Red Wedding: Robb's fate

Eternally_Theirs

1 minute ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

I assure you, they are not. 

Yes, we know. And anyone who discusses things in a rational manner, if those things are anything other than Robb is perfect & should have lived forever & ruled the entire realm. 

He should have ruled the Independent North, true. Whereas for the other six kingdoms, I have a different candidate in mind. Unfortunately, said candidate would probably join Robb in the ground before the series is over, if the author's penchant for killing likeable characters off is anything to go by.

2 hours ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

& ruled the entire realm. 

In hindsight he probably should have. Like his father. 

He already had 2 kingdoms by the time of his coronation and had eyes on two more. 4/8 thats half the Kingdom, he should have taken a page out of Tywins book, no half measures. He set up boarders through Cleos talks and then laments that Sansa isn't Mrs. Loras. But that's past his "realm". Same page as Cerseis book too; Win or die, there is no middle ground.

Or maybe he could have taken the opposite approach, told Mallister and Vance to bend towards his uncle (or senile and dying grandfather). Likewise he could have asked king Balon to go on a campaign with him (that may have done something) or sent a petition to King Robert (cousin Robert lol)) (which may have done nothing lol)

But really for all that Robb may have done wrong (Westerling and Karstark, both ambiguous circumstances) the real issue was Theon and Ramsay playing their games.

Just now, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

Dead men can't be Kings. It is known.

They can be kings (or god) of the underworld. With the wolf's head, Robb reminds of Anubis, as well as the "opener of (door)ways" and god of war Wepwawet. The 1st dynasty pharaoh Den who was the first to unite upper and nether Egypt and to whom the later Horus myths likely refer to is often linked to Wepwawet.

19 minutes ago, sweetsunray said:

They can be kings (or god) of the underworld. With the wolf's head, Robb reminds of Anubis, as well as the "opener of (door)ways" and god of war Wepwawet. The 1st dynasty pharaoh Den who was the first to unite upper and nether Egypt and to whom the later Horus myths likely refer to is often linked to Wepwawet.

Oh my. Well I stand corrected ;)

58 minutes ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

Dead men can't be Kings. It is known. 

Yeah, but he isn't dead. Good men can't die. For as long as the living remember them, they will live on. Hence, he is our King, now and for always. So sayeth his remaining family & the fans who like him.

9 minutes ago, DR Supporter said:

Yeah, but he isn't dead. Good men can't die. For as long as the living remember them, they will live on. Hence, he is our King, now and for always. So sayeth his remaining family & the fans who like him.

I don't think so. I think the rest of his family will probably want a live Stark to rule them but I've been wrong before. 

7 minutes ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

I don't think so. I think the rest of his family will probably want a live Stark to rule them but I've been wrong before. 

Perhaps, but his memory will live on. Hence, he is still a King in their hearts in spite of living one. If your father dies and your mother remarries, you won't forget your birth father, would you? The same principle applies here. Just because they have a new King doesn't mean they will forget their old one, especially since most of them are still devoted to him and his memory.

You're taking my words too literally here.... :lol:

42 minutes ago, DR Supporter said:

Perhaps, but his memory will live on. Hence, he is still a King in their hearts in spite of living one. If your father dies and your mother remarries, you won't forget your birth father, would you? The same principle applies here. Just because they have a new King doesn't mean they will forget their old one, especially since most of them are still devoted to him and his memory.

You're taking my words too literally here.... :lol:

Yeah absolutely. They will all remember him & kindly. 

On 1/26/2020 at 10:50 AM, DR Supporter said:

1. Was Robb the biggest/main target during the Red Wedding?

2. Did he deserve to die or should he have lived?

1. Of course he was the main target. Can't see anyone denying that one.

2. Well he did not deserve to die in that way, but I can not see how the story could have gotten where we are now with him living. Even with him only as a prisoner we would have a different story now and to be honest...I like the story we got.

On 1/26/2020 at 6:45 AM, DR Supporter said:

Yeah, I am biased in favor of a young man who should have lived a long life if it weren't for politics. I hate politics. I am also biased in favor of innocent Jinglebell who had to die because his grandfather didn't care one whit about him.

Well, you know, all of these high born people put their loved ones in harm's way.  It's just their way.  Aegon Frey died because his family was at war.  A war they did not choose but was brought upon them by the decisions of Hoster Tully's daughter.  Catelyn killed Aegon.  We cannot remove that guilt from her. 

16 hours ago, DR Supporter said:

I still stand by my belief that he shouldn't have died.

So say he kept his word to Frey.  He could still die in battle.  I don't feel as bad for him.  It's the people who had no choice but to follow him to war.  Lady Dustin's farmers and workers who had to go to war because the Starks said they had to.  It's those who deserve our sympathy.

Archived