NFL Playoffs: Hindsight Is 20/20 For Bad Coaching Decisions

Mr. Chatywin et al.

10 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Just saw the Browns are hiring the Vikes OC. Seems like a strange choice...

I mean, who else would you want mentoring Baker Mayfield than the guy who taught Captain Kirk?  All those three and outs yesterday were just too much to pass up on.

So glad i left the TV on when i wandered into the kitchen to start boredom-baking something.    This is one of those rare games like the Oilers of 1993 that will be remembered forever.

And sorry about the bum thing.   It was right there and couldn't be resisted.  But the superbowl trophy is also right there to be grabbed by them, so i didn't mean to mess with the joy.

2 hours ago, Nictarion said:

Just saw the Browns are hiring the Vikes OC. Seems like a strange choice...

Only if you base your coaching decisions off of the outcome of one game against the league's best defense coming off a week of rest and a QB like Cousins who has a tendency to turn into a pumpkin in big games.

3 minutes ago, briantw said:

Only if you base your coaching decisions off of the outcome of one game against the league's best defense coming off a week of rest and a QB like Cousins who has a tendency to turn into a pumpkin in big games.

So I take it you like the hire then? Seems a lot of Vikings fans are glad to be rid of him. 

6 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

So I take it you like the hire then? Seems a lot of Vikings fans are glad to be rid of him. 

I would have been okay with him, Saleh, or McDaniels, to be honest.  They almost hired Stefanski last year, but Dorsey pushed hard for Kitchens and ultimately got his way.  

I also think fans tend to get emotional and let that control their thinking.  The Vikings offense struggled to get anything going against an elite defense that was finally healthy and was getting to the QB at will.  I think blaming Stefanski for that is a little silly, and those same Vikings fans may regret the team parting ways with him a year from now.  

At any rate, I'm of the opinion that basing any type of decision off of the outcome of a single NFL game is the height of idiocy.  You look at a guy's body of work, not a bad performance in an incredibly tough match-up going against a team coming off a week of rest.  And Stefanski had that offense playing as a top ten offense in the NFL throughout the season, and Cousins had the most efficient season of his career.

Archived