Pictionary 46: open theme

honeyed chicken

Because the chains weren't shuffled, I kept gewtting all the really good pics, and Buckwheat was subjected to my terrible efforts. Sorry Buck.

My fave was the first image I got, ignoring the fact Harry is naked, the three main kids are so adorable, and the Professor Trelawney is just perfect.

Thanks for running the game HC!

I love just about every pic drawn by Not anther Ayra

I do have some comments, I sent these in once we had the sentences but not chains

well my guesses are the same as everyone else it seems,  although I've no idea how primal star stuff turned into an alien tripping LSD considering what I drew.    (I do now I've seen the offending pic that caused the jump)

1.  someone doesn't know what Bucky and Rocksniffer are normally drawn as.

2. I put so much effort in that last picture, most of it on the John and Henry Hoovers miniatures and the big bad wolf (although my wolf was more small and cute).  I'm upset that my efforts there simply got dismissed as "several toys"

3.  Just because Harry did not do divination until his 3rd year does not mean baby Yoda was not doing divination during Harry's 2nd year.   Everyone knows Harry did not have any classes with Dobby, Baby Yoda or Smeagol cos they where not in his year.

4.  just cos you need to draw people steeling Harry's clothes does not mean you have to draw a pantless Harry or topless Hermione.  Also this sentence was created in the hopes Sniffer got to draw it early.  Also there is nothing in the rules about pantless Harry this game.

1 hour ago, Pebble thats Stubby said:

I love just about every pic drawn by Not anther Ayra

I do have some comments, I sent these in once we had the sentences but not chains

well my guesses are the same as everyone else it seems,  although I've no idea how primal star stuff turned into an alien tripping LSD considering what I drew.    (I do now I've seen the offending pic that caused the jump)

1.  someone doesn't know what Bucky and Rocksniffer are normally drawn as.

2. I put so much effort in that last picture, most of it on the John and Henry Hoovers miniatures and the big bad wolf (although my wolf was more small and cute).  I'm upset that my efforts there simply got dismissed as "several toys"

3.  Just because Harry did not do divination until his 3rd year does not mean baby Yoda was not doing divination during Harry's 2nd year.   Everyone knows Harry did not have any classes with Dobby, Baby Yoda or Smeagol cos they where not in his year.

4.  just cos you need to draw people steeling Harry's clothes does not mean you have to draw a pantless Harry or topless Hermione.  Also this sentence was created in the hopes Sniffer got to draw it early.  Also there is nothing in the rules about pantless Harry this game.

5. Now everyone knows that mr.anonymous was actually, ms.anonymous. :)

Yikes! I was completely fooled.

I love the way that lizard chap turned into Trump.

My sentence came from a bizarre unfinished (and likely to remain so) parody.

I confess I've never thought of Harry Potter as a Sex God.

My pictures were pretty bad this time, except the reptiles. Those I think were decent.

It looks like I have wildly different knowledge of (pop) cultural references than anybody else. Hildegunst, Moers, Ivan Cankar ... these are the ones I know. I have never heard of John Henry or Who from Whoville, for example.

Everything drawn by Yet Another Arya is beautiful! You are a proper painter. :) 

On 2/22/2020 at 3:37 PM, honeyed chicken said:

rocksniffer:  i can play the trumpet with my buttocks and each time i do, George laughs.

Ooooooof course, rocksniffer. If it is not pantless Harry Potter, there are references to farting. :rolleyes: 

I always appreciate chains involving GRRM!

Count Balerion: https://imgur.com/a/C9h8lXn

:o What. This picture creeps me out. So black. :o An alien while tripping is probably right.

rocksniffer: https://imgur.com/k6jZYUc

·         Ser Not appearing: Scarless Harry Potter rises out of his chair to give an invisible man bunny ears while hairless Voldemort similarly rises to complain and Dobby hides behind the curtains in a room that features figurines of a lion, a man, John Henry and the big bad wolf sitting on a table with a lamp.

Not sure how these two became Harry and Voldemort, but sure, good twist. :P 

On 2/22/2020 at 3:57 PM, rocksniffer said:

first as you can now see neither harry came from my original sentence... :cool4:

second none of the drawings in my chain morphed into harry... :shocked:

third...i drew the harry i was given...partially clad...so that's what i did...at least i did not draw full frontal...because i was thinking of you sweet Queen :lmao:

Oh, I am flattered. :P I mean, you did also draw an almost naked lady instead of Gollum ... :P 

On 2/22/2020 at 4:10 PM, honeyed chicken said:

The chains have been entered into the pictionary archive: pictionary collection

Thank you! :) And for organising the game.

On 2/22/2020 at 8:11 PM, The BlackBear said:

Because the chains weren't shuffled, I kept gewtting all the really good pics, and Buckwheat was subjected to my terrible efforts. Sorry Buck.

My fave was the first image I got, ignoring the fact Harry is naked, the three main kids are so adorable, and the Professor Trelawney is just perfect.

It was my pleasure. :D I assumed they were yours. I mean, my Littlefinger and Varys doodle was one of the worst pictures ever, I am surprised they were even recognised by Count Balerion ... or whoever kept getting my pictures.

I agree, that picture is so cute.

7 hours ago, Pebble thats Stubby said:

That wolf is indeed very cute.

Oooooh, of course. I forgot that Yoda went to Hogwarts a few years before Harry and got sorted into Ravenclaw.

A-ha! Naughty Pebble! :spank: A sentence about Harry's stolen clothes in the hopes of Sniffer getting it? There is no way this wasn't going to turn out ... like it did, or worse. I expected better from you, friend. :P 

I totally vote for the rule about the no pantless Harry Potter to be reinstated. Although, you have to admit it to me, my drawing is not very shy this time. :blushing:

1 hour ago, Count Balerion said:

I love the way that lizard chap turned into Trump.

Now this is just disrespectful towards the best author in the whole Zamonia. That lizard chap. Bah. :read: 

1 hour ago, Count Balerion said:

My sentence came from a bizarre unfinished (and likely to remain so) parody.

I was wondering ...

9 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Thank you! :) And for organising the game.

It was my pleasure. :D I assumed they were yours. I mean, my Littlefinger and Varys doodle was one of the worst pictures ever, I am surprised they were even recognised by Count Balerion ... or whoever kept getting my pictures.

I agree, that picture is so cute.

That wolf is indeed very cute.

Oooooh, of course. I forgot that Yoda went to Hogwarts a few years before Harry and got sorted into Ravenclaw.

A-ha! Naughty Pebble! :spank: A sentence about Harry's stolen clothes in the hopes of Sniffer getting it? There is no way this wasn't going to turn out ... like it did, or worse. I expected better from you, friend. :P 

I totally vote for the rule about the no pantless Harry Potter to be reinstated. Although, you have to admit it to me, my drawing is not very shy this time. :blushing:

Now this is just disrespectful towards the best author in the whole Zamonia. That lizard chap. Bah. :read: 

I was wondering ...

If that is what you expect, then someone has not been paying attention.

I do hope you forgive me when I drew you being Plucked (and eaten) by Sniffer.

and yes your picture is not shy, you've stopped being shy in your drawings for a long while now.  We corrupted you.

Thanks HC for running the game I had fun.

Also I volunteer to run the next game, starting say  in 2-3 weeks depending on signups.

Be warned I will be strict on sentences.  I may even put in a word limit.

5 hours ago, Count Balerion said:

I had no trouble recogising Varys. I thought LF was Juhn Snuh at first, but then figured it out.

My apologies to Herr Doktor Mythenmetz.

Well, kudos to you. I really didn't expect Varys to be recognisable.

And nope, not a Doktor, just regular Mr. von Mythenmetz. ;) I recommend everybody to read at least The City of Dreaming Books, if not also Ensel & Krete. :read: 

If that is what you expect, then someone has not been paying attention.

How terrible. I am always paying attention. Sorry, Mrs. Pebble. :blushing:

I do hope you forgive me when I drew you being Plucked (and eaten) by Sniffer.

Of course. I almost didn't recognise myself anyway.

and yes your picture is not shy, you've stopped being shy in your drawings for a long while now.  We corrupted you.

Oh really? :leer: 

Be warned I will be strict on sentences.  I may even put in a word limit.

What about the pantless HP rule?

i knew it was my darling Pebs joining the mix... :leer:

i must say i thought my littlefinger and varys were clearly identifiable...and of course it was me behind the curtain...

as to the pantless harry...i resisted the urge to include harry in my sentence...and went with one of my favorite chains from the past...the butt trumpet...however i shall not shirk my duties to draw them as i read them... and actually the one with hair in fire was hermione and the semi naked girl is ginny...and she is not showing her assets...in fact i thought that including the swing set was a good throw back to my most famous drawing of the bear, the boy and the playground... :devil:

cheers to my friend and brother Chick for a good game...now you just gotta get better at naming the chains... :cheers:

i shall now await my next opportunity to bring back george, karate experts, witches, the smell of lewdness...and a large green dude in a fig leaf from time to time...

:smoking:

The chains of sentences/drawings are just as crazy as expected...especially the naked Harry Potter chain... Thanks everyone for this great moment! My favorite was this one from Ms Anonymous, because I had to choose between so many possible interpretations! But I love this one, totally psychedelic (well done, the sentence was just impossible to draw!). Regarding my sentence, the Black Bear managed to draw very precisely the gliders! (The Nietzsche/Cankar/Lincoln change is... well, words beat me). And the portrait of the father of ASOIF is amazing...

And thanks for the compliments: I loved the challenge of drawing/describing unbelievable stuff!

@Pebble thats Stubby I'm really sorry for the "several toys"; I noticed the details and was sure they were representing something very precise (I even thought about Warhammer!), but I did not guess what they was representing.

And now, thanks to @Buckwheat I know who are Hildegunst von Mythenmetz and Walter Moers...

2 hours ago, Yet another Arya ! said:

And the portrait of the father of ASOIF is amazing...

Hey, thanks!

That's a too-strong word. But, as someone who doesn't really ever do art, I was legitimately surprised and how my pictures turned out. And I was really happy that George was recognizable.

4 hours ago, Yet another Arya ! said:

The chains of sentences/drawings are just as crazy as expected...especially the naked Harry Potter chain... Thanks everyone for this great moment! My favorite was this one from Ms Anonymous, because I had to choose between so many possible interpretations! But I love this one, totally psychedelic (well done, the sentence was just impossible to draw!). Regarding my sentence, the Black Bear managed to draw very precisely the gliders! (The Nietzsche/Cankar/Lincoln change is... well, words beat me). And the portrait of the father of ASOIF is amazing...

And thanks for the compliments: I loved the challenge of drawing/describing unbelievable stuff!

@Pebble thats Stubby I'm really sorry for the "several toys"; I noticed the details and was sure they were representing something very precise (I even thought about Warhammer!), but I did not guess what they was representing.

And now, thanks to @Buckwheat I know who are Hildegunst von Mythenmetz and Walter Moers...

It's ok,  I just find it funny, I put all the work and effort in those toys, then run out of ti e and rushed the rest of the drawing.  I didn't know the warhammer connection, and had no idea who John Henry or if tgat was 2 people.  So drew them as the hoover family, which may be a british thing.  I was hoping the next person recognised them but was doubtful.  

As to your favourite of mine.  The princess / queen was Margery Tyrell.  It seems ages since we had a Tyrell in the chains and are a traditional dictionary icon, especially if the change gender a few times.   

Archived