Acrophilia #20: Breakers of Chains

Dolorous Gabe

That would probably work.

It would need someone to set it all up so that everyone knows what they're doing, then it would be like passing a baton from one host to the next.

It will also require lots of private messages on the go so any redundant ones should be deleted as soon as they're done with.

It's a slightly mad idea, therefore I love it :cheers:

8 hours ago, Castellan said:

Does anyone think an acrophobia game where every player had to conduct a round (and obviously not score in that round) would work?

It sounds like an interesting (and sufficiently mad) idea, requiring more interaction and cooperation than usual. I would play. 

9 hours ago, Castellan said:

Does anyone think an acrophobia game where every player had to conduct a round (and obviously not score in that round) would work?

Would you set up a list of the hosting order at the start or make it random or let each host choose who follows them from the remaining players who haven't hosted yet?

I love the idea. And I think there's a lot of interesting ways to do it from very organized (have an order of hosting list at the start with every theme already declared by the player hosting for her/his round.) to very random - not knowing in advance who the hosts or theme will be till the last minute.

8 hours ago, honeyed chicken said:

Would you set up a list of the hosting order at the start or make it random or let each host choose who follows them from the remaining players who haven't hosted yet?

I love the idea. And I think there's a lot of interesting ways to do it from very organized (have an order of hosting list at the start with every theme already declared by the player hosting for her/his round.) to very random - not knowing in advance who the hosts or theme will be till the last minute.

i could go for this kinda switch around...someone will have to keep the books...not me...so the scoring is uniform...and a theme need not be required, in my wine-sotted opinion

:smoking:

ROUND FIVE RESULTS

1 - Braggart. Adventurer. Deadly. ‘Pirate’.

Answer: Euron Greyjoy

Author: Fragile Bird

Guesser Points: 6/7 = 12

Theme Points: 4

Author Points: 111111 = 6

Total: 22

2 - Jocular, long shadowed king.

Answer: Tyrion Lannister

Author: Set Not Appearing

Guesser Points: -

Theme Points: -

Author Points: 1 = 1

Total: 1 +6 = 7

3 - Unsympathetic. Sadistic ingenious bastard.

Answer: Ramsay Snow

Author: Eternally_His

4 - Behemoth adversary duly poisoned.

Answer: Gregor Clegane

Author: Julia H.

Guesser Points: 7/7 = 14

Author Points: 1111111 = 6

Total: 24

5 - Undeterred ‘stoneman’ insulted banners.

Answer: Stannis Baratheon 

Author: rocksniffer

Author Points: 11111 = 5

Total: 21

6 - Jerk. Lone, sloppy keep.

Answer: Craster

Author: honeyed chicken

Guesser Points: 5/7 = 10

Theme Points: -

Total: 16

7 - Unseen seer is barking.

Answer: Brynden Rivers

Author: Castellan

8 - Betrayed. Allies disavow protocol.

Answer: Robb Stark

Author: She Who Must Be Obeyed

Theme - Characters that have been suspected or accused of kinslaying

So how does this leave the final scores?

STANDINGS

Julia H.    81 + 24 = 105

She Who Must Be Obeyed 80 + 22 = 102

Fragile Bird   76 + 22 = 98

rocksniffer   72 + 22 = 94

Castellan    65 + 22 = 87

Eternally_His   51 + 22 = 73

honeyed chicken   45 + 21 = 66

Ser Not Appearing   56 + 7 = 63

The outstanding Julia H battles off the ever-brilliant She Who Must Be Obeyed to keep on top at the end but it was a spirited chase by She and the tireless Fragile Bird. The mission upon which our friendly neighbourhood rocksniffer went achieve a strong 4th place, taking his beloved middle ground :P alongside the wonderful Castellan. Welcomed newbie Eternally_His recovered from a tough start to finish very strongly in rounds 4 & 5, whilst the loveliest of gents known as honeyed chicken battled manfully throughout this evil game. One day Ser Not Appearing will partake in all the rounds and win gloriously! One day…

Thanks to everyone for playing and congratulations to Julia H. :bowdown:

Stay safe, acrophiles! :cheers:

Oh JuliaH and Ser, what a talented pair!

You should join up in one of those games with partners we played once, and drive us all bonkers.

I knew my incorrect answer had to be Rocksniffers stoneman or the jocular king, and the answer was most likely Tyrion or Theon, but didn't dare change the wrong one. 

Thanks for hosting Gabe!

Thanks Gabe! You ran a wonderful if frustrating (at times) game. :bowdown:

Congratulations to the winner, Julia H. and to SwmbO for the close second! :cheers:

When's the next one start (since none of us are going anywhere anytime soon)? :cool4:

17 minutes ago, Ser Not Appearing said:

I did get guesser points from three right when I looked at it day 1 ... but you added those points so it's all good.

I decided to not include yours in that part simply because it seemed unfair for some players to get author points and some not with you only having answered half the clues. That's why I posted it that way.

Edited to add: to be clear, your correct answers didn't count towards others' author points. For example, Julia would have received one more author point than SWMBO, which could have been crucial.

I should have been clearer for sure.

Thank you, Gabe, for hosting an excellent, exciting and enjoyable game! :bowdown:

Congrats to everyone for being wonderful players! :cheers:

1 hour ago, honeyed chicken said:

When's the next one start (since none of us are going anywhere anytime soon)? :cool4:

I think starting the next game is the prize that I have won (unless there is someone else here who would really, really like to host a game right now), so, please, give me a couple of days to design a game and watch out for the announcement. 

42 minutes ago, Julia H. said:

I think starting the next game is the prize that I have won (unless there is someone else here who would really, really like to host a game right now), so, please, give me a couple of days to design a game and watch out for the announcement. 

great!

1 hour ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

I decided to not include yours in that part simply because it seemed unfair for some players to get author points and some not with you only having answered half the clues. That's why I posted it that way.

Edited to add: to be clear, your correct answers didn't count towards others' author points. For example, Julia would have received one more author point than SWMBO, which could have been crucial.

I should have been clearer for sure.

Ah, that makes some sense.

:bowdown: to Julia for kicking ass...

i knew it was tyrion...i went for long time shadowed the king in the north..followed but that was on me... :dunno:

...best clue was bloodraven's...dear Castellan you rock...i could see his empty eyehole...the unseen seer... filled with bark covered roots...no matter if those were your thoughts that was what motivated me

...to my Brother from another Mother great game... you are the master of this twisted game... :cheers:

...and to Chick...hey my older brother...you kill me, still...:lmao:

...and now i shall retire to my dungeon of debauchery to lick my middle ground...

:smoking:

3 hours ago, rocksniffer said:

...best clue was bloodraven's...dear Castellan you rock...

I thought the same!

I also liked the long-shadowed king. 

Your clue, however, sent me chasing all sorts of stonemen from Jon Con to the Stone Crows. I had to get the theme to get this clue, but once I identified the scene where Stannis insulted the banners, I had no doubt. That's a great clue, too!

9 hours ago, Julia H. said:

Thank you, Gabe, for hosting an excellent, exciting and enjoyable game! :bowdown:

Congrats to everyone for being wonderful players! :cheers:

Will it be a shuffling host round?

47 minutes ago, Eternally_His said:

Will it be a shuffling host round?

I assumed Julia would want to do the classic game. But we could keep the shuffling host idea and use it later. I think it would be a bit of a shambles, really, although fun. Maybe use it when nobody is keen on hosting the whole game, it's a big job.

Archived