Favorite character arcs

Alyn Oakenfist

5 hours ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Hopefully Stannis gives him some horrifying death. Flaying would be the most appropriate, but given that Stannis is Stannis, I think it will just be burning.

Eek! Don't you think Theon has suffered enough? He has suffered much more than any other turncloak & murderer would if caught. They would just be put to death, not tortured. 

7 hours ago, Gingin said:

Anyway, when it comes to Ramsay’s downfall, I think it will be something epic to read!

Hell yeah. I used to toy with the idea of howd he go. Something gory and extra violent maybe. Like Quentyn or Cleos but,

"Raff, gather the garrison together in the Hall of a Hundred Hearths. Your captives as well. I'll want to see them. Those whores from the crossroads too. Oh, and Hoat. I was distraught to hear that he had died. I'd like to look upon his head."

When they brought it to him, he found that the Goat's lips had been sliced off, along with his ears and most of his nose. The crows had supped upon his eyes. It was still recognizably Hoat, however. Jaime would have known his beard anywhere; an absurd rope of hair two feet long, dangling from a pointed chin. Elsewise, only a few leathery strips of flesh still clung to the Qohorik's skull.

"Where is the rest of him?" he asked.

No one wanted to tell him. Finally, Shitmouth lowered his eyes, and muttered, "Rotted, ser. And et."

"One of the captives was always begging food," Rafford admitted, "so Ser said to give him roast goat. The Qohorik didn't have much meat on him, though. Ser took his hands and feet first, then his arms and legs."

"The fat bugger got most, m'lord," Shitmouth offered, "but Ser, he said to see that all the captives had a taste. And Hoat too, his own self. That whoreson 'ud slobber when we fed him, and the grease'd run down into that skinny beard o' his."

Father, Jaime thought, your dogs have both gone mad. He found himself remembering tales he had first heard as a child at Casterly Rock, of mad Lady Lothston who bathed in tubs of blood and presided over feasts of human flesh within these very walls. Somehow revenge had lost its savor.

"Take this and throw it in the lake." Jaime tossed Hoat's head to Peck, and turned to address the garrison.

Im not a masochist, and if Jaime, a bad guy, can think that, idk, I don't wanna see another man suffer like Theon. 

Although,

7 hours ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

Oh! My mistake! Ramsay does deserve some flaying. 

speaking of character arcs, he came into these books as Reek, maybe he'll end as Reek too 

Top 3 :

1) Theon - It's just an absolutely superb piece of character writing. You have this thoroughly unlikeable person, but GRRM gives him a depth and complexity that leads you down the path of beginning to feel pity and eventually genuine sympathy for him. His descent into madness and then starting to find himself again is brilliant.

2) Bran - Probably my favourite character arc from a pure story perspective. So many creepy, dark elements to it and it gets increasingly sinister the more it develops. The only reason I haven't placed it as my number one is that it's not my favourite to actually read. I guess I find it hard to relate to a 9 year old child's perspective on things but I would have loved to see more of his story unravel through a secondary POV instead.

3) Sandor - I really enjoyed the journey from a 2-dimensional monstrous villain to the revelation of his humanity.
Definitely in the camp hoping to see more of him in the future books.

Archived