NBA Season 2020 - RIP Mamba

Relic

I'm cheering for Devin Booker , after nearly being left off the team, to go off on 3's and win the first "Kobe" MVP.

Also some chatter worrying that Lebrons team will be too much for Giannis. I'm not buying that narrative at all. I'm confident Giannis and Embiid are NOT quaking in their sneakers and it will be competitive whichever way it goes.

You gotta go in knowing it's a show, it's for charity and fun imo.

These commercials are better than some of the SB ads. Especially liked the Google search/black history spot.

As for the game, Lebrons owned the first then Giannis' owned the 2nd so it's fairly even, I mean lets face it this is more about entertaining, as usual All-Star contests are. Traes halfcourter was my favorite shot of the half.

Between Chance, Chaka and Common it's a Chi-town show, the fans are lovin it.

Also enjoyed Magics speech, he's from my hometown so it was a heartfelt moment.

2nd half on deck bring it.

Sure looks like Kawhi is gonna set a new (3's made) All-Star record.

Giannis, Embiid and Siakam(sp) have blur like speed for a teams bigs. Giannis was crazy "like a fox" when he picked his group.

On Lebrons team I keep thinking how nice it would be to have Ben Simmons on my club.

Best All Star weekend ever.    The slam dunk contest was like damn, plus the Buddy win , the roast of the hosts was perfect, and now they tricked the players into really competing during the the allstar game to keep their charity kids from crying.  And the alley oop fest at the start of the game!   This was a great way for the league to celebrate Kobe's death.  Jennifer Hudson's tribute song was strange like opera and the shadow of Kobe's head above her looked elongated at one camera angle hinting at his alien heritage and then Magic Johnson said David Stern saved millions of people from HIV.   Chris Webber was absent from broadcast duties due to load management.   Tiffany Haddish's ass was so wide when Shaq saw her from behind he said, "Hey Chuck, how ya doin."    Best Allstar Ever.

10 hours ago, Rhom said:

What the fuck is this shit that I’m watching?!!!?

Yeah, the All Star game wasn’t great quality, but it at least resembled a basketball game.

This is an abomination.

I turned the game off after a quarter and a half of uncontested lobs and having three players or less get back to the other end of the court.  I woke up this morning to the news that Twitter apparently loved it.  :dunno: 

If you'll excuse me, I have to go yell at some clouds.

Honestly, if they're only going to play one meaningful quarter, why not completely change the format? I'd propose the top 24 guys get in and split them up into eight three man teams. Create a single elimination tournament with first to 15 games playing with ones and twos. Last team standing gets a $3m purse and the three players get to donate the money to charities of their choice with an exception for guys on their rookie contracts. They can keep half their individual winnings if they so choose. 

Having a target score to end things was great; a really cool way to eliminate intentional fouling in the closing minute of a game. Not sure how it could feasibly get introduced to regular games though; but it would be an improvement.

5 minutes ago, Fez said:

Having a target score to end things was great; a really cool way to eliminate intentional fouling in the closing minute of a game. Not sure how it could feasibly get introduced to regular games though; but it would be an improvement.

Isn't that what they do in the Big 3 league? I think it's first to 50, bot that I've watched any games.

7 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

That 4th was worth the wait Rhom should've been patient:D

Okay, I just watched the last twenty points on NBA network.  It was legit good with a lot of effort.

So the question becomes, how do we just get rid of the first three quarters and play that?

Change the rules so that you have to score consecutive unanswered points for them to count. If team A scores, team A has to score again without team B scoring to consolidate the points. If team B scores, team A forfeits the first basket and then have to score to prevent team B from consolidating their points.

Basketball is by nature a high scoring game where its easy to trade buckets. So take away the trading component and see what happens? 

Archived