ASOIAF nicknames: The Sinister Truth

Eternally_Theirs

22 hours ago, Hugorfonics said:

Aeron tried to lead a rebellion against his anointed king and was arrested for it. Sounds Damn fair to me 

But, really. Lord Snow. Something like the old stories of the king of winter

Some punishment, sure. But this is Reek-level torture. Losing a tounge sounds more fair to me.

On 1/27/2020 at 7:51 AM, DR Supporter said:

Robb Stark was called 'The Young Wolf' because he never grew old and a wolf's head was stitched to his neck.

your fixation with robb is showing...all the name means he was young and a Stark...like Rickard, the laughing wolf, Theon, the hungry wolf...neither died with wolf heads on them...

and of the 3 other "Young" characters named in the wiki

Young Henly - member of NW and died at 59, pretty old for westeros

Young John Mudd - Golden Company, described in book as being "not young" and called Young because his father was called Old John Mudd...and as it happens, still alive

Young Griff - who knows what will happen will he die will he live, is he real or fake...who knows...none of which has to do with his name

Brynden Rivers is called 'Bloodraven' because he ate the weirwood mixed with blood in order to increase his ability

wrong...he is called Bloodraven because of his birthmark which looks like a "crow painted in blood", according to the text...and the words of GRRM, himself who said, "he is so called due to red ink blot type birthmark in the general shape of a crow on his face"

and wrong again... he ate a "white paste of weirwood seeds which streaked the paste with red weirwood sap" these words are found in the text, Bran III of aDoD, perhaps you should join the re-read project before posting your crackpot ideas

Any person who has a nickname with 'bane' in it earned said nickname because they killed a person/thing that their nickname refers to.

of course it does in some cases, captain obvious...but sadly for you not so much in the text...

even though Jon Snow is referred to as "Ser Alliser's bane" and he did not kill the still alive Ser Alliser.

Although Tormund is said to have slain a giant, he claims to have actually cut open the belly of a sleeping giantess and slept in her for warmth during a winter storm. Tormund claims the giantess, thinking he was a babe, then suckled him for three months in the spring.[1] Tormund also claims to once have drunkenly slept with a bear.[1]

and these are the words of the author about the nickname Giantsbane

Gregor is called 'Robert Strong' because he is made out of Gregor's body and Robert/Robb's head, depending on which theory you believe.

tin-foil hat theories are a waste of time...

I thought about the nicknames in the ASOIAF and I've figured out the sinister truth behind some of them.

Roose Bolton was called 'The Leech Lord' because he leeched Robb's life force out of him.

...and this one about roose is just stupid...

in fact i don't think you "thought" about anything at all for your OP but how to get people to notice you...beware what you wish for

:smoking:

:bs:

The character, robb stark is from a story, created by GRRM to sell a book(s) and make money, robb stark is a fictitious figment the author's imagination like any other...this character never lived, never died and is solely confined to the page...he was doomed to die in the story as a plot device to move the story forward...

4 minutes ago, rocksniffer said:

:bs:

The character, robb stark is from a story, created by GRRM to sell a book(s) and make money, robb stark is a fictitious figment the author's imagination like any other...this character never lived, never died and is solely confined to the page...he was doomed to die in the story as a plot device to move the story forward...

Well, unlike you, I actually care about fictional characters more than your shallow mind would ever know, so watch how you talk about my favorite doomed youth. :angry:

5 minutes ago, DR Supporter said:

Well, unlike you, I actually care about fictional characters more than your shallow mind would ever know, so watch how you talk about my favorite doomed youth. :angry:

..or what...

i see you are consumed by this idea these characters are real...and i also see when people disagree or call out your mistakes you attack them...well give me your best shot...i have taken worse from better minds than mine... or yours obviously

6 minutes ago, rocksniffer said:

..or what...

i see you are consumed by this idea these characters are real...and i also see when people disagree or call out your mistakes you attack them...well give me your best shot...i have taken worse from better minds than mine... or yours obviously

Or I will get angry and you won't like me when I am angry. If it's any consolation, Roose and Walder won't like it either. Also, I am not the only one who cares about him or was sad when he dies. There are more of us all over the world, and we're Robb's Legion.

Either way, the real bullshit is you saying that fictional characters aren't loved by the readers and that we don't care about them period. That's false.

Putting you on ignore.

4 minutes ago, DR Supporter said:

They are practically the same person, technically speaking.

:lol: :lmao::laugh: :rofl:

No, they are not. One is a real person, who happens to be an actor. The other doesn’t exist, he is only a fictional character. 

ETA: but your “picture of Robb” explains a lot. And I agree to an extent, Richard Madden is a very fine looking man. 

10 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

No, they are not. One is a real person, who happens to be an actor. The other doesn’t exist, he is only a fictional character. 

ETA: but your “picture of Robb” explains a lot. And I agree to an extent, Richard Madden is a very fine looking man. 

Let’s be honest- that kid is handsome as shit, am I right?

I’m considered a pretty good looking guy but even in my prime, I wasn’t Richard Madden.  Or Robb Stark :rofl: 

2 hours ago, Sigella said:

Some punishment, sure. But this is Reek-level torture. Losing a tounge sounds more fair to me.

I was trying to make a joke (obviously no one deserves to get tortured as a punishment) how about this?

Aeron knew rebelling against an ungodly man would be a rollercoaster but he never expected such a Damn fair 

54 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Robb is the one I love, though. I love fictional characters more than real-life people. I sympathize with fictional characters more than real-life people. Deal with it.

Why are you so eager to diminish the extent of my love for him? Just because you don't care about him doesn't make the fact that I do something unnatural and alien, so stop treating it as if it does. Just because you don't care about fictional characters doesn't mean you get to insult and belittle someone who does. Stop it.

11 minutes ago, DR Supporter said:

Robb is the one I love, though.

One day you’ll meet a loving, caring, handsome, real man with a lot of dogs (or with one big dog) who’ll make you happy! Together you’ll adopt more puppies and you’ll discuss ASOIAF while walking your dogs!

12 minutes ago, DR Supporter said:

Robb is the one I love, though. I love fictional characters more than real-life people. I sympathize with fictional characters more than real-life people. Deal with it.

Why are you so eager to diminish the extent of my love for him? Just because you don't care about him doesn't make the fact that I do something unnatural and alien, so stop treating it as if it does. Just because you don't care about fictional characters doesn't mean you get to insult and belittle someone who does. Stop it.

I mean it. Stop it. >.>

27 minutes ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

No, no you're not trying to get attention at all...:rolleyes:

As great and savage as your old quotes were lol, those new one are really great as well :D

"What do you know of my heart, priestess? What do you know of my sister? "  OMG -just heart-wrenching. I didn't remember that. Ayra=Jon's heart :crying: 

But I can't un-see, that there is no quote associated to Bran (ha, because you didn't read his chapters!- I've read you "confessions" !!)

And what about the poor little wilding? LOL

And yeah, I want attention, too

Archived