NFL Playoffs: Hindsight Is 20/20 For Bad Coaching Decisions

Mr. Chatywin et al.

I meant to post this yesterday. I strongly recommend listening to this hour long podcast. It's a conversation between Bomani Jones and Domonique Foxworth, a former DB and former NFLPA player representative, discussing the intersectionality between race, the internal politics of the hiring process and the game itself. I didn't learn all that much from it (so it's quite possible I loved it due to conformation biases) , other than white guys might be stereotyped away from playing CB  and pushed towards slot receiver (think about it, both spots require the same general skill sets and are often filled by guys too short to be an outside WR), but it is honestly one of the best conversations I've ever heard on these subjects. It's also one of the funniest f***ing things I've ever heard. I was literally crying because I was laughing so hard at certain points. Don't miss this one, especially if you think it's going to move you out of your comfort zone. 

Sticking to the topic title theme... I heard this morning on Dari and Mel that the Browns would like to have their coach hired later today and that McDaniels is the favorite.  (Said there was another top choice that I didn't recognize, and if those fell through Robert Saleh is the back-up plan.)

So on the theme of hindsight, explain to me why Josh McDaniels would agree to be the Colts head coach only to back out and go back to New England; but then take the Browns job?!!?

48 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Sticking to the topic title theme... I heard this morning on Dari and Mel that the Browns would like to have their coach hired later today and that McDaniels is the favorite.  (Said there was another top choice that I didn't recognize, and if those fell through Robert Saleh is the back-up plan.)

So on the theme of hindsight, explain to me why Josh McDaniels would agree to be the Colts head coach only to back out and go back to New England; but then take the Browns job?!!?

Some people, like yours truly, smelled something rotten with Luck and the Colts organization well before Pagano was fired.

Meanwhile, wouldn't Tomais Bradley Brady loom great in a Browns uniform?

21 minutes ago, unJon said:

Plus I thought I read that McDaniels grew up a Browns fan. You can’t underestimate that factor. Crackpot factor is McDaniels desire to succeed in the place Belichick failed. 

Those would both be incredibly stupid reasons to take a job. Might be tougher to get a 3rd chance as a HC if it goes poorly again this time. 

1 minute ago, Triskele said:

My prediction for this round is no upsets.  Tempted to pick Seattle over Green Bay but with Seattle's run game so decimated, Green Bay's run game and D somewhat revamped, + Frozen Tundra I'll still pick the Packers.  

Tennessee is also intriguing, but sticking with Lamarr at home.  

Will be quite shocked if Minnesota could win at SF.  

And then you've got Houston, right?

7 hours ago, Rhom said:

McDaniels is from Ohio and apparently coaching the Browns is his dream job.

Also pretty sure he was the driving force behind the Patriots allegedly attempting to trade up for Mayfield if the Browns didn't draft him.

Archived