The War of Lion and Flower: an Inevitable Battle

OberynBlackfyre

So basically from the end of ASOS to the end of ADWD we see EVERYTHING change for House Lannister. Each person in turn has either done something to betray their family, or has been “declawed” in some fashion.  Jaime is on a pseudo path to redemption or damnation, Tyrion is filled with existential threats and PTSD, and Cersei has essentially gone into full madness, while the most capable one of them all, Tywin, has been slain and even his memory marred by certain events. 

With the assassination of Kevan and Pycelle what do you guys think will be the first strike and by whom? We know that Cersei has a trial by faith coming up, which I honestly don’t see her getting out of.  However what I think could happen is that in a twist, Margaery or Queen of Thorns could come out and accuse her of things as well. However I think the Tyrells will espouse the Faith in order to consolidate their power in Kings Lansing. After her trial I think Cersei may even quit Kings Landing to become de facto Lady of Casterly Rock which puts her in a close proximity to someone who has no love for Tyrells, and an appetite for chaos bordering her own-Euron Crows Eye. I’ve seen them get together even before any hint of it came on the TV show. It makes sense as both of them together represent the “human evil” aspect of the story. 

I think the Tyrells will either arrest or be threatened by the Dornish presence in Kings Landing, and of course reject completely FAegon since there’s no chance of Margaery wedding him since they already have Tommen fully in their grasp. 

what I could see is a three way battle mostly partaking in the Reach/Crownlands of Tyrells v Ironborn/Lannister v FAegon forces 

Well the first strokes in a Lannister-Tyrell conflict have already landed with Cersei's antics accusing Margaery. Quite possibly another at Dragonstone depending on what exactly happened there with Loras. I don't think it's going to expand beyond that, at least immediately though. Cersei has problems closer to home with the Faith, and the Tyrells are virtually in control of King's Landing. With the assassination of Kevan and Pycelle, Cersei's being incapacitated and Tarly's forces in the city, there's nothing stopping them from assuming direct control. All they have to do is place a scroll declaring Mace Regent in front of Tommen and it's official.

Archived