Acrophilia #20: Breakers of Chains

Dolorous Gabe

54 minutes ago, Julia H. said:

Basically, @honeyed chicken had it right. Littlefinger was Master of Coin (appointed by Robert). Before corrupting girls in his brothels, he corrupted Lysa, who later asked her husband to get the Master of Coin position for him. So it's 'girl corruptor for Master of Coin' (where he balanced dragons). Another possible meaning is that he corrupts girls in his brothels for the purpose of balancing (his own) dragons.  

Man, I feel dense because I still don't get it. It just reads really weird to me.

Interesting on Osney. I don't think I've ever considered his confessing as cocky. Just too eager / transparent for a High Sparrow who focuses on repenting.

You guys should really just adopt all of my readings and views on characters. It would make this game far, far easier.

5 minutes ago, Ser Not Appearing said:

So, using completely other words, it's intended as:

"He's this thing so that he can make money." ...?

That's supposed to be one meaning, yes.

The other is that Lysa lobbied for the corruptor to be appointed Minister of Finance. 

4 minutes ago, Ser Not Appearing said:

You guys should really just adopt all of my readings and views on characters. It would make this game far, far easier.

Possibly. :D

5 hours ago, Ser Not Appearing said:

The word "for" throws me off on #6. Can someone explain how that one flows to me like I'm stupid?

To me it refer to his appointment as master of coin and reads a bit like a news bulletin or election slogan: Brothel owner for master of coin.

But it did read strangely to me too which sent my mind quite blank. And i read it as a girl who corrupts. And focused on the dragons as dragons.

I read it as person who corrupts girls for person who balances dragons ... descriptions of people and not actions they take ... which would be Petyr for Petyr ... which made no sense.

Thinking of it as "let's get that guy who corrupts girls to be our master of coin" helps me.

7 minutes ago, Ser Not Appearing said:

I read it as person who corrupts girls for person who balances dragons ... descriptions of people and not actions they take ... which would be Petyr for Petyr ... which made no sense.

Thinking of it as "let's get that guy who corrupts girls to be our master of coin" helps me.

Why, "Petyr for Petyr" describes his character and his goals quite accurately. :P"Littlefinger loves Littlefinger," says Varys.

21 minutes ago, Julia H. said:

Why, "Petyr for Petyr" describes his character and his goals quite accurately. :P"Littlefinger loves Littlefinger," says Varys.

Petyr loves Cat. He said so himself. Funny how he showed his love for his woman by letting her and her son get killed.

1 minute ago, Eternally_His said:

Petyr loves Cat. He said so himself. Funny how he showed his love for his woman by letting her and her son get killed.

Well, Varys sees it differently. Petyr may say it himself, but it seems he only loves the idea of having Cat for himself. He doesn't care for her well-being beyond that (which would be a sign of real love).  

24 minutes ago, Julia H. said:

Well, Varys sees it differently. Petyr may say it himself, but it seems he only loves the idea of having Cat for himself. He doesn't care for her well-being beyond that (which would be a sign of real love).  

I think he hates her because she rejected him. No more love just hatred of Ned because he had Cat etc etc. He only ever loved Cat but that ended.

1 hour ago, Ser Not Appearing said:

... which would be Petyr for Petyr ... which made no sense.

It makes sense to me, as in Petyr is all about Petyr, or Petyr is only in it for Petyr.

I know, it's weird, me trying to explain a wording that doesn't click, as it has happened to me several times in this game. I do feel your frustration - I've had my share and then some.

He had Sansa and she was his new Cat.

49 minutes ago, Castellan said:

I think he hates her because she rejected him. No more love just hatred of Ned because he had Cat etc etc. He only ever loved Cat but that ended.

On 3/16/2020 at 10:24 AM, Ser Not Appearing said:

The word "for" throws me off on #6. Can someone explain how that one flows to me like I'm stupid?

not enough hours in the day... :lmao:

On 3/16/2020 at 2:23 PM, Julia H. said:

Basically, @honeyed chicken had it right. Littlefinger was Master of Coin (appointed by Robert). Before corrupting girls in his brothels, he corrupted Lysa, who later asked her husband to get the Master of Coin position for him. So it's 'girl corruptor for Master of Coin' (where he balanced dragons). Another possible meaning is that he corrupts girls in his brothels for the purpose of balancing (his own) dragons.  

this is what i thought from the beginning...

On 3/16/2020 at 3:24 PM, Ser Not Appearing said:

So, using completely other words, it's intended as:

"He's this thing so that he can make money." ...?

that's how i see it... he corrupts women for dragons that balance his own books

:smoking:

43 minutes ago, rocksniffer said:

not enough hours in the day... :lmao:

this is what i thought from the beginning...

that's how i see it... he corrupts women for dragons that balance his own books

:smoking:

Oh, I'm sorry. Who is this? I must have blocked all memory of you when nothing appeared in my inbox this weekend!

ROUND FIVE

The final round. You have a regular prelim at the clues and at the theme.

1 - Braggart. Adventurer. Deadly. ‘Pirate’.

2 - Jocular, long shadowed king.

3 - Unsympathetic. Sadistic ingenious bastard.

4 - Behemoth adversary duly poisoned.

5 - Undeterred 'stoneman' insulted banners.

6 - Jerk. Lone, sloppy keep.

7 - Unseen seer is barking.

8 - Betrayed. Allies disavow protocol.

Theme???

Enjoy

You have one week. The deadline is on Wednesday March 25th at 9pm UK time. Good luck!

6 hours ago, Ser Not Appearing said:

Oh, I'm sorry. Who is this? I must have blocked all memory of you when nothing appeared in my inbox this weekend!

yeah the cookie does crumble...but never fear...i am considering it...

:read:

Archived