If you could change the events of one chapter

Eternally_Theirs

"Yet every night, some time before the dawn, Drogo would come to her tent and wake her in the dark, to ride her as relentlessly as he rode his stallion. He always took her from behind, Dothraki fashion, for which Dany was grateful; that way her lord husband could not see the tears that wet her face, and she could use her pillow to muffle her cries of pain. When he was done, he would close his eyes and begin to snore softly and Dany would lie beside him, her body bruised and sore, hurting too much for sleep. Day followed day, and night followed night, until Dany knew she could not endure a moment longer. She would kill herself rather than go on, she decided one night …"

I'd change this into gentle, respectful loving sex, that Dany always says enthusiastically yes to and he doesn't hurt her like this and ignore her during it. It still would have not been truly her choice of course, but a lot better. Bad enough to be sold into marriage at age 13 imo.

16 minutes ago, Arthur Peres said:

Stannis not killing Renly. This would turn everything better for everyone not named Lannister.

I'll second this. If Stannis and Renly could've reached an accommodation, this would've been a comparatively happy ending for Westeros until the dragons come.

Just now, Alexis-something-Rose said:

Yes. Ned's concern was that Robert would have the children killed, but I think he still had enough sway over him to stop him from doing that. 

Ah, thanks. I wasn't sure if your first idea had also involved changing this other part.

Maybe Ned does, if Ned were to indulge in some fruit eating and lady watching with Robert as Robert wanted him to do on the way down from Winterfell. :leer:

Archived