Acrophilia #20: Breakers of Chains

Dolorous Gabe

8 minutes ago, Eternally_His said:

No sage advice? :(

We can not offer more than encouragement @Eternally_His. Only the Dear Leader may give hints to the nature of the world and our part in his reality. ;)

Nevertheless here is some advice, the sage part is questionable - don't overthink the ones you feel good about, then do some text searching or wiki searching to see what those characters have in common. There is a thread, somewhere here in the games forum, with old themes to give you ideas about things chosen and the kind of other things that might be chosen. Once a theme was literally "cast a shadow on a wall while walking on stairs" or some such. Don't worry you will get better every time you play! B)

2 hours ago, She who must be Obeyed said:

Wow! Who knew you could be so kind! :lol:

I'm glad you will save it for a future game! I look forward to trying to tie you in knots with my extraordinarily well worded yes/no questions. Sadly no opportunity for that phenomenal word joust this round. :bawl:

This just reminded me that I originally intended to make all the final round acronyms alliterative!

2 hours ago, Eternally_His said:

No sage advice? :(

Okay sure.

Sage is good, use sage, especially now. In fact many herbs and particularly onion family items - specifically garlic - have very strong antiviral properties. So eat onions with sage and garlic :)

14 hours ago, Eternally_His said:

I am trying to beg the host for some hints..... :(

I know you don't need them, but some of us do, so be considerate.....

I see that sarcasm is not something you embrace. To be honest I only scored 4/7 in my prelims and have not felt good enough about any of my ideas to even have a theme guess yet. You should learn to laugh more, this is a game after all. :huh:

In addition, although I am not used to saying this type of thing about myself- I was just considerate to you. I offered some advice, which was told to me by an oldtimer to this game when I started playing. I used it and it helped me play well, and even win a time or two. :o

I also seem to remember welcoming you earlier, to which you did not respond or even seem to notice. Consideration works both ways. :mellow:

And by the way, I was attempting to help you, and the rest of ,us all by trying to get our host to give us a yes/no question, which can be the most helpful thing he can give us - in addition to holistic, healthy herbal recipes. ;)

Well, better late than never.

Thanks for the welcome. :)

Also, I once used to have fun and wanted others to do the same, but I was rebuffed coldly by many, because people cared more about winning than having fun. So, since I couldn't change their minds, I was assimilated. My heart is as cold as ice now, which makes me a perfect Stark.

@Eternally_His

If you're not having fun, you're in the wrong place. Everyone else is having fun.

You need to modify your posting style as you come across as abrasive. I told you this early on so your perspective of yourself at that time is fallacious.

We have accepted many people into this game over several years without this kind of drama, so read into that what you will.

2 hours ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

I honestly think this one is easy.

You would! :P

If I knew that I had all the characters right, I might have a shot - a long one, but still, a shot.

As for this current one? The characters are so wildly different (if I have any of them right at all), that all I can say for sure is that they're all characters in George Martin's ASOIAF series. I know you said to take a broad outlook, but seriously . . .

On 3/25/2020 at 9:51 PM, honeyed chicken said:

I know you said to take a broad outlook, but seriously . . .

The broad outlook is only helpful when you hit upon the right idea.

The right idea is very much findable. Half the players have spotted it now.

On 3/25/2020 at 5:51 PM, honeyed chicken said:

You would! :P

If I knew that I had all the characters right, I might have a shot - a long one, but still, a shot.

As for this current one? The characters are so wildly different (if I have any of them right at all), that all I can say for sure is that they're all characters in George Martin's ASOIAF series. I know you said to take a broad outlook, but seriously . . .

:lmao:Chick...my brother, you kill me... :lmao:

22 hours ago, Eternally_His said:

So.....how is the weather?

Proper autumn weather down here in the southern hemisphere, I guess. At least where I live, its overcast, misty, slightly windy and generally uninspiring. Occasional lovely clear days with long shadows. We had a strangely warm spring with hardly any rain which built up even more fuel for bushfires which came and seem to have wiped out any memory of summer for me, followed by weeks of bucketing rain so suddenly things were greener than I have ever seen them. Then coronavirus took off. All in all, strange times.

Sunny spring weather at the moment over here. Ideal for a nice walk, but we are advised to stay at home unless we absolutely need to leave our homes. Rain is expected later today. 

Archived