NFL: Super Bowl, offseason and quarterback musical chairs

DanteGabriel

9 hours ago, Jaime L said:

This might be the first time I've ever said this...but I think Tywin is right.

Ew.  That's a gross thing to admit, and ill-advised publicly.

58 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Season 2 spoiler of their sitcom:

I'm just worried what you would do with the babies upon gaining custody.

21 hours ago, DMC said:

Ew.  That's a gross thing to admit, and ill-advised publicly.

I know. I'm worried this is going to go to Tywin's head. And his head's so big already pretty sure he can't wear hats of any kind. 

I'm rooting for the Chiefs but I have a bad feeling about this game. It's reminding me of the Broncos vs Seahawks Super Bowl: Great offense vs great defense and the D whipped the O's ass. Actually, you can include both Giants vs Pats Super Bowls as well. 

The x-factor might be Mahomes' feet and his ability to escape that great Niners pass rush. 

2 hours ago, Trebla said:

I'm rooting for the Chiefs but I have a bad feeling about this game. It's reminding me of the Broncos vs Seahawks Super Bowl: Great offense vs great defense and the D whipped the O's ass. Actually, you can include both Giants vs Pats Super Bowls as well. 

The x-factor might be Mahomes' feet and his ability to escape that great Niners pass rush. 

The big question is whether the niners d is really that good.  If they're a truly great defense, then the Chiefs are in big trouble.  But Mahomes has faced some good defenses before, like Baltimore this year and the Patriots D three times and played reasonably well every time.  Not carving them up all day, but definitely effective.  If he turns in a showing like that, expect the chiefs to score enough to at least be competitive and keep the pressure on the niners O.  And if it comes down to Mahomes vs Jimmy G in the final minutes, I'm liking the Chiefs, SF pass rush be damned.

2 hours ago, Trebla said:

You know, now that you mention it, it also reminds me of the Broncos Panthers showdown (I'm a huge Broncos fan, so I'm biased). Defense showed up there too, and Cam was considered unstoppable going into it. He seemed to crack under the pressure. It's a big game for Mahomes.

So, I sort of think the story of the game has been that the 49'ers are in constant "Close But No Cigar" territory on the pass riush.  They always seem to have the pocket collapsed and Mahomes in trouble when he nails the killer pass.  

Oh, and Richard Sherman just git burned on a play. So I have that .

Archived