NFL Playoffs: Hindsight Is 20/20 For Bad Coaching Decisions

Mr. Chatywin et al.

I’m like 95% sure he was just looking to edge out of bounds or throw it away until the defensive sea just kinda parted and it was like ‘well look at what we’ve got here.’

edit: someone on another site described it as a very Alex Smith type of run, which feels just about right.

None of the Network "talking heads" I've seen, have been picking the Titans or GB, this makes me even more hopeful for Green Bays chances.

Either way these matchups pan out, were getting a SB team for at least one small market and hopefully two if A.Rogers can become Superman one last time. This is where the NFL model shines for me, it's so difficult to get any small market champions in the other sports.

A Wisconsin v Tennessee SB would be cool, but we'll enjoy a Wisconsin v Missouri matchup as well. The TV people can stick their East/West Coast worship where the sun doan shine.

Commercials for the Super Bowl during the Championship games had got to be one of the most pointless exercises going. Is there anyone tuning in for the semis who is gonna be like ‘Oh, yeah, right, the Super Bowl, that’s a good idea!’...?

3 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

Titans cannot afford to be punting in this game.  Cuz they're only stopping the chiefs when they get lucky with a drop or something.

Yeah, for a 4 pt game that just changed leads, it’s starting to feel like a stranglehold.

Mahomes' mobility like Rodgers' is borderline unfair. It's hard enough trying to stop his ability to put the ball anywhere on the field but then the fact he has enough speed to take off and run anytime, and you can never commit a guy to spy him, it's backbreaking for a defense. 

He's also showing all the poise and experience L-Jax doesn't yet have. 

9 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

Yeah, for a 4 pt game that just changed leads, it’s starting to feel like a stranglehold.

I know someone with a biggish amount on Tennessee who is -7. But Spags is stacking the box and making them throw which they haven’t been able to do since the 1st Q. My friend would be happy with a push the way thing’s are going.

In the days of football carnage, Mahomes woulda been leveled at the 5 yard line by Brock Sr on his long run, but #35's modern approach was not to take the QB outa the game but rather to say, "okay i'm gonna touch yur shoulders like this as i let you duck under, and you enjoy the endzone now, ya'hear?"

Now they back in the land of quick 6 again, the native american contingent.  Wha happened to invincible titan destiny.  They folded those cards quick.  No second half from they.

5 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

What have I become?! 

I would pay good money to see a Jim Tomsula version of the Cash Hurt vid.

That p.i. was a momentum call, imo. Studies show that the biggest way refs ‘cheat’ is being affected by crowd noise, and I think that was one of those.

12 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

What have I become?! 

I really want to tweet out the picture of Tomsula with his hands up looking confused so I can share it inside the thread here... but that would require me to tweet a picture of the biggest joke of a coach ever hired by the 49ers just prior to the biggest game in half a decade.

Archived