The Starks

Eternally_Theirs

6 minutes ago, Centurion Piso said:

It's Arya's mental illness causing the wolf to behave with such hostility.  

Nymeria is a Direwolf about the equivalent of a land Orca, when Direwolves populated the land they were probably one of the things that kept the human population down.  A single direwolf is a threat to someone in full plate armor imagine what a pack would do if they felt humans were easy pickings.  Even more so during a war when corpses are plentiful and the meals come easy.

12 minutes ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

Yeah, well thank goodness for Arya's "mental illness" then. 

:lmao:

5 minutes ago, Alexis-something-Rose said:

Mentally ill? Is she now? That's really good to know. 

Can you tell me what book bad fan fic you're reading?

FTFY. 

2 hours ago, Nagini's Neville said:

Everyone in Westeros is probably mentally ill by our standards. At least most of them have a healthy dose of PTSD.

By our standards? Everyone in our world isn't normal or healthy and anyone who claims otherwise hasn't admitted the truth to themselves yet.

When it comes to Westeros and our standards...90% of men would/should be locked up for rape, pedophelia, murder, property transgression and destruction, war crimes, theft and so forth. About 80%-99% of parents would/should have their children taken away because of neglect, grooming, sexual/emotional/mental abuse, child brides/grooms, forced to watch violence (such as beheadings) and so on.

3 minutes ago, Mystical said:

By our standards? Everyone in our world isn't normal or healthy and anyone who claims otherwise hasn't admitted the truth to themselves yet.

When it comes to Westeros and our standards...90% of men would/should be locked up for rape, pedophelia, murder, property transgression and destruction, war crimes, theft and so forth. About 80%-99% of parents would/should have their children taken away because of neglect, grooming, sexual/emotional/mental abuse, child brides/grooms, forced to watch violence (such as beheadings) and so on.

yeah, probably stupid discussion to start. I beg pardon, dear Mystical! Just one thing, most of the abusers, rapists and child molesters.. aren't locked up in our world either. But it's way worse in Westeros for sure.

On 1/24/2020 at 12:04 PM, Dr. Miguelito Loveless said:

The Starks . . . . . . . . . . . . . . are Shitheads. That's the number one reason why they lost the north and Winterfell.  :ack:

Cat kidnaps Tywin Lannister's son, Sansa can't keep her trap shut, Robb can't keep his word, and Jon can't mind his own business. 

The Stark kids are.  Shit heads, that is.  Ned was a decent fellow.  Tywin would kidnap Robb too if the Starks had tried to kill Jaime.  Catelyn did what Brandon did long ago.  I can understand some of it but to us it's inconsiderate of the collateral damage.

20 minutes ago, Nagini's Neville said:

yeah, probably stupid discussion to start. I beg pardon, dear Mystical! Just one thing, most of the abusers, rapists and child molesters.. aren't locked up in our world either. But it's way worse in Westeros for sure.

Well yeah but that's because our world makes laws they aren't willing to enforce to the letter, sadly. But at least we have them so technically that's would happen if we applied our standards to Westeros.

4 minutes ago, Bullrout said:

The Stark kids are.  Shit heads, that is.  Ned was a decent fellow.  Tywin would kidnap Robb too if the Starks had tried to kill Jaime.  Catelyn did what Brandon did long ago.  I can understand some of it but to us it's inconsiderate of the collateral damage.

The Stark kids are just kids. No more or less shit head than any other kids. 

11 hours ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

The Stark kids are just kids. No more or less shit head than any other kids. 

Considering what the others have done at a similar age, the Stark kids are the least shitty shit heads. Cersei had murdered her best friend. Tyrion had raped Tysha. Dany's desire for some ugly ass piece of real estate destroyed a village and the people in it. Now that's some shit.

11 hours ago, Nagini's Neville said:

Also many, many place in the world sadly don't, but I get what you're saying.

Kind of goes without saying, because when people usually talk about standards it's our Western world standards they apply.

12 minutes ago, Mystical said:

Considering what the others have done at a similar age, the Stark kids are the least shitty shit heads. Cersei had murdered her best friend. Tyrion had raped Tysha. Dany's desire for some ugly ass piece of real estate destroyed a village and the people in it. Now that's some shit.

I love the Starks but in all fairness it is argued that Robb decimated the riverlands & got himself & his men slaughtered, Arya is putting notches on her belt at an alarming number, Bran mind rapes Hodor, Jon - well all kinds of things get blamed on Jon & Sansa was the initial catalyst that brought down her entire house. 

I don't agree with all of those things but I don't agree with some of what you said irt some of the other children either. 

I'm just saying, kids are shortsighted & impulsive long after they are seen as 'adults' in any given society. 

1 hour ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

I love the Starks but in all fairness it is argued that Robb decimated the riverlands & got himself & his men slaughtered, Arya is putting notches on her belt at an alarming number, Bran mind rapes Hodor, Jon - well all kinds of things get blamed on Jon & Sansa was the initial catalyst that brought down her entire house. 

I don't agree with all of those things but I don't agree with some of what you said irt some of the other children either. 

I'm just saying, kids are shortsighted & impulsive long after they are seen as 'adults' in any given society. 

How do you figure Robb decimated the Riverlands?  I'm curious on how you arrived at that conclusion, I understand his men probably foraged as they moved hurting the smallfolk.  But for them to decimate the Riverlands would require that to be their mission with actual effort put towards it.  

1 hour ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

First of all...intend matters. Robb didn't crown himself King of the Trident. Second, most of his men died thanks to Roose and Walder (and Tywin by proxy), Robb didn't kill them himself. He can't also be everywhere at once to watch every single person in his army. He's not Tywin who deliberately send men to terrorize the smallfolk. So it was never his intend. The one thing you could argue is that they never should have called the banners in the first place and just stayed in the North (Ned isn't worth thousands of smallfolk getting killed).

Arya intentionally goes after people who have hurt her or her family. That's probably gray as hell but it's not like her targets are innocents.

Bran warging Hodor in life threatening situations can be seen as gray, when he does it intentionally for shits and giggles, that's abhorrent.

The Sansa thing is nonsense anyway and the worst that Jon did was separate a mother from her child with the intention to save another child.

But how can you disagree with the other children? Did Cersei not kill her best friend as a child just for saying Jamie is oh so dreamy? Did Tyrion not rape his wife Tysha when he was 13 or so? Did MMD and her village not suffer in part for Dany's ambition?

10 hours ago, Darksnider05 said:

How do you figure Robb decimated the Riverlands?  I'm curious on how you arrived at that conclusion, I understand his men probably foraged as they moved hurting the smallfolk.  But for them to decimate the Riverlands would require that to be their mission with actual effort put towards it.  

9 hours ago, Mystical said:

First of all...intend matters. Robb didn't crown himself King of the Trident. Second, most of his men died thanks to Roose and Walder (and Tywin by proxy), Robb didn't kill them himself. He can't also be everywhere at once to watch every single person in his army. He's not Tywin who deliberately send men to terrorize the smallfolk. So it was never his intend. The one thing you could argue is that they never should have called the banners in the first place and just stayed in the North (Ned isn't worth thousands of smallfolk getting killed).

Arya intentionally goes after people who have hurt her or her family. That's probably gray as hell but it's not like her targets are innocents.

Bran warging Hodor in life threatening situations can be seen as gray, when he does it intentionally for shits and giggles, that's abhorrent.

The Sansa thing is nonsense anyway and the worst that Jon did was separate a mother from her child with the intention to save another child.

I recommend you both re-read my post. I said "It is argued" & "I DON'T AGREE"

I'm not arguing that those things are right & true, I'm giving you examples of the things people argue the Starks have done. 

9 hours ago, Mystical said:

But how can you disagree with the other children? Did Cersei not kill her best friend as a child just for saying Jamie is oh so dreamy? Did Tyrion not rape his wife Tysha when he was 13 or so? Did MMD and her village not suffer in part for Dany's ambition?

I agree about Cersei. 

For the others, you cannot allow exceptions for the Starks & not for anyone else. 

"It wasn't Robb's intention for the smallfolk of the riverlands to suffer" "Arya is only killing people that have hurt her or her family" 

"It's only bad when Bran skinchanges Hodor if it's not in a life threatening situation" "Sansa didn't mean to cause any harm" 

Now, I'm not saying I don't agree with all or at least most of these statements, I'm saying you cannot give exceptions here & not in Tyrion & Dany's situations. 

Without going to far into it - Tyrion was in an extreme situation & was a child. He was told to do something by his father, one of the most powerful men in Westeros. 

Dany didn't intend for MMD & her village to suffer & did the best she could to minimize it. There is actually page upon page of this being argued above, so I don't really wanna go back through all the details. 

My point is just that if there are exceptions allowed, intent considered, in some cases it should be so in all cases. 

4 hours ago, Finley McLeod said:

Mystical,

The worst thing that Jon did is send the guiltiest criminal in Westeros to sneak his sister away from her husband.  It would have gotten worse if Bowen Marsh had not stopped him.  And yes, Jon, Sansa, and Arya are shit heads.  

@kissdbyfire, 13 pages before we got some blind, nonsensical, Jon hate - that has to be some kind of record right? 

5 minutes ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

@kissdbyfire, 13 pages before we got some blind, nonsensical, Jon hate - that has to be some kind of record right? 

:lmao:

Yup, must be a record! But no matter, any thread, especially those directly involving the Starks will turn into a mental Jon/Stark hate thread. 

“If you build it, he they will come”.

Archived