Lord Walder's Punctuality

Finley McLeod

Just now, sweetsunray said:

Walder's like a kid who invents his own game and keeps the rules of the game to himself - it's called cheating. Other kids tend to pick up on that pretty soon and will leave the kid playing by himself wigth imaginary friends instead.

And no matter what Walder tells himself or others about "I said mayhaps", doom and the rat cook is coming for his house. I don't play drinking games often, but I swear I will drink a glass of Tullamore Dew whenever another Frey dies in tWoW.

I'll join you! :cheers:

10 hours ago, DR Supporter said:

Stabbed through the heart
And Roose is to blame
He played his part
And he stole my home
I gave it my all
And I was the one to fall

"HE GIVES LURV A BAAYD NAME"

4 hours ago, DR Supporter said:

Nothing justifies the murder. Any murder. Especially not Robb's.

Sure, whatever. I'm just providing a little insight into Walder's mindset when it comes to guest rights. This is how he rationalized it to himself. If you say mayhaps and the lord of the crossing does not hear it, you don't have to abide by your oaths. That's how the game is played.

5 minutes ago, John Suburbs said:

Sure, whatever. I'm just providing a little insight into Walder's mindset when it comes to guest rights. This is how he rationalized it to himself. If you say mayhaps and the lord of the crossing does not hear it, you don't have to abide by your oaths. That's how the game is played.

That was not a game. That was a murder of two innocent souls, whose names are Robb Stark and Aegon Frey.

2 hours ago, Bernie Mac said:

Aegon was innocent, Robb less so.

I'd say he actually deserved what happened to him, I just don't think the rest of his host did.

To quote William Munny in Unforgiven "Deserve's got nothing to do with it"

The fact is that Walder Frey sealed the doom of his household and it will be extinguished because of his actions. The ones that literally DON'T deserve what's going to happen are all the smallfolk of the Riverlands, especially those that were Frey smallfolk.

36 minutes ago, TheNecromancerofMirkwood said:

To quote William Munny in Unforgiven "Deserve's got nothing to do with it"

The fact is that Walder Frey sealed the doom of his household and it will be extinguished because of his actions.

Possibly, though I have my doubts. But only because Walder lives in the mind of a Fantasy fiction author. In this fictional world the Starks are suddenly blessed with god like powers.

I can't imagine the Tyrells will be extinguished for braking guest rights, nor any other Houses. Walder is simply unlucky that the protagonists of the story he is in were his enemies.

36 minutes ago, TheNecromancerofMirkwood said:

The ones that literally DON'T deserve what's going to happen are all the smallfolk of the Riverlands, especially those that were Frey smallfolk.

Why especially them? What do you think is going to happen to the Frey smallfolk?

Archived