Help me create Valyrian names for my story.

I am writing a story about New Valyrian Empire and I'm in desperate need of Valyrian names for lots of characters. The story is about the royal dynasty and it goes on for many centuries. So I need 100+ Valyrian names that haven't been used before. The names can resemble Targaryen and other families of Valyrian descent.I need female names as I already created the male ones. I hope you can help me.

The names in ASOIAF are inconsistent within the families because they are in real life.  It is a wonder the Targaryens were able to hang on to their custom.  You might want to add variety.  Don't just use -on and -rys at the endings.  Use more than the typical two syllable form.  Maybe decide on the first names of your main families and then build names that sound good with the last names. 

On 1/11/2020 at 6:41 PM, DaenerysTheDragon said:

I am writing a story about New Valyrian Empire and I'm in desperate need of Valyrian names for lots of characters. The story is about the royal dynasty and it goes on for many centuries. So I need 100+ Valyrian names that haven't been used before. The names can resemble Targaryen and other families of Valyrian descent.I need female names as I already created the male ones. I hope you can help me.

You may ask over here https://notemily.tumblr.com/post/190229787653/how-do-you-think-grrm-come-up-with-the-name

George seems to create Valyrian names basically by combining roots and suffixes.

Apparently, male names end with "-on", "-or", "-ar" or "-el", and female names end with "-a". The terminations "-rys" and "-el" seems to work for both sexes.

So you'd only need to decide which would be the root. For Targaryens, the common roots used are "Aeg-", "Aem-", "Aen-", "Vise-", "Rhae-", Jaehae-", "Mae-"... We don't really know roots for non-Targaryen names, so you'll have to make them up. If you want to take inspiration from the High Valyrian used in the tv series, here's all the vocabulary used.

Combining that, you could have names such as Lykson, Nedenkar, Raparys, Rekolla,...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived