this - Welcome to the local insane asylum known as Acro-World! :cheers:

You should see the themes I ended up replacing for rounds 4 and 5

We might all have actually ended up in straight-jackets rocking back and forth in the corner of a padded cell :P

Which ironically would have kept us safe from the virus that shall not be named :leaving:

Sunday sounds good for me.

32 minutes ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

So... this is not the madness you originally promised for Round 5? I'm disappointed to see that it's only my current inability to think of any theme instead of your original mad plan. :( 

Will you tell us what your original ideas were? Or will you keep them for another game?

2 hours ago, Julia H. said:

So... this is not the madness you originally promised for Round 5?

You'd have had around 20 clues to answer :o

2 hours ago, Julia H. said:

Will you tell us what your original ideas were? Or will you keep them for another game?

Maybe I'll use it as a single round game in the future

5 hours ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

We might all have actually ended up in straight-jackets rocking back and forth in the corner of a padded cell :P

Which ironically would have kept us safe from the virus that shall not be named :leaving:

Wow! Who knew you could be so kind! :lol:

I'm glad you will save it for a future game! I look forward to trying to tie you in knots with my extraordinarily well worded yes/no questions. Sadly no opportunity for that phenomenal word joust this round. :bawl:

Archived