Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Dolorous Gabe

Acrophilia #20: Breakers of Chains

Recommended Posts

How come the clue level has jumped? Oh yes, don't have to be guessable. You are all showing your elegant cryptic skills. Mine is the same as ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dangit. There are at least two possible, loosely-reasoanble alternatives to my clue. I logged in to change it and see it was posted awhile ago.

Apologies once again, everyone. I do think my answer is better than the alternatives but it's probably not the most close-to-mind reasonable answer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ser Not Appearing said:

Dangit. There are at least two possible, loosely-reasoanble alternatives to my clue. I logged in to change it and see it was posted awhile ago.

Apologies once again, everyone. I do think my answer is better than the alternatives but it's probably not the most close-to-mind reasonable answer.

They're pretty loose and your reasoning was fair. The actual answer is the best fit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

 They're pretty loose and your reasoning was fair. The actual answer is the best fit.

The chains that bind our experiences are pretty loose, and the key is never too far away...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

They're pretty loose and your reasoning was fair. The actual answer is the best fit.

At least I know what mine is - that's a start! :D

Good clues everybody - they're hard but with enough info one "should" be able to puzzle them out (I hope!).

Question: do players typically post unused clues in the acro leftovers thread? Would love to see some of the clues that were not used.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, honeyed chicken said:

At least I know what mine is - that's a start! :D

Good clues everybody - they're hard but with enough info one "should" be able to puzzle them out (I hope!).

I hope, too...

1 hour ago, honeyed chicken said:

Question: do players typically post unused clues in the acro leftovers thread? Would love to see some of the clues that were not used.

I also like this idea. Or perhaps we could start an Acrophilia leftovers thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ha! I was actually going to start a leftovers thread yesterday but got too busy to do it. Because for once I actually have had leftovers worth posting!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we do have a leftovers thread, please remember not to post anything from a current round.

I know I'm stating the obvious but errors happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

If we do have a leftovers thread, please remember not to post anything from a current round.

I know I'm stating the obvious but errors happen.

I was planning to wait till the end . . .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

The following two characters fit two clues well but are not in the list of answers:

Willas Tyrell

Viserys Targaryen

so i guess i shall start that group over again... <_<

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two of the three mini-themes are very basic links between the characters. The other mini-theme requires a little more thought.

 

Edited to add:

I'm intending to give some more info about what you're looking for tomorrow. Just deciding what to give.

Edited by Dolorous Gabe
Because the Entmoot concluded that I need to give more information

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So more information: two of the three mini-themes really require no thought at all. They are as basic as themes might come. The other one just requires a little more thought.

Once you have most of the answers right, it might make sense to start thinking about the overall theme. Take basic concepts out of the three groups and see if you can add something to each of them to create examples of something in the GRRM's world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am finding the whole thing very hard. If the mini themes are that obvious my characters must be wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...