NFL Playoffs: Hindsight Is 20/20 For Bad Coaching Decisions

Mr. Chatywin et al.

That Jackson fumble was an atrocious play.  He dodged the defender, knew he was still behind him, and then slows down and throws a pump fake.  You're going to get strip sacked 100% if the time you do that Lamar.

This is very dissapointing, I really wanted to see chiefs Ravens.  But this is over.

I couldn't have expected this. What a satisfying day of football.

It is incredibly gratifying, somehow, that the Titans smoked the Ravens even worse than they beat the Pats last week, and Derrick Henry ran even more roughshod over this number one seed that had the week off. The bitter satisfaction of a Ravens loather, I suppose. But I am legit very pleased for the Titans and Vrabel and the various former Patriots on the team. Shit, is there any evidence Tannehill is a dick? I can feel good for him now that he';s not on the Dolphins. And I think today was more about the Titans playing great than the Ravens choking.

9 hours ago, DanteGabriel said:

I couldn't have expected this. What a satisfying day of football.

It is incredibly gratifying, somehow, that the Titans smoked the Ravens even worse than they beat the Pats last week, and Derrick Henry ran even more roughshod over this number one seed that had the week off. The bitter satisfaction of a Ravens loather, I suppose. But I am legit very pleased for the Titans and Vrabel and the various former Patriots on the team. Shit, is there any evidence Tannehill is a dick? I can feel good for him now that he';s not on the Dolphins. And I think today was more about the Titans playing great than the Ravens choking.

I liked Tannehill a lot while he was at the dolphins. Great footwork, good arm, protects the football, and was unfortunately on one of the worst teams in football. Really happy to see someone with his skill level get a second shot and run with it.

But the real story of the Titans win is how poorly they made the Ravens offense play.  Henry got his yards, sure, but if the Ravens offense did its thing, it wouldn't have mattered.  3 turnovers and 3 (or was it 4?) turnovers on downs, plus several uncharacteristic drops and penalties.  It's hard to know how much was the Ravens paying poor vs the Titans d playing well, because it's always some of both.  But to me it looked like the offense never found its rhythm after that first int, and then lost its confidence after getting stopped on 4th down on the first drive of the second half.  Then Lamar started trying to play hero ball, and that only made things worse.

Really really poor showing for the #1 offense in the league.

Archived