Kobe Bryant dies in helicopter crash according to TMZ

Rhom

6 hours ago, The Last Storm said:

FB used the word groupie.  Again, the DA in Boulder, CO was 100% intent on going after Kobe. The accuser showed up for a rape examination with another mans DNA in her underwear. Her fellow employees and friends said nothing appeared wrong directly after the alleged incident. Is it possible she was money grabbing? 

The DA should have been 100% going after Kobe. 

The accuser had a boyfriend as I recall?  Maybe not.  The truth is that the accuser could have had the semen of 100 men in her underwear and it would have no bearing on whether or not she was sexually assaulted.

People behave is seemingly odd ways after being sexually assaulted.  They regularly fail to 'act recently raped' in any way.  However one would do that.

It is possible she was money grabbing.  That also has no bearing on whether or not she was sexually assaulted. 

This is where I say a bunch of things that get this post deleted.  Read between the lines...it's in there.

7 hours ago, Ferrum Aeternum said:

The question I had was, why not fly under Instrument Flight Rules (IFR) since this pilot was qualified to do so, and it's a safer option in bad weather? The consensus seems to be that private pilots don't usually prefer this because it involves filing a detailed flight plan and being in constant contact with air traffic control throughout the flight process - which also means being at their mercy. If the controller tells you to detour, you detour.

The pilot was probably confident in his route because he probably did it a million times. And I can't speak for helicopter pilots, but I think those guys usually fly visually 95% of the time. And he was probably skilled to fly in fog weather, just failed that day because of lack of practice.

In truth, an IFR flight plan has less air traffic control communication because ATC already knows where you are going based on the flight plan you filed. Once in a while you may divert.
In VFR, you have to constantly state your intentions depending on what airspace you are in.

I have studied Kobe's helicopter track and I have a theory on what happened ... for anyone that cares:

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n72ex#23a8271e

Above is the flight track.

Now here is the point in question:

https://www.google.com/maps/@34.1509075,-118.6947156,3a,75y,209.99h,97.97t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1suCzrQaprw2zbMEZXEkc1dQ!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

Now imagine that photo with the top half cut off because of fog/clouds. There are patches of fog here & there on the ground too.

The helicopter was following the highway, coming on to a SHARP TURN with HILLS on BOTH sides at ~130 knots, 240 km/h, 150 mph.

The helicopter was leaning towards the left-hill a little bit. He was probably distracted or looked away for a moment.
He corrects it by going to the right a little. UNFORTUNATELY, the road turns here and there is the right-hill coming straight at him.

Here according to the radar data, the helicopter climbed and banked left ... possibly to avoid the hill on the right.

Here is where two things may have happened ... maybe even both:

1. While the helicopter was approaching the right-hill at high speed, it climbed into the clouds where the windshields become all gray. You can't see anything. Your pilot instincts kicks in and you stare at your instruments. Now the problem is that you know you are surrounded by hills and you are flying blindly. You start to panic. I think this is where the pilot stopped looking at his instruments and banked the helicopter at a dangerous uncontrollable angle. He eventually loses full control and crashed.
  2. While the helicopter was approaching the right-hill at high speed, it climbed into the clouds where the windshields become all gray. You can't see anything. The helicopter is fully loaded with 9 people and luggage. The rapid climb and left bank puts a lot of strain on the helicopter until something malfunctioned or stalled. Perhaps when the pilot practiced this maneuver in his emergency training, the helicopter was empty. But this time, it was fully loaded. Weight makes a big difference in aviation emergencies.
  3. It could even be both.

But I do believe the pilot was flying straight into that right-hill on at high speeds, and made the corrections ... but the wrong corrections. He entered the clouds ... blinded.

He just needed to be distracted for a little bit at the wrong place at the wrong time for this tragedy to happen.

People debated whether he should have flown that day or not. I don't know. Perhaps he had enough weather information where he believed he had the confidence and skill. I haven't flown in 10 years but I'm a certified fixed-wing commercial pilot, instrument rated, multi-engine rated (small planes only). 10 years ago, I probably could have made that flight from Point A to Point B under Instrument rules on a fixed-wing plane (on an approve path and not above a highway). But my better judgment says I won't be able to do that today.

I am curious about when the last time Kobe's helicopter pilot flew Instrument rules in actual Instrument conditions.

14 hours ago, Relic said:

Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did. After months of reviewing discovery, listening to her attorney, and even her testimony in person, I now understand how she feels that she did not consent to this encounter.

To be fair, word for word, this is not an admission of guilt. It just says that Kobe did not see the situation the same way the girl did. He said it in a way that protected her reputation and his (minus the adultery).

Could Kobe have raped her? Perhaps
Did they have consensual intercourse, and is this her way of a legal extortion attempt on a wealthy married man? Perhaps

We'll never know since the evidence and testimonies never made it to the light of day.

But if anyone is interested in my bias opinion, here it is:
The settlement was for $2.5 million????? OMG this is nothing. Kobe made +$700 million over his lifetime.

For $2.5 million, pocket change for Kobe, you get to:

• End the criminal trial
  • Make an public apology without official admission of guilt
  • Stop the media circus, instead of letting it drag on for months/years
  • Allow time for him and his wife to resolve their personal issues, instead of letting the trial drag on for months/years
  • Criminal trial or civil trial, there is no denying he cheated on his wife (lose/lose situation) ... but he at least has a chance to stop this "rape" accusation

For $2.5 million, the girl gets:

• $2.5 million
  • End the media circus
  • Not having to explain to jury what the extra pubic hair and semen of another man (maybe even a 2nd man) was doing on her underwear during the rape examination with the doctors
  • Not having the testimony of that man/men on trial (Kobe's lawyers will make sure that testimony will happen)
  • Not having the testimony of the staff at the spa
  • Potentially losing the criminal suit to the jury and pretty much not expect any money from the civil suit

They settle for $2.5 million. If Kobe was truly guilty, they could have asked for more. But $2.5 mil sounds like a good "Lets do this and move on with our lives. Let's not demonstrate how reliable or unreliable the plaintiff's testimony is"

I don't know. If time wasn't a factor or if Kobe was single, I would love to see how the trial plays out and hear ALL the testimonies.
Perhaps the trial may even clear his name.
Too bad we will never know.

If some of you guys want to think Kobe is a rapist without presented evidence, so be it.
But damn you if you judge him that way because of the color of his skin.
No doubt he cheated on his wife, but painting him a rapist is another level.

He is innocent until proven guilty in my book.

The trial would have been his words against hers.
Kobe doesn't have a history of assault or sexual assault before or after this incident.
There were no #metoo accusers stepping forward during his lifetime.
On the other hand, the girl has semen from other men in her rape examination.
Her words against his.

If this was really a rape, shame on Kobe.

If this was a cash-grab, then this girl is an insult to actual rape victims who never caught their rapists, or seen a dime from them if they did.

Remember ... everyone in Westeros thought Rhaegar, a cheating man, kidnapped and raped Lyanna.

I don't have much to say on the Kobe rape allegation that hasn't already been said, but I do think it's worth sharing that one thing I remember about the incident that still stands out is Kobe buying a $4 million ring for his wife after admitting to (at least) adultery.  Certainly cheaper than a divorce, but still.

5 hours ago, Relic said:

Whoa, you're barking up the wrong tree man. Stop it.

My apologies. You mis-understood me. That rant was not directed to you personally.
I just cited your post for the words in Kobe's apology.
The rant was for people who quickly convict by accusation, without seeing the full picture.

I don't think it's just "Kobestans" right now.  The media - and really every authoritative body these days - seems to love ensconcing the public in amplifying grief.  It really can get annoying - right after Trump was elected I got an email warning me to be sensitive to students' feelings at this difficult time.  Like, what the fuck?  It was a goddamn election, get over it.  Same thing with Kobe.  Yes, we should take a day to reflect on the tragedy.  But after that, people die tragically every day, move on.  Now I'm sounding like Joker when he visits Dent in the hospital, but..geez.

Maybe, but what I’m getting from this specific sub-topic is the stans are out here to down play the rape allegations, often times in gross ways, and the haters are out here to relitigate it and claim he was guilty just days after his death. The people who don’t care about him like that one way or the other are just saying it’s a sad story and let’s not focus on that now either way you feel about it, which is where I stand even though I have very specific feelings about it.

22 hours ago, DMC said:

Same thing with Kobe.  Yes, we should take a day to reflect on the tragedy.  But after that, people die tragically every day, move on

You know its pretty rude to dictate the amount of time someone should mourn the death of another person.
It's very inconsiderate that you fail to consider the connection one may have to another person.

Rest in peace to the others that have perished in the helicopter ... but I don't know who you are.
Random people die everyday. It's sad ... but I don't know who they are.

Kobe ... I followed his career on television at his age of 17 to his last age of 41. He was a teenager, then a champion, then a father of four.
24 years since 1996.
God forbids if someone you admired and followed for 24 years suddenly pass away ... people tell you just mourn them for a day and then move on ... how would you feel?

As a teenager, I idolized him. An entire generation did.
I might have been obese in high school, but watching the way Kobe danced on the NBA court made me want to add an athletic component in my life.

I know most of you guys don't feel the same way, because odds are ... some of guys are older than him or you just don't care about basketball or you lived in a rivaling city of his.
Anyways, you don't look up to someone who is younger than you.
But Kobe felt like the older brother I never had.

Though I never met him, I see and hear him frequently over the years through his ups and downs.
I have more updates on him than I have updates on some of my cousins.
He worked in a non-fictional fantasy world of the basketball sport.
I cried when he and his daughter died ... probably the same way you guys cried for Catelyn and Robb at the Red Wedding.
The obvious difference is that Kobe & GiGi are real people, and Catelyn & Robb are not.
The lingering effect of Kobe & GiGi lasts day by day, and Catelyn & Robb lasts chapter by chapter.

He is not even buried yet ... and people like the remind the world of his "rape" accusation that never went to trial.
I would have love for it to go to trial and end this speculation once and for all ... win or lose.
I would love to hear what the suicidal schizophrenic "Cersei Lannister" of Colorado had to say about all the inconsistencies of her story.

If you guys want to mock me for the brotherly love I have of Kobe Bryant ... so be it.
I'm proud of the connection and I'm not the only one in the world.

Archived