Kobe Bryant dies in helicopter crash according to TMZ

Rhom

11 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

Damn. Him and Gianna RIP.

I just read it was a Sikorsky S-76 too, which I actually work on. 

I was checking Wikipedia about it, and they list only 4 fatal accidents, including this one. That didn't seem right, and I found better data that still lists it as having one of the best safety records among helicopters, partially due to it being expensive and so generally having experienced pilots. 

A real tragedy, and I can't imagine the pain the family are going through. Also saw a report that the other victims were a teammate of Gianna's, and one or bother of her parents. RIP.

28 minutes ago, Conflicting Thought said:

He did rape a woman, no? 

Accused of rape, yes. Not convicted, as the accuser decided not to testify. He always maintained his innocence, saying the sex was consensual, but he DID settle a civil suit out of court. I'm not sure what is says about me but while being fully aware of this, his death has still shocked me, saddened me, and left me shedding some tears. His relationship with his daughters, his incredible passion for achieving his goals, his single minded desire to be the very best at what he did...it was always an inspiration. 

And yet, he might have raped that woman. Which would make him a giant piece of shit. 

Dunno how to reconcile these these two things. 

38 minutes ago, Conflicting Thought said:

He did rape a woman, no? 

He was accused of sexual assault, yes. That’s actually what I think of when I hear his name. Don’t think he was charged. Woman was a groupie, iirc, said she consented to sex, just not anal sex.

Just curious. So many replies here and praise and you throw that question at the woman?

6 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Just curious. So many replies here and praise and you throw that question at the woman?

Ia that for me? 

Just to be clear i do belive the acusser, i do think koby raped her. 

I didnt want to comment on it, but when i saw you said he was a nice man and thoughtfull, i thought it would be good to remember that he was acussed of raping a woman. 

5 minutes ago, Conflicting Thought said:

Ia that for me? 

Just to be clear i do belive the acusser, i do think koby raped her. 

I didnt want to comment on it, but when i saw you said he was a nice man and thoughtfull, i thought it would be good to remember that he was acussed of raping a woman. 

A guy who goes to a small restaurant in a foreign country and drops a $5,000 tip is nice, thoughtful and generous, yes. That does not subtract the rape accusation.

I still smell a misogynist here.

Just now, Fragile Bird said:

A guy who goes to a small restaurant in a foreign country and drops a $5,000 tip is nice, thoughtful and generous, yes. That does subtract the rape accusation.

I still smell a misogynist here.

I think you are confusing posts. Two different posters. 

4 minutes ago, Relic said:

I think you are confusing posts. Two different posters. 

How do you manage to quote me when I immediately corrected the obvious error in my post, lol, that was a ‘not’ in front of subtract.

But the hammer dropped pretty damn fast on those posts. Thought it was the same poster.

12 minutes ago, Conflicting Thought said:

I don't think anyone's forgotten, just not the time.

1 hour ago, Ran said:

I was checking Wikipedia about it, and they list only 4 fatal accidents, including this one. That didn't seem right, and I found better data that still lists it as having one of the best safety records among helicopters, partially due to it being expensive and so generally having experienced pilots. 

Yeah, I’m having trouble finding any updated safety records, but they’re generally known to be very safe aircrafts in the industry. I’m interested to see how the investigation of the crash pans out. 

I’m watching Celtics-Pelicans and each team let the shot clock wind down to zero on their opening possessions as a tribute. Shot clock and one of Kobe’s numbers, 24, were the same(for non b-ball fans). They did it at the Spurs game too. 

Archived