NFL: Super Bowl, offseason and quarterback musical chairs

DanteGabriel

Hey JA, congratulations and good luck. I had an old buddy/co-worker who had twins... He spent the next few years wandering around with the thousand yard stare.

But seriously, I think your kids are going to be lucky to have such a thoughtful and conscientious dad.

Damn James, you need to spread out the joyful events in your life. Sunday may be a total overload. 

Seriously though, congrats. That's awesome.

2 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

We’re missing the real subject here. James, survivor of the bra jungle, isn’t married. Are his daughters going to be Arryns or Snows, given that he’s a wildling?

Wait, wouldn't his daughters be Stones? 

13 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

Damn James, you need to spread out the joyful events in your life. Sunday may be a total overload. 

Seriously though, congrats. That's awesome.

Idk man, I read the books years ago while drunk on a beach in LA. And lord knows I haven’t cared about the show in years either.

Called the ending correctly though. Which actually defeats the reason why I fell in love with it in the first place.

5 hours ago, Jaime L said:

Yes.  I look forward to confronting random mule-herders whenever I have to traverse mountainous terrain.  Thank you James Arryn, and congratulations!  Best of luck!

And, um, go Niners!

Wait, no, this is all a lie. The place of birth of said children determines their name, not the origins of their hill top father. He's in the north, and that's where they enter the world, making them Snows.

*bangs fist on desk*

But a word of advice, @James Arryn, whatever you do, do not let them grow up to be sports traders like @Rhom's son!!!

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

Wait, no, this is all a lie. The place of birth of said children determines their name, not the origins of their hill top father. He's in the north, and that's where they enter the world, making them Snows.

*bangs fist on desk*

But a word of advice, @James Arryn, whatever you do, do not let them grow up to be sports traders like @Rhom's son!!!

QFT

Little Bastard still likes to taunt me by pretending to cheer for Wisconsin.

On 1/29/2020 at 2:58 PM, Jace, Basilissa said:

That was the year that earned Brian Hoyer a career as a backup right?

Following up on Shanahan in Cleveland, this is an old article but it was referenced by a newer one: Shanahan had a three year contract but prepared a 32-point presentation (on paper, not PowerPoint) to convince the team to let him go. And so they released him from his contract and he jumped to Atlanta. I guess he wasn't into the Johnny Football experience, and getting texts from the GM about playcalls during games was a big part too.

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2017/02/kyle_shanahan_on_leaving_cleve.html

16 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

*bangs fist on desk*

This might be the first time I've ever said this...but I think Tywin is right. Mya Stone is proof of this. I let Jon Snow throw me off but all that proves is Ned is a fucking terrible liar.

1 hour ago, DanteGabriel said:

Following up on Shanahan in Cleveland, this is an old article but it was referenced by a newer one: Shanahan had a three year contract but prepared a 32-point presentation (on paper, not PowerPoint) to convince the team to let him go. And so they released him from his contract and he jumped to Atlanta. I guess he wasn't into the Johnny Football experience, and getting texts from the GM about playcalls during games was a big part too.

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2017/02/kyle_shanahan_on_leaving_cleve.html

You ever take a job where in the first day you realize this place is asylum level dysfunctional and you made a disastrous decision? It's kinda like that. 

47 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

You ever take a job where in the first day you realize this place is asylum level dysfunctional and you made a disastrous decision? It's kinda like that. 

I love that he made a list. And that he kept going to 32. I mean I love it, but wouldn't you stop after like 12 at most? What a mean girl. It's delightful. 

2 minutes ago, Sivin said:

I love that he made a list. And that he kept going to 32. I mean I love it, but wouldn't you stop after like 12 at most? What a mean girl. It's delightful. 

That's my favorite part! It's like one reason for each NFL team! It's a power of two! A mathematically compelling number of reasons to get your ass out of Cleveland. And presenting it on paper is like the perfect opposite of Belichick resigning as HC of the NYJ on a cocktail napkin.

22 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

On the move so can’t go post by post until later, but just wanted to say you guys are lovely and I am surprised how much your responses touched me. Honestly, thank you.

I always know what to foglamp.

Archived