Which Targaryen ploy would work?

CassDarry

7 hours ago, CassDarry said:

Isn’t Dany not barren? Would Aegon accept a marriage if she is? 

Because it's not guaranteed Dany is barren. She's told she will be temporarily and given a vague and nonsensical prophecy about it.

And even if she was, if we're assuming all three claimants came to terms then even if Aegon and Dany dies childless Viserys will presumably have children to take on the Targ name and the Throne.

On 1/20/2020 at 2:01 AM, Finley McLeod said:

Aegon and Connington can only work if enough of the houses throw in with them.  

Honestly all three ways seems to depend on Westerosi Lordly houses supporting them. 

Which Targaryen would get the most support?

I don’t foresee any house in Dorne not supporting the marriage of Viserys to Arianne but if they believe Aegon to be genuine, maybe Dorne will not be united?

Which houses would support Dany over Aegon, Viserys and Lannister-Tyrell? 

On 1/20/2020 at 4:20 AM, The Jingo said:

Because it's not guaranteed Dany is barren. She's told she will be temporarily and given a vague and nonsensical prophecy about it..

Interesting?

I just took as she is lol 

Who would Aegon marry to gain the most support other than Dany? Likewise who should she marry Jon Snow if he returns?

4 hours ago, CassDarry said:

Honestly all three ways seems to depend on Westerosi Lordly houses supporting them. 

I don’t foresee any house in Dorne not supporting the marriage of Viserys to Arianne but if they believe Aegon to be genuine, maybe Dorne will not be united?

I will say just about every house will support the Mother of Dragons over any other claimant.  Her Targaryen lineage can never be questioned.  Bringing back the dragons gives her an almost god-like status among the Targaryens and those who remember their legacy.

Dragons inspire fear and worship in Westeros, if none of the dragons are claimed by Aegon or Viserys while this hypothetical situation is happening, support for Dany is the most obvious to me as "House TedBear" if there are dragons I would prefer them to be from my allies, not my enemies.

On 1/23/2020 at 4:56 PM, TedBear said:

Dragons inspire fear and worship in Westeros, if none of the dragons are claimed by Aegon or Viserys while this hypothetical situation is happening, support for Dany is the most obvious to me as "House TedBear" if there are dragons I would prefer them to be from my allies, not my enemies.

Good point 

Dragons do go a long way in the decisions lords will have. But Dorne have held out against dragon riders before. Are we suggesting the other lords are as strong as Dornish?

On 1/23/2020 at 2:39 PM, Widowmaker 811 said:

I will say just about every house will support the Mother of Dragons over any other claimant.  Her Targaryen lineage can never be questioned.  Bringing back the dragons gives her an almost god-like status among the Targaryens and those who remember their legacy.

Was it her who brought them back or was she just right place right time? 

Getting to the Iron Throne and Keeping It:

Move to Westeros, establish residency, learn about its history and its people, find a group of people and earn their support through favors and sacrifices, assist lords in defending their kingdoms when invaders attack, dont demand loyalty, work at earning it for about 20-30 years, never stop educating yourself, dont get too much power too soon, dont valorize your House Words or your Valyrian blood, dont depend on fear as a quick fix, be creative and innovative about solving problems, use political back channels, have a sardonic attitude toward power, dont take yourself too seriously, and its best if you don't want to rule at all.

On 1/23/2020 at 5:29 AM, CassDarry said:

All of them would support Dany.  She has dragons.  The absolute proof that she is the heir to the throne.  Viserys would have bent his knees to her after she hatched the dragons.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2020 at 9:45 AM, Finley McLeod said:

All of them would support Dany.  She has dragons.  The absolute proof that she is the heir to the throne.  Viserys would have bent his knees to her after she hatched the dragons.  

Viserys should bend the knee.  After all, among the Targaryens, the dragon rider is at the top of the ranks.  It may take a dragon dumping Viserys on his butt before he gives in though.  

Archived