Pictionary 46: open theme

honeyed chicken

Good morning pictionary fans!

Time to start the next episode of this game. I'm going to go get the rules from the old thread and post them here. One player has suggested that we leave the theme open to the imagination of you players. If that's OK with everybody, that's what we'll do. However, if enough you want a theme I have no problem dreaming one up. :)

I'd like to have a minimum of six committed players before starting, but eight would be ideal. I'll be patient because once we start it's too late for anyone else to get into the game other than as a sub.

In keeping with Pictionary tradition, the players are listed here and names are bolded when I have a submission in from them for the current round. This helps everyone. If you have a submission in and I haven't bolded your name you can call that to my attention and I'll update my spreadsheet and this list to reflect that fact:

Buckwheat

Count Balerion

rocksniffer

Yet another Arya !

Ser Not Appearing

mr. anonymous

The BlackBear

Here's the rules and etc.:

For newcomers wanting see what the game looks like, here's a post from Buckwheat with past games/images, etc: https://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?/topic/86671-pictionary-a-collection-of-beautiful-drawings/

The Rules (shamelessly lifted from CB and Pictionary 44)
General

1. Send me a PM entitled Pictionary: *YOUR BOARD NAME* containing a starting sentence.

2. Once we have enough players I'll send you someone else's sentence.

3. You'll be sent someone else's picture. There will deadlines, but I keep them pretty soft to accommodate schedules and real lives.

4. Watch your pms, as I’ll be sending you sentences to draw or pictures to describe in alternating rounds.

5. I'll post all the chains at the end of the game for your amusement and for the pictionary archives.

Sentence rules

Your description should only be one sentence, not a paragraph. I can understand the desire to describe every detail of the drawing, but the interpretation is more important.  Brevity is the soul of wit.

Picture rules

Any kind of visual art which has been completely created by you is great. Most people will either draw on paper and scan it or take a photo.  You can also use digital drawing software such as MS Paint. But feel free to unleash your creativity.

The only restrictions are:

Please keep the images fairly clean. Nothing NSFW (that means YOU, rocksniffer!!! :lmao:), please. 
    Use of letters in drawings is not allowed.
    It must be entirely your own work - there shouldn't be any kind of copying/pasting from google images (though using them as reference material is fine).

Please link me to a PNG or JPG hosted elsewhere (e.g. people often use imgur). Make sure the picture link doesn't give any clues to the image contents or its origins. It should be a size where we can easily see it and should be rotated to be the correct way round. If you go to imgur, upload your picture, then right-click on it, then click View image.

For some reason I seem to have lost the ability to tag people after TBB . . .  hrrmph!

Yup, still not working.

Buck, if you (or any pictionary fan) have a moment can you help me out here? Please tag the folk who played in the last game and others. We shouldn't have to contact Count Balerion, rocksniffer, or yet another Arya, they're already following the old thread. But Lany, Pebbles, Emmit, Nazca, Turinqui - anybody else you think might be interested would be good to tag. Thank you!

4 hours ago, honeyed chicken said:

For some reason I seem to have lost the ability to tag people after TBB . . .  hrrmph!

Yup, still not working.

Buck, if you (or any pictionary fan) have a moment can you help me out here? Please tag the folk who played in the last game and others. We shouldn't have to contact Count Balerion, rocksniffer, or yet another Arya, they're already following the old thread. But Lany, Pebbles, Emmit, Nazca, Turinqui - anybody else you think might be interested would be good to tag. Thank you!

Just in case:

@Count Balerion @rocksniffer @Yet another Arya ! @Lany Freelove Cassandra @Pebble thats Stubby @Emmit @Nazca Barsavi @Turinqui-Calima 

11 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I can play from 1st February onwards. :)

Hint: you might be better looking for an odd number of players, as the game usually starts and finishes with a sentence.

We had eight last time and I thought it worked well.

For example, Count Balerion (1st player in) sent a starter sentence and every other player got a crack at it, with the final sentence by TC (last player). If there had been seven, CB'd have gotten the last drawing knowing that it was from his sentence. That might have been interesting in itself, but then his sentence of that drawing is going to be what exactly? He already knows what it started out as. He has to pretend that he doesn't know the original sentence, and respond only to the picture, or he just rewrites the original sentence. To me it is more "pure" to have the final sentence written by someone who has no clue.

But if we don't get an even number I won't feel bad knowing some of you prefer it that way.

10 hours ago, rocksniffer said:

...beware what you wish for

:smoking:

I am ready for some infamous Rocksniffer artistry.

/last words

9 hours ago, honeyed chicken said:

We had eight last time and I thought it worked well.

For example, Count Balerion (1st player in) sent a starter sentence and every other player got a crack at it, with the final sentence by TC (last player). If there had been seven, CB'd have gotten the last drawing knowing that it was from his sentence. That might have been interesting in itself, but then his sentence of that drawing is going to be what exactly? He already knows what it started out as. He has to pretend that he doesn't know the original sentence, and respond only to the picture, or he just rewrites the original sentence. To me it is more "pure" to have the final sentence written by someone who has no clue.

But if we don't get an even number I won't feel bad knowing some of you prefer it that way.

No, a person who has seen the chain before does NOT get to see it again. If there are 7 players, that makes it 4 sentences and 3 drawings, every player getting to see the chain exactly once (more players are great though, as if there are more players than rounds, then those not already in the chain can substitute if somebody drops out for a round).

EDIT: Oh yes, I see what you did in the last game - eight players/chains, seven rounds. Exactly as I was describing. :) 

8 hours ago, Ser Not Appearing said:

I'm in, though not sure how to upload pictures here.

Welcome! 

You cannot upload directly to the forum. You have to upload to a different site, mostly we use imgur, but you can use whatever you want, and then send the direct link to the picture.

10 hours ago, Ser Not Appearing said:

I'm in, though not sure how to upload pictures here.

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Welcome! 

You cannot upload directly to the forum. You have to upload to a different site, mostly we use imgur, but you can use whatever you want, and then send the direct link to the picture.

Thanks Buck!

Yes, SNA Buck is right, imgur is what everybody used in the last game. I think for most of us the process goes something like this. Draw a physical picture with pens, crayons, whatever (if you're fluent in some digital drawing program like Microsoft paint, you can skip the picture taking/scanning part) then digitize it by scanning or taking a picture of it. Then drag or drop that jpeg (or whatever photo file you have) to your imgur account. Imgur then offers you a shareable link (you might have to tinker with the privacy settings). You pm that link to me and I'll click on it to check that there's no identifying info on it, anonymity being part of the fun.

Probably the hardest part is opening an imgur account if you don't have one and becoming familiar with that site. Although, for me the hardest part is the drawing because I'm so inartistic.

3 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

You can upload to imgur without having an account. I just go to the site and click on create new post without being logged in.

Thanks, Buck! That's good to know.

1 hour ago, rocksniffer said:

:lmao:YOU, sir, are always worth the price of admission. :)

On 1/25/2020 at 4:01 AM, Yet another Arya ! said:

I'm in of course! Thanks HC for hosting again the game!

Y.w. My pleasure and mine is the easy part. :)

Check me on this. So far I have listed as being in the game (and two eager beavers have already sent sentences): Buckwheat, Count Balerion, rocksniffer, Ser not Appearing, and Yet another Arya !. Hope I didn't miss anyone? Or include someone who did not wish to be included.

Eta: we now have 6. A mystery player has chosen to join us. Hoping to hear from TC.

Archived