NFL Playoffs: Hindsight Is 20/20 For Bad Coaching Decisions

Mr. Chatywin et al.

I’m about as comfortable predicting the Niners to win as I can be without risking jinxing myself.

I believe the Chiefs to be the better team, but think the Titans is an awful matchup for them. I still take the Chiefs, but they won’t be scoring 50 points and I would not be in the least surprised to see the Titans win.

I’d like to see GB vs KC as I think it would be the anticipated SB most people would want but I agree that the Titans pose some problems for KC and SF is not playing at home by accident. They have a very similar formula to the Giant teams that won it all. Run the ball and get after the QB.

What’s been very weird this week as a Niners fan has been watching the transition from constant ‘Yeah, but’ism in the media all year long to a whole bunch of ‘let’s not get caught up in all the hype and crowning the Niners just yet’ pushback without ever having a moment in between where the Niners actually enjoyed this whole anointed thing. Was there a 5 minute window in mid-December I missed?

2 hours ago, Rhom said:

I’m about as comfortable predicting the Niners to win as I can be without risking jinxing myself.

I believe the Chiefs to be the better team, but think the Titans is an awful matchup for them. I still take the Chiefs, but they won’t be scoring 50 points and I would not be in the least surprised to see the Titans win.

The thing about Henry being unstoppable isn’t that he isn’t, it’s that like all ~ run-only teams, the Titans cannot sustain their offence if the other team jumps out to an early lead. Might very well not happen, but if it does and people are like rediscovering kryptonite later on, it won’t be anything we didn’t know before. I wouid not want to have to tackle the guy, kind. I have the sprinter speed, but I topped out just over 205, and I never faced a guy that big who could run with me...that’s got to hurt.

1 hour ago, James Arryn said:

The thing about Henry being unstoppable isn’t that he isn’t, it’s that like all ~ run-only teams, the Titans cannot sustain their offence if the other team jumps out to an early lead. Might very well not happen, but if it does and people are like rediscovering kryptonite later on, it won’t be anything we didn’t know before. I wouid not want to have to tackle the guy, kind. I have the sprinter speed, but I topped out just over 205, and I never faced a guy that big who could run with me...that’s got to hurt.

There’s a picture of Henry somewhere while he was at Bama when he was standing next to Mark Ingram, another north and south runner from Bama and it was scary just how big Henry is. Diving at his ankles is the way to go. 

So, I’m home sick as a dog, which kinda sucks for game day...except today is our baby shower, and if I wasn’t sick I was expected to at least make an appearance, and maybe miss the game, so...dunno, mixed feelings, but too sick to be as nervous as normal, plus at some point I have to drag my ass out to shovel the snow so my gf doesn’t fall coming home. I’m giving today a very mixed grade.

42 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

So, I’m home sick as a dog, which kinda sucks for game day...except today is our baby shower, and if I wasn’t sick I was expected to at least make an appearance, and maybe miss the game, so...dunno, mixed feelings, but too sick to be as nervous as normal, plus at some point I have to drag my ass out to shovel the snow so my gf doesn’t fall coming home. I’m giving today a very mixed grade.

Your only job for a shower imo is to come help haul the gifts home. Enjoy today, even though your sick, because the holy day that is Sunday eventually becomes just another day of the week when the little ones enter the picture. Good game so far also.  KC is killing themselves with the Offsides, kinda like last year.

Saw a Great Belicic/LT/Parcells story on the NFL Network today lol.

Belicic was telling us how on the old Giants teams he and Parcells would split the team into a offense with Parcells and defense with Belicic and meet in separate conference rooms. 

So after one of these meetings Parcells asked Belicic how things went?

Belicic informs Parcells that LT came in late......

"And?",  says Parcells.

Belicic: "Well I thought you'd wanna know LT was late for the defense meeting."

Parcells to Belicic: "Why did you start the meeting before he got there?"

It's a great frikn story with a side of humble pie and what not.

Titans are the Giants this year.    Out of nowhere, suddenly solid, making a run nobody can stop because it just materialized for the playoffs and football heads haven't figured out an answer for it yet.   Then KC scores as a counterpoint.    But if they can't stay on the field long enough their defence will get tired-er and tired-er.......

16 minutes ago, The Mother of The Others said:

Titans are the Giants this year.    Out of nowhere, suddenly solid, making a run nobody can stop because it just materialized for the playoffs and football heads haven't figured out an answer for it yet.   Then KC scores as a counterpoint.    But if they can't stay on the field long enough their defence will get tired-er and tired-er.......

They don’t rush the QB like we did but they are similar in the fact they they got hot at the right time and went on the road and beat teams they were not expected to

Archived