Football: Better Call Raul

Raja

5 minutes ago, Ser Glendon Fireball said:

I actually know a Manchester side that would gladly use a good CM, especially if another french CM was to leave.

Ndombele's going to have to show a lot more than he has for Spurs so far before we even think of him as a potential viable replacement for Pogba.

3 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

Ndombele's going to have to show a lot more than he has for Spurs so far before we even think of him as a potential viable replacement for Pogba.

He was vital to Lyon's midfield for a couple of seasons though, you can see the clear drop in quality that followed his departure. But yeah, I agree he's still to adapt to to PL, especially in the physical department.

But thing is, if he does prove himself to be a strong and regular link for Spurs, will Levy & co. listen to any offer, particularly from other PL sides?:dunno:

I didn’t watch the game but it looks like City figuratively battered Spurs in terms of possession, shots, chances, and literally too in fouls and cards.  And yet Spurs Jose’d them 2-0 without Kane.  Mourinho’s preferred tactic of sitting deep and waiting for the opponent to make an error does pay off from time to time (not least Gerrard’s slip) but I cannot imagine why fans are willing to watch this anti-football.

Speaking of which, although I give a lot of credit to Wolves for all they are achieving, they’re absolutely brutal to watch.  Like a faster and more skillful version of Burnley or Stoke. 

2 hours ago, Ser Glendon Fireball said:

But thing is, if he does prove himself to be a strong and regular link for Spurs, will Levy & co. listen to any offer, particularly from other PL sides?:dunno:

The answer is an emphatic no.

2 hours ago, Ser Glendon Fireball said:

I actually know a Manchester side that would gladly use a good CM, especially if another french CM was to leave.

Ndombele's former midfield partner at Lyon, Aouar, is another class player. It's only a matter of time before he moves on and it'd be a shame if we don't at least make a bid for him just as it was a mistake not bidding for Ndombele. Knowing the clowns at our club though, we'd probably rather get rinsed for dross like Rice or Longstaff rather than bid for a player who is better by a country mile.

Grealish is another player we should be seriously considering since we need to make at least 3 midfield signings - Pogba isn't going to extend his contract so will be sold either at the end of this season or next. I'd prefer for us to listen to offers at the end of this season because I don't want an Eriksen situation.

1 hour ago, Consigliere said:

Grealish is another player we should be seriously considering since we need to make at least 3 midfield signings 

I think we're gonna go for Grealish because he fits the Brexit profile of whoever's making the transfer decisions.

I also kinda hope, assuming as we probably should that Sancho is out of our reach, that we make a play for Buendia- it's a funny year this year where several teams in the relegation struggle have at least one really class player that could play for most of the top sides (Arsenal even have several). He's great and he can play in central midfield/no10 if need be.

Also if Pogba goes to Madrid I feel like we're gonna try to get Odegaard in return, mainly because his transfer to Madrid a while back caused enough of a stir that Woodward will probably vaguely recognise who he is.

Archived