What if Robb was the sole survivor of RW?

Eternally_Theirs

Just now, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

I doubt that but at any rate "would have" is much different than having.Ā 

The point of the hypothetical question from the author of the topic is in keeping with what I said.Ā  If he had lived through the RW, then he would be known as an oathbreaker.Ā  He would be a defeated rebel and the winners will label him oathbreaker.Ā  "Having" is what happened, but the thread author is asking us to predict the "would have" if his scenario happened.

7 minutes ago, Bowen 747 said:

The point of the hypothetical question from the author of the topic is in keeping with what I said.Ā  If he had lived through the RW, then he would be known as an oathbreaker.Ā  He would be a defeated rebel and the winners will label him oathbreaker.Ā  "Having" is what happened, but the thread author is asking us to predict the "would have" if his scenario happened.

That isn't how it read. You said he would have went to the wall but his reputation as an oath breaker would mean he will need watching. But I understand what you are saying.Ā 

It's still nonsense though. There is no reason to think that just because he is dead his reputation would have changed & besides that there is much worse at the wall that don't seem to need watching.Ā 

Just now, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

That isn't how it read. You said he would have went to the wall but his reputation as an oath breaker would mean he will need watching. But I understand what you are saying.Ā 

It's still nonsense though. There is no reason to think that just because he is dead his reputation would have changed & besides that there is much worse at the wall that don't seem to need watching.Ā 

If Robb had survived.Ā  That was the condition given.Ā  It is not out of the question for him to get sent to the Wall.Ā  After all, he would be dead if the powers who won wanted him dead.Ā  So they must want him alive.Ā  The Wall is a good option.Ā  His oathbreaking will be known.Ā  He will be considered a dangerous prisoner because he was the leader of the rebellion against Joffrey.Ā  His oath is no good.Ā  Do you not think he would be watched at the Wall?Ā 

6 minutes ago, Bowen 747 said:

If Robb had survived.Ā  That was the condition given.Ā  It is not out of the question for him to get sent to the Wall.Ā  After all, he would be dead if the powers who won wanted him dead.Ā  So they must want him alive.Ā  The Wall is a good option.Ā  His oathbreaking will be known.Ā  He will be considered a dangerous prisoner because he was the leader of the rebellion against Joffrey.Ā  His oath is no good.Ā  Do you not think he would be watched at the Wall?Ā 

Sure he might be sent to the wall & he might even be "watched" by the crown but it won't be for oath breaking. It will be because he was a rebel. No one at the wall is going to care what oath he broke.Ā 

My contention is that his reputation will be as a dishonorable oath breaker. If that were the case, that would be his reputation now & it isn't.Ā 

The Mad King Aerys died. He didn't became The Good, Sane King Aerys just because he died. His reputation followed him.Ā 

Something occurred to me. There is a way he could have lived. Many hints point to the fact that Nymeria settled down in Riverlands. She could have saved Robb easily. In fact, I think that the author placed her there for that very reason, but then chose not to go through with it because for the sake of 'subverting our expectations that Robb is a hero who would avenge his father'. Yeah, you read that correctly. Sweetie died because he wanted to subvert our expectations, even though there are a million other ways he could have subverted them.

And then he says he 'views his characters as his children'. Right, and I am the Queen of Morrocco, with Sweetie as my King consort.Ā 

If he truly viewed his characters of his children, he wouldn't have killed them off.

A theory: a part of Robb still lives. Has anyone wondered why Nymeria wasn't heard from since Arya drove her off and only resurfaced after the Red Wedding to start killing all the Freys she could get her paws on? This is because Robb took Nymeria's skin in his last moments. Lady Stoneheart knows this, and hangs all the Freys she can get her hands on, playing her part in the mother-son joint revenge plot (TM).

3 minutes ago, Robb4Ever said:

A theory: a part of Robb still lives. Has anyone wondered why Nymeria wasn't heard from since Arya drove her off and only resurfaced after the Red Wedding to start killing all the Freys she could get her paws on? This is because Robb took Nymeria's skin in his last moments. Lady Stoneheart knows this, and hangs all the Freys she can get her hands on, playing her part in the mother-son joint revenge plot (TM).

Arya has been having wolf dreams since the Red Wedding, and continues to have them all the way from Braavos. That's her in there, and given what Varamyr tells us about second-life skin changers, she would know if Robb had somehow managed to get into Nymeria, despite her never being his wolf.

Ā 

Varamyr knew the truth of that. When he claimed the eagle that had been Orell's, he could feel the other skinchanger raging at his presence. Orell had been slain by the turncloak crow Jon Snow, and his hate for his killer had been so strong that Varamyr found himself hating the beastling boy as well. - DWD prologue

Ā 

6 minutes ago, Robb4Ever said:

I wish. In my perfect fantasy world, they do indeed both survive.

In my perfect fantasy world Edmure staysĀ  insideĀ Riverrun so Stannis takes the Iron Throne . Robb together with EdmureĀ“sĀ and StannisĀ“sĀ forces crush Tywin.

1 minute ago, Therae said:

Arya has been having wolf dreams since the Red Wedding, and continues to have them all the way from Braavos. That's her in there, and given what Varamyr tells us about second-life skin changers, she would know if Robb had somehow managed to get into Nymeria, despite her never being his wolf.

Ā 

Ā 

And he is her brother. Even if she knows, she'd let him share.

5 minutes ago, Therae said:

I'm sure she would, but she's given no indication that she feels him in there. Neither has Ghost via Jon, and Ghost seems to be connected to all the living Direwolves so long as the Wall isn't getting in the way.

Or they might have noticed him and are deliberately not thinking about that fact. After all, they are in close proximity to people who have shown to be able to read minds/predict the future (The Kindly Man and Melisandre, respectively) and thus cannot risk them finding that out, so they consciously made a choice not to think/talk about it.

Based on the OP and the thread title, I'd have to give the northerners props. Managing to take out ~7K enemies with 3.5K while being ambushed and drunk at a wedding would be impressive.

I'd imagine he would prolly ride back to RR through Hag's Mire. Assuming he weren't murdered by highwaymen, he'd prolly escape the same way the Blackfish did but also be considered as dangerous as Beric. Maybe even join up with them.

In general, the north would be pretty boned though since Ramsay would be running the show until Stannis showed up.

16 minutes ago, Universal Sword Donor said:

Based on the OP and the thread title, I'd have to give the northerners props. Managing to take out ~7K enemies with 3.5K while being ambushed and drunk at a wedding would be impressive.

I'd imagine he would prolly ride back to RR through Hag's Mire. Assuming he weren't murdered by highwaymen, he'd prolly escape the same way the Blackfish did but also be considered as dangerous as Beric. Maybe even join up with them.

In general, the north would be pretty boned though since Ramsay would be running the show until Stannis showed up.

& mostly unarmed LOLĀ 

Archived