If you could......?

Eternally_Theirs

10 minutes ago, Gingin said:

1. If he was older, Tommen: we could adopt so many cats together, even the “bad cat”.

2. Robb, together with Greywind and Lady: puppies are important.

Yup. I guess you could consider Robb a puppy too.

My answers:

1. I would double-marry Robb and Theon because they are sweethearts, especially the former, who is bound to be my ideal husband. The latter I would marry so I'd have a reason to protect him from big bad Ramsay.

2. I would probably bring back Robb. Because I'm still angry regarding what happened to him. I mean, like, murdering him was akin to murdering a puppy, and it's just something that makes me go 'grrrr'. Shame on you, Roose, shame on you and shame on your family and shame on your moose.

1. If I could marry anyone it would be (adult) Arya. Why? Because I feel she loves people in general and has a keen sense of justice. And I've never really been into women who spend hours in front of a mirror painting themselves so that noone can see "then", but a mask they put on every morning. I have always been attracted to the tom-boyish women/girls whow they are sexy and own it without having to "doctor" themswlves up.

2. Who would I bring back from the dead? That would be Eddard Stark. For all the reasons why the readers (of course not all) fell in love with him in AGOT, and why most of the in-world characters still have a keen respect (even if they don't necessarily like him) for him years after he is dead.

1 hour ago, Travis said:

And I've never really been into women who spend hours in front of a mirror painting themselves so that noone can see "then", but a mask they put on every morning.

Don't know whether this was intentional, but I literally cried out laughing. :D

10 hours ago, DR Supporter said:

Two questions.

1. If you could marry an ASOIAF character, who would you marry and why?

2. If you could bring ASOIAF character(s) back to life, who would you bring back and why?

Will give my answers later.

I think I'd marry Daenerys. There aren't a lot of highborn contenders, and I think a marriage to someone like Arianne or Myrcella or Sansa would end up with me assassinated pretty quickly. And I think Dany could use the advice.

And I'd bring Robb back. In the books he was just a kid that tried to be legitimately good. And I think he'd be the one who could pose the most threat to the tyranny of the Boltons and Freys and Lannisters.

1) I'm really drawing a blank on this one. None of the female ASoIaF characters have really struck me as a potential wife that I'd be into. Typically in this world you marry for duty and not love anyway. I guess I'd be torn between Catelyn Tully and Margaery Tyrell. The former doesn't seem to have too many skeletons in the closet, and demonstrated she can make things work without unreasonable expectations. Though I'd definitely call her out on mistreating any mysterious bastards of dubious parentage I brought home. The latter seems more interesting and maybe compatible on a personal level, but at the same time she's very ambitious and I wouldn't be able to be sure she's being genuine or playing the game. 

2) This one will be controversial, but Tywin Lannister. No he's not a good person, but he's arguably the most capable person in Westeros. At everything except being a parent. I completely understand why Tyrion killed him and can't begrudge him that at all. However, he is the only man that could keep a fractured Westeros unified long enough to resist the second Targaryen invasion.

10 hours ago, Travis said:

1. If I could marry anyone it would be (adult) Arya. Why? Because I feel she loves people in general and has a keen sense of justice. And I've never really been into women who spend hours in front of a mirror painting themselves so that noone can see "then", but a mask they put on every morning. I have always been attracted to the tom-boyish women/girls whow they are sexy and own it without having to "doctor" themswlves up.

You never know, who Arya turns into though. She is only 12. I was a very different person, when I was 12 than I'm now... Just saying

1. Not to spoil the fun, but why would any woman (or man) in her right mind want to marry a man from this world? Even if they are good people, they still have inherently toxic worldviews and beliefs.(I guess the reverse is also true) And does this mean I have to live with him in the asoif world? Then hell no! I don't want to be a woman in that world! Or does he come live with me in reality? 

2. I would bring back Shae, Mycah and the girl, the mountain beheaded- they didn't deserve to die. Even though Ned, Robb and Cat was terrible. I think it is ultimately just important for the story, it's about the Stark (Snow) underdogs in this world- the cripple, bastard, two girls and a wild little boy (and hopefully he survives)

42 minutes ago, Elegant Woes said:

I would pick Edmure. Sure he's not the brightest person, but he is one of the few decent men in ASOIAF. Plus he doesn't have the emotional baggage that the major male characters have and that includes Jon and Samwell. 

but you'd have to be really pretty for him, otherwise he'd be disappointed :laugh:

13 hours ago, DR Supporter said:

Roslin Frey. At the Twins. What could go wrong?

14 hours ago, DR Supporter said:

2. If you could bring ASOIAF character(s) back to life, who would you bring back and why?

Balerion the Black Dread. Whoever gets him could end all war instantly and easily deal with the WW.

14 hours ago, DR Supporter said:

Two questions.

1. Ned Stark because he was a good and loving husband to Catelyn. Maybe also Jon Snow or a Tyrell brother.

2. Lyanna so she could see her son and be proud of him :crying:

19 hours ago, DR Supporter said:

Two questions.

1.  I would marry Daenerys.  A Targaryen princess, very intelligent, very beautiful, dragon rider.  

2.  Aemon Targaryen would make for an interesting advisor to Daenerys.  I want a meeting between Aemon and Qaithe.  

Archived