Watch, Watched, Watching: Hindsight in 2020

Ramsay B.

15 hours ago, red snow said:

Really need to start this show if only to practice my German. Also sounds like a great companion to boardwalk empire in seeing how other parts if world were at the time

It's a fantastic series.

4 hours ago, dbunting said:

I remember this from being a teen and it was pretty damn good back then, IIRC the sequel was of course worse. 

Yeah, the sequel sucked. Never seen the third one. 

I’m fairly curious about the new one, but I’d be really hyped for it had Jordan Peele directed it himself. 

22 hours ago, Argonath Diver said:

I am not really a big anime guy, and I expected to only enjoy this for the 3D. I actually really had a great time with it, and have shown it to several guests. The biggest draw is definitely the 3D stuff for me - i have an obnoxiously large pulldown screen and sets of the glasses. Movies made for 3D are such a joy, everyone says it looks way better than in a theater. This is absolutely one of the best movies to showcase it. The action scenes are wild, with people on my couch ducking the flying debris. Cameron is hands down the master of that out-of-favor tech, and I'll be a fanboy of his work forever regardless. 

Also, that movie is incredibly violent, really, but they get away with it because, hey cyborgs!

Kinda like how Samurai Jack could get away with it because of robots.

Highly recommend Babylon Berlin, season 3, Netflixen.

This season is different in appearance, while being the same, meaning, 1928-1929 and the markets' soar.  New, shiny paint, literally. Nicer clothes.  Women particularly not as skin-and-bones. Glitz and Glamor beyond the no frills no disguise sex market. Lots of the anti-science, non-rationality of the occult and countless secret societies that also play occult.  Etc.

The evil is encroaching now in slicker ways than just overt thuggery, though the overt thuggery is expanding too, and hiding itself less.

19 hours ago, Veltigar said:

Ah, I never go on Twitter. Got to protect my well-being. Glad that he didn't do anything douchy in an interesting way though. That means I don't have to look him up.

It was all over the papers here too. I just meant that you could get the gist of it from a quick look at twitter. I mean, it didn't actually take place on twitter. It took place on BBC Question Time, which used to be a politics panel type show broadcast from around the UK, with questions from the audience. But this Fox episode is a prime example of the type of person they get on and the views that are aired on there.

25 minutes ago, Isis said:

It was all over the papers here too. I just meant that you could get the gist of it from a quick look at twitter. I mean, it didn't actually take place on twitter. It took place on BBC Question Time, which used to be a politics panel type show broadcast from around the UK, with questions from the audience. But this Fox episode is a prime example of the type of person they get on and the views that are aired on there.

He annoys the right people. 

Archived