NBA Season 2020 - RIP Mamba

Relic

41 minutes ago, Proudfeet said:

Its not fair to say snub unless you name a person they should replace. Otherwise, too bad, limited slots. Who are you kicking off? Chris Paul? Westbrook?

Don't see the point of quoting trivia. Yeah, he compares to those players. Wow! On arbitrary benchmarks. Without context. Implied relevance. :rolleyes: 

That was the point I just argued on a Kentucky message board.  Its not a zero sum game.  You have to take someone off and the top two candidates would be Donovan Mitchell or Chris Paul.  I don't think you can take Mitchell off.  Paul is having a much better year than expected.

For a guy like Booker though, this is the year you'd need to make it though because next year Steph and Klay come back.

Absolutely I would appoint Booker over Westbrook or Paul. But I didn't have the rosters handy to choose from when I posted that and still don't so I'm not even sure if they'd be my first choices, but neither are as good as Booker at this stage of their careers.

The stats I posted, as noted demonstrate Booker is efficiently getting his numbers, not just a hero baller, but a guy converting over 50% of those shots while still getting assists and making the smart extra pass. Much like the HOFers his stats keep company with. The man is no pretender he's a ALLSTAR under any measurement that doesn't embarrass the league. Leaving him out does just that.

26 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Absolutely I would appoint Booker over Westbrook or Paul. But I didn't have the rosters handy to choose from when I posted that and still don't so I'm not even sure if they'd be my first choices, but neither are as good as Booker at this stage of their careers.

The stats I posted, as noted demonstrate Booker is efficiently getting his numbers, not just a hero baller, but a guy converting over 50% of those shots while still getting assists and making the smart extra pass. Much like the HOFers his stats keep company with. The man is no pretender he's a ALLSTAR under any measurement that doesn't embarrass the league. Leaving him out does just that.

Reserve: Chris Paul, G, Oklahoma City Thunder
Reserve: Damian Lillard, G, Portland Trail Blazers
Reserve: Russell Westbrook, G, Houston Rockets
Reserve: Brandon Ingram, F, New Orleans Pelicans
Reserve: Donovan Mitchell, G, Utah Jazz
Reserve: Rudy Gobert, C, Utah Jazz
Reserve: Nikola Jokic, C, Denver Nuggets

10 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Maybe. Here's the thing. How many other players have stats fall just under that? Or compensate in other ways? What else do those players do that Booker doesn't? Its shit analysis. Its only stats when you post them for Booker only. When you post them with the HOFers, its trivia.

Obviously, they don't shoot right at 50%, but assuming they do and someone else shoots 49%, he misses 1 more shot over 5 games. Wow! What a difference! Same goes for points and assists. 

I'm not saying that Booker doesn't deserve to get in, maybe over Westbrook, but I detest this "stat company" bullshit. Evaluate him on his own merits, don't try to rub the shine of others on him. At least this is an average. Imagine doing it for single games. Oh wait. It already happens. :ack: 

Edit - While I'm on the bullshit stats rant, why do people compare a SINGLE PLAYER's defensive efficiency against a TEAM's defensive efficiency. Yes, yes, such a player is 10 points better than the top team when he plays. So when are you showing me the top player and second top player's defensive efficiency? Do other teams not have that kind of player(s) as well? Does that single player have unlimited stamina and fouls to maintain his defensive efficiency? 

42 minutes ago, Proudfeet said:

Maybe. Here's the thing. How many other players have stats fall just under that? Or compensate in other ways? What else do those players do that Booker doesn't? Its shit analysis. Its only stats when you post them for Booker only. When you post them with the HOFers, its trivia.

Obviously, they don't shoot right at 50%, but assuming they do and someone else shoots 49%, he misses 1 more shot over 5 games. Wow! What a difference! Same goes for points and assists. 

I'm not saying that Booker doesn't deserve to get in, maybe over Westbrook, but I detest this "stat company" bullshit. Evaluate him on his own merits, don't try to rub the shine of others on him. At least this is an average. Imagine doing it for single games. Oh wait. It already happens. :ack: 

Edit - While I'm on the bullshit stats rant, why do people compare a SINGLE PLAYER's defensive efficiency against a TEAM's defensive efficiency. Yes, yes, such a player is 10 points better than the top team when he plays. So when are you showing me the top player and second top player's defensive efficiency? Do other teams not have that kind of player(s) as well? Does that single player have unlimited stamina and fouls to maintain his defensive efficiency? 

Inefficient hero ball.

2 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

The spread from Booker to any other SG is quite a bit more than that this year..

https://www.espn.com/nba/stats/player/_/table/offensive/sort/fieldGoalPct/dir/desc

And that's a better comparison. Not that I share xyz line with abc players rubbish. Have you looked at Ja Morant's stats though? 29.9 pts 48.9% 7.2 assists. Is that really that different from the HOF line?

1 hour ago, Proudfeet said:

And that's a better comparison. Not that I share xyz line with abc players rubbish. Have you looked at Ja Morant's stats though? 29.9 pts 48.9% 7.2 assists. Is that really that different from the HOF line?

That's minutes, not points. 

Man, Dame is ON ONE. WTF. He's been incredibly lately. 

The tribute was super classy. I wonder what this last week has done to LeBron's head. You have to think he, and a lot of other guys, are going to be changing up their approach to their careers. 

44 minutes ago, Relic said:

You have to think he, and a lot of other guys, are going to be changing up their approach to their careers. 

In what respect? Obviously appreciating life and family, but how will it change how they approach their profession?

13 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

In what respect? Obviously appreciating life and family, but how will it change how they approach their profession?

Taking mentorship more seriously, for one. Not getting into the mindset of being the GOAT, perhaps. More focus on appreciating team mates. And so on. Kobe changed a LOT in his career, going from pretty much a dick to a guy that everyone started to like, and even love in the second half of his career. 

8 hours ago, Triskele said:

- Tell me some stuff about your boy Gabriel who started for Portland out of nowhere tonight.  

He was a guy that came to UK very raw but you could see the talent.  He was in the same class as De'Aaron Fox, Malik Monk, and Bam Adebayo so he didn't get as much attention.  He played two years and then went ahead and left early.  At the time, it didn't seem like he'd have much of a pro career, but he worked at it and stayed with it and carved out a spot in Sacramento.  His best game was when he went 7 for 7 from three and 16 of 17 overall to beat Alabama in the SEC tournament.

He's got a lot of potential and he has obviously worked to develop it.  I don't see him being a superstar, but then again I never saw him being a starter in the NBA either!!!!!

3 hours ago, Triskele said:

Nice scouting report!  Too many UK guys to keep track of these days in the NBA.

Can anyone tell me how to share a jpeg on the board?  I've got one I need to share, and I'm ashamed to say that while it must be easy I just cannot figure it out.  

I haven't been able to embed an image unless it was part of a tweet. The best I've been able to do is post an image url.

1 hour ago, DanteGabriel said:

I haven't been able to embed an image unless it was part of a tweet. The best I've been able to do is post an image url.

Tweets are the only way I know to do it :dunno: 

Archived