NBA Season 2020 - RIP Mamba

Relic

I heard a pretty damning statistic this morning that’s very troubling for the Wolves. When the Wolves have their best 1-4 lineup on the court with their ex-backup center, they grade out as a top 10 defensive unit. When you swap out the backup for Towns, not only are they the worst defensive unit in the league, they’re one of the worst units ever. Towns might have the best all-around offensive game for any big in the NBA, but he is the worst defender in the league and per Amin Elhassan perhaps one of the worst defensive players ever.

There is no way in hell for an athletic 7 footer to be a worse defender than the likes Isaiah Thomas or Trae Young unless he's intentionally and blatantly sabotaging his team. And in the previous seasons Minnesota's defensive rating was roughly the same when he played and when he was on the bench, so this year's numbers seems to be a fluke to a large degree. So KAT isn't the worst defender in the league, but he plays the most important position defensively so his poor performance on that end matters a lot more than that of a guard.

• 2 weeks later...

This is awesome. :rofl: 

Like, I kinda want to find the game and watch it now.  Did he just stand around and shoot?  You would think he would luck into an assist or a rebound by accident. :lol: 

On 2/19/2020 at 10:55 PM, Proudfeet said:

Would be interesting to see context and how that stat was derived. 

Remember that time when you had that stat where the Warriors were better when Durant was injured? :lol:

Technically speaking, the Lakers are better with LeBron on the floor and AD on the bench. Can’t remember if it’s offensive rating or points per 100 possessions, but they are +.5 with that lineup. Oddly though they’re like -8 worse when it’s the other way around.

:P

Cheeky. It's an intriguing stat but its too open to trigger me.

I just read an otherwise insightful article about Trae Young. Apparently, Atlanta's offense without Trae Young is 10 points worse than Golden State's league worst. Its the same shit with x player's defensive rating is 10 points better than league's best. If you're doing that comparison, take out the highest offensive contributor on every team and redo the table. Otherwise, take the games where Trae is unavailable instead of when he's on the bench for Atlanta's rating and see how it compares. Trae's not going to not play and when he plays he's likely to spend more time with the other starters who could contribute more. 

Maybe I'm just being narrow minded but this is what makes me feel like smashing my head against a wall. :bang: 

4 hours ago, Rhom said:

This is awesome. :rofl: 

Like, I kinda want to find the game and watch it now.  Did he just stand around and shoot?  You would think he would luck into an assist or a rebound by accident. :lol: 

Reggie Miller just punched a wall. That's his dream statline. 

Yeah, he's fucking dumb. But if it wasn't him, someone else would've gotten it soon instead. It was just a matter of time.

I assume that March Madness and the NHL will shortly follow; and that the MLB season will at the very least have a delayed start.

3 hours ago, Rhom said:

Because of course it was the Knicks. :lol: 

Amidst panic and chaos, this is still magical. I’m also going to go ahead and guess that the number of cases in the league is going to skyrocket.

But yeah, the amateurs still need to play and expose themselves.

Also, I want to know who the idiot is who said they’ll be fine if they don’t shake hands. Because sweating all over people as you bump and grind is so much safer.

And just breaking Mitchell has it too.

Archived