NBA Season 2020 - RIP Mamba

Relic

Well, theyve got Reinsdorf on multiple times the first two episodes, and certainly distance him from Krause, who may as well have had the Imperial Walk playing during clips of him. I always thought he was a selfish prick, certainly. I assume this will continue throughout the documentary, as it's a bit dramatic and drama needs a Bad Guy sometimes. 

I cant believe I'm somewhat defending Krause, but he used his slimy soulless talents to make some key moves. I don't think Jordan gets six rings without a similarly cutthroat GM. 

I really dislike the Reinsdorfs, and so far Jerry has been separated from Krause's decisions and painted as more of a benevolent owner. Whereas I think the last twenty years have proven him to be far more interested in the Bulls as reliable moneymaker vs a ring-targetting franchise. 

I am dearly hoping, as a suffering Bulls fan, that Karnisovas continues a sweeping and very visible modernization of the front office, and this gets us out of the laughing stock basement of desirable locations in the NBA. The last two weeks has been fun. I hated that toad Gar Forman with the heat of a thousand suns, and seems like my sentiments were echoed throughout the player base.

5 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Isiah in 88 playoffs scoring 25 points in one quarter....on a severely njured ankle.....in the 88 playoffs....

yeah let's leave him off the team for Maurice fucking Cheeks:lmao:

Counterpoint - Isiah Thomas was a skilled player, but also a raging idiot whose own former teammates held in contempt: 

On 4/20/2020 at 1:03 PM, Wilbur said:

As the 80s progressed, it was increasingly obvious that the two teams with the most potential to succeed the Celtics and Lakers were the Sixers and Bulls, but Harold Katz (another lazy, greedy owner who pissed off his main star, Barkley, with his short-term greed - he chased off Pat Williams who built the 83 Sixers) and the Jerrys in Chicago were mis-managing their teams out of contention.

This is just.... bizarre.  Why are you discarding the Pistons? 

4 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

6'10" people look scary but cant fight for shit. 

Yeah, about that, the most glorious moment in American sports:

Everyone of them could beat all our assess. 

Hint: The correct answer is they're black and society is afraid of black men, especially large black men. This isn't hard. 

10 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Yeah, about that, the most glorious moment in American sports:

Everyone of them could beat all our assess. 

Hint: The correct answer is they're black and society is afraid of black men, especially large black men. This isn't hard. 

There are loads of videos of lots of wind milling but no punches landing. Super long limbs are generally not conducive to fighting. 

46 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

There are loads of videos of lots of wind milling but no punches landing. Super long limbs are generally not conducive to fighting. 

There used to be fights all the time when I started playing rugby (less so now), it's a lot harder to actually land a good punch than they make it look in films and tv. Most people really aren't very good at it. The people who are tend to stand out.

I suppose you probably know that being a police officer. :dunno:

1 hour ago, ljkeane said:

There used to be fights all the time when I started playing rugby (less so now), it's a lot harder to actually land a good punch than they make it look in films and tv. Most people really aren't very good at it. The people who are tend to stand out.

Yeah, any fight between someone who can and someone who cant doesn't last very long.

I think with basketball players it's just when they miss their target, their big long pepperarmi arms end up looking so awkward they just look ridiculous.  

2 hours ago, ljkeane said:

I was basically a black belt as a kid (my studio gave a brown belt with two black stripes to those who met the training requirements but did not meet that age ones) so I guess I'm just used to being around people who can fight.

2 hours ago, Rhom said:

I think you also can’t discount the fact that basketball more than any other sport relies on the image of their superstars to promote the game.

Well, image and race. There's no point in tiptoeing around it. Nobody cared that Bill Laimbeer was beating people up.

1 hour ago, Proudfeet said:

:rolleyes:

Why are you guys arguing about the ability of the players to fight / look cool fighting rather than the assertion that fighting is good? 

Fighting is good. Vice had an interesting look at gang violence (sorry, no link, going off of memory). A lot of older gang members think the spike in gang violence really started when they stopped fist fighting and started shooting each other. And their thesis was that it was because guys thinking it was shameful to lose a fight.

What's shameful is being afraid to fight. I always joke with our few resident gun nuts that maybe they should grow some balls and go take a few boxing classes. It's okay to get punched in the face. Doesn't hurt that bad, even for weaklings. You just have to show some guts and stand back up.

18 minutes ago, Proudfeet said:

Haha, fuck off.

One, we're talking about fighting in sports. Two, it seems that they just escalated from "fist fighting" to "gun fighting". No need to over think it.

Macro sense, fear of fighting leads to gun play. At least here in the U.S.

7 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Macro sense, fear of fighting leads to gun play. At least here in the U.S.

Fine. Whatever, I'm not interested in arguing that point. Even if true, what has that to do with the NBA, where the players are less hostile towards each other than ever?

Archived