A Single PoV from a Secondary Character

Reekazoid

6 hours ago, Reekazoid said:

I had not known about GRRM’s comment regarding new POV characters!

That is secondhand info from other forum users, so take it with a grain of salt, but I do think it is right.  

yeah, interesting take you have on Thorne going from knight to wight.   I have wondered if his character has any redeeming qualities.  It will be interesting to see what George does with him in the next book.  

4 hours ago, The Green Bard said:

It will be interesting to see what George does with him in the next book.  

I will be even more interesting to see what Tormund & co do w/ him. :rofl:

5 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

Tormund & co do w/ him. :rofl:

I’m just hoping Tormund gets out of the shield hall alive.  Preston Jacobs does a pretty good job of suggesting that it is Marsh’s plan to torch the place.  I think the idea of the plan plausible, though I don’t think it will be successful.  At least, it can’t be Marsh’s plan to simply slay Jon and then hope for survival.  Killing the wildling leaders is a logical next step and an excellent echo of the battle outside the twins.  

Just now, The Green Bard said:

I’m just hoping Tormund gets out of the shield hall alive.  Preston Jacobs does a pretty good job of suggesting that it is Marsh’s plan to torch the place.  I think the idea of the plan plausible, though I don’t think it will be successful.  At least, it can’t be Marsh’s plan to simply slay Jon and then hope for survival.  Killing the wildling leaders is a logical next step and an excellent echo of the battle outside the twins.  

Sorry, but you lost me at Preston Jacobs.. :)

1 hour ago, kissdbyfire said:

Sorry, but you lost me at 

If you’re only making a joke, fine, but the idea that you may have taken seriously what I said if only I hadn’t attributed it is kinda sad.   The man does a ton of research and has a lot of good insight, just because ha has a penchant for going too far in wild conclusions doesn’t mean he doesn’t make a major contribution or should be treated as he is in this fandom.  

2 hours ago, Nagini's Neville said:

@kissdbyfire & @Lyanna<3Rhaegar you guys are brutal lol What's wrong with poor Preston Jacobs? Did he make a Jon Snow hate video? 

No lol not that I know of. The videos I've seen of his, admittedly are not many, have been way out there & don't hold much water IMO. 

4 minutes ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

No lol not that I know of. The videos I've seen of his, admittedly are not many, have been way out there & don't hold much water IMO. 

the weirdest phrase and good to know :D 

I only ever watched one, where he suspected Sansa would telepathically make all men fall in love with her- and I thought this would be a fucked up "superpower" of an 11-13 year old to have. Like GRRM is cruel, but hopefully not that cruel

1 hour ago, Nagini's Neville said:

the weirdest phrase and good to know :D 

I only ever watched one, where he suspected Sansa would telepathically make all men fall in love with her- and I thought this would be a fucked up "superpower" of an 11-13 year old to have. Like GRRM is cruel, but hopefully not that cruel

Haha yes, that's the kind of stuff I'm talking about. It's odd...

3 hours ago, The Green Bard said:

If you’re only making a joke, fine, but the idea that you may have taken seriously what I said if only I hadn’t attributed it is kinda sad.   The man does a ton of research and has a lot of good insight, just because ha has a penchant for going too far in wild conclusions doesn’t mean he doesn’t make a major contribution or should be treated as he is in this fandom.  

It is a joke also, but not only a joke. Yeah, PJ seems like a very nice person, and his theories start all right for the most part. And then they invariably go so off the rails they become fan fic to me. 

3 hours ago, Nagini's Neville said:

@kissdbyfire & @Lyanna<3Rhaegar you guys are brutal lol What's wrong with poor Preston Jacobs? Did he make a Jon Snow hate video? 

Not brutal! But it is true for me; I don’t check his stuff out anymore b/c there hasn’t been a single one that didn’t turn into total tinfoil. Well-presented and well-researched, but tinfoil nonetheless. So, now, if I’m feeling tinfoil withdrawal, I just click here instead of watching long YT vids. ;)

Ha ha, got to say I love a bit of Preston (even though he's probably wrong about half of this) :laugh:  I loved the reviews of the later series, and also that he uses The Mico's artwork in theory videos.  I know it's tinfoil, but it's entertaining to me.

As for secondary characters, something more from Meereen would be good, rather than just the conqueror's/ Westerner's perspective :dunno:

3 minutes ago, Neddy's Girl said:

Ha ha, got to say I love a bit of Preston (even though he's probably wrong about half of this) :laugh:  I loved the reviews of the later series, and also that he uses The Mico's artwork in theory videos.  I know it's tinfoil, but it's entertaining to me.

Oh his reviews of the abomination are absolutely amazing and spot on! 

2 minutes ago, Neddy's Girl said:

Those and Rant and Rave kept me sane when that nonsense was on!

Same here + Black Nerd Problems, best written reviews ever!

Another interesting character to get a PoV from would be Marwyn. 

On 2/7/2020 at 8:54 AM, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

I would like a POV from either Meera or Jojen. Sandor would be cool too. 

Or Hodor - seriously, assuming he thinks in normal words & can express himself in his head. It would be very interesting to see how he views things around him, his struggle with being able to express himself, & what he thinks about Bran being in his mind. 

I think a Meera POV would be interesting too. She’s such an enigmatic character to me; super resourceful, quietly strong and confident. I would have loved to know what she was thinking as she was telling the story of Harrenhal too. I wonder if she knows much and more than she’s told. A Hodor POV would be a real challenge but could be a glimmer of innocence in a really dark place.
 As I was thinking about Meera though, I had a funny thought. What if it turned out to be one long annoying litany of teenage persecution?

“Day 246 and here I am stuck in Nowhereville still, babysitting my depressing brother and his weird friend. God, Dad, you’re such a jerk. You said it was going to be are a really “superfun” Harvest Festival. As if!”

14 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

Not brutal! But it is true for me; I don’t check his stuff out anymore b/c there hasn’t been a single one that didn’t turn into total tinfoil. Well-presented and well-researched, but tinfoil nonetheless. So, now, if I’m feeling tinfoil withdrawal, I just click here instead of watching long YT vids. ;)

:lmao:

Omg, that's hilarious! Thanks, now, I'll never get away from that again!

Archived