Football: Better Call Raul

Raja

4-0 win against a team in great form, and after a patchy first half.  That’s a very nice way to head into our break. 

It’s harsh on Southampton but nice that we took more of our chances today.  Ox isn’t yet in full sync with the team, and he was out of position today, but his shooting is generally very good and that was valuable again.  Three assists for Firmino, two goals for Salah, and a goal for Hendo.  But Gomez and Alisson were really important when Southampton were threatening.

We should have more players back after the break.  Hopefully they’ll all be fit and focused. 

Everton and Bournemouth both grabbed wins today, despite having ten men.  Everton only narrowly squeaked it out with a late winner, but three points goes a long way in a congested table (well, congested for 19 teams).

There seemed to be a lot of goals from defenders today.  Three of four in the Chelsea-Leicester game were by defenders, as were three of five in Watford-Everton.  Blades won with an OG from a GK, and West Ham-Brighton had goals from defenders too (one an OG).  Relatively few goals from actual strikers today, aside from Salah.

So just seven more wins for Liverpool, or as BFC called them the inevitables.

While we'Re at it.

1 hour ago, BigFatCoward said:

My dad would be getting told to fuck tight off trying to profit out if me. 

Hum, not sure but I think this sounds more like a scenario in which he ends up in court. Admittedly, I've no idea how serious the authorities take corruption charges involving police officers in the UK.

2 hours ago, polishgenius said:

Haaland since arriving in Germany- 135 minutes, 8 shots, 7 goals.

Bit inflated by the fact that Dortmund haven't played any of the better teams just yet.

Augsburg (9th place currently) was the best teams he faced off against. Union is only really competitive at home. When they have to travel, they've not been anywhere near as gritty and nasty to play. And Köln are in the midst of the relegation battle for obvious reasons.

Eh, obviously we could do with a win and the lack of end product is still a concern, but there were some encouraging signs that when Bruno and the forwards learn each other we'll have some joy. Really good performance from Bruno for a debut after one session with the team, it's such a relief to have a player always looking for positions where he can recieve the ball and move it on fast.

Also Shaw had a good game and despite a few nice moments Traore had so much trouble getting round him and Maguire that he literally broke (Pedro Neto was much more of a threat when he came on although that was probably partly because we gave him more time- but he's gonna be a cracking player).

Archived