NBA Season 2020 - RIP Mamba

Relic

4 hours ago, Triskele said:

Can anyone tell me how to share a jpeg on the board?  I've got one I need to share, and I'm ashamed to say that while it must be easy I just cannot figure it out.  

Embedded images in posts is turned off on the board. A Tweet is the best you can do or a link.

I was able to get the Tyler Herro Jersey ordered yesterday (it’s the awesome light blue one with the hot pink script); so naturally I spent all day today worried that he would wind up the sweetener in the Iguadala deal!

3 hours ago, DanteGabriel said:

No trades for Trader Danny today, so I guess he's going to use the three second-half-of-the-first-round picks he's got?

You coulda had the King of the Fourth back and Jordan McRae but the Clips beat you to it. The Celtics boring emphasis on things like defense and playing as a team are keeping them from some entertaining as hell terrible basketball.

56 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

You coulda had the King of the Fourth back and Jordan McRae but the Clips beat you to it. The Celtics boring emphasis on things like defense and playing as a team are keeping them from some entertaining as hell terrible basketball.

Are the Clippers going to buy him out? Because the suspicion is that Ainge is going to go through the buyout market to find a bench scorer or another center.  And... diminished as he might be, IT is like what they hope Carsen Edwards can be.

15 hours ago, briantw said:

I have no idea if Andre Drummond is any good at this point but the Cavs just got him for a pack of peanuts so I guess it doesn't really matter.

Brandon Knight is still in the league? Could have sworn I saw Jordan steal his soul.

Houston's attempt to go full in small ball is off to a good start, they keep winning lately despite playing the 6'5' Tucker at centre and only wings and guards at the other positions. I am quite curious that the end result would be, a lot of people were laughing when they traded away Capela for Covington, a SF, but they are 11-1 in games without Capela this season and their small lineups are destroying teams on offense lately even with Harden not in his best form.

6 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Brandon Knight is still in the league? 

I mean, barely.  

I don't even remember how he ended up on the Cavs.  Pretty sure they didn't sign him, so he was probably a throw in to make salaries match in a trade I suppose.  Same as he was in the Drummond trade.

Looking at Drummond's stats, it seems insane to me that he was obtained for a what amounts to a second round pick.  You'd think he could have helped some contending team out.  Supposedly he's opting into his final year next season, so maybe that played a part, but it also means the Cavs get a year and a half to see how he works out for them.

1 hour ago, briantw said:

Looking at Drummond's stats, it seems insane to me that he was obtained for a what amounts to a second round pick.  You'd think he could have helped some contending team out.  Supposedly he's opting into his final year next season, so maybe that played a part, but it also means the Cavs get a year and a half to see how he works out for them.

Every analyst I’ve heard has said he simply can’t play in crunch time. Translation, he’s dead weight on a contender with that salary.  Dude just had the misfortune of being born at the wrong time. He would have been a monster in the 90’s.

5 hours ago, David Selig said:

Houston's attempt to go full in small ball is off to a good start, they keep winning lately despite playing the 6'5' Tucker at centre and only wings and guards at the other positions. I am quite curious that the end result would be, a lot of people were laughing when they traded away Capela for Covington, a SF, but they are 11-1 in games without Capela this season and their small lineups are destroying teams on offense lately even with Harden not in his best form.

I didn't see the game, but all the talking heads are saying Russ was the real 5 in the game. Is that what you saw?

39 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Every analyst I’ve heard has said he simply can’t play in crunch time. Translation, he’s dead weight on a contender with that salary.  Dude just had the misfortune of being born at the wrong time. He would have been a monster in the 90’s.

Makes sense given his woeful free throw shooting.

But, I mean, the dude didn't even cost anything.  The Cavs got him for a ham sandwich and a used LeBron sock from 2015, which wasn't even the championship year.

8 hours ago, briantw said:

Makes sense given his woeful free throw shooting.

But, I mean, the dude didn't even cost anything.  The Cavs got him for a ham sandwich and a used LeBron sock from 2015, which wasn't even the championship year.

Piston fan here-

His first 5 yrs he was terrible at FT shooting, about 38%. But he's been a 60% FT shooter for the last 3 yrs, so there's been decent improvement with him there. Teams haven't resorted to the "hack-a-shaq" D on Andre for a few years now.

Your gonna see plenty games with Andre having a 20 points (w/ 54% shooting), 20 boards, 2 steals and 2 blocks, stat line. I think Clevelands gonna be glad with his play.

Archived