MLB 2020: This One’s For Kobe

Myshkin

The weird part is in HS your best pitcher is often your best hitter. But then again the top pitcher on our team got drafted into the NHL, as did our number two, so maybe I'm just biased (neither ended up playing, but for different reasons). 

On 5/14/2020 at 4:42 AM, Triskele said:

Ok, excuse me but...

If we're forced into it isn't Thanos a Yankees fan?

He is. Thanos was quite impressed with the Yankees dominance over other men in the late 90’s. 

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

If things keep going this way the pattern will hold.

Go Dinos, up 2-0 on the Wyverns

Please...it's 2-1.

Here come the Wyverns!

4 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

The weird part is in HS your best pitcher is often your best hitter. But then again the top pitcher on our team got drafted into the NHL, as did our number two, so maybe I'm just biased (neither ended up playing, but for different reasons). 

Well, sure. But in almost every high school, the best hitter will never, ever, ever make it to MLB. It doesn't mean much to be the best in high school.

3 hours ago, Fez said:

Well, sure. But in almost every high school, the best hitter will never, ever, ever make it to MLB. It doesn't mean much to be the best in high school.

Of course not. My point was make those fuckers bat. They can.

Wyverns lose again.  I've taken to lurking with a paper bag on my head.

I think overall I am against the dh.  I feel like baseball players should be baseball players.  The good thing about the dh is it extends players careers as long as they can hit and I wish Edgar Martinez could be in the lineup every day for a thousand years.   The bad thing is I have to hear people tell me David Ortiz is their favorite baseball player.  

On 5/15/2020 at 9:12 PM, Tywin et al. said:

Well you got destroyed 4-0 in one inning to win the game.

Don't fuck with the Dinos! 

Korean Twins not at all scared. Split with the Dinos so far, with a postponed game.

You keep cheering those dinosaurs, traitor. Never forget: The Twins (and Twin Cities) were about working together, not absorbing. That's why we all know Minneapolis is the cool place to live, while St. Paul is the responsible side of the river.

Changwon just took 'em all and lowered its own stature, while Minneapolis was smart enough to leave the babies on the east side.

Ass.

3 hours ago, Inkdaub said:

Wyverns lose again.  I've taken to lurking with a paper bag on my head.

I think overall I am against the dh.  I feel like baseball players should be baseball players.  The good thing about the dh is it extends players careers as long as they can hit and I wish Edgar Martinez could be in the lineup every day for a thousand years.   The bad thing is I have to hear people tell me David Ortiz is their favorite baseball player.  

Bow to the Dinos! 9-1!!!!!!!!!!!

ETA: My belief is, as someone who played every position (less pitcher and first, but I was a utility player and went where I was told), if you feel like you can hit me with a baseball just because you're a jerk, you should either also have to take the plate, or I should be allowed to rush the mound, bat in hand. AL rules do make for a better game, I guess, but NL rules respect it more. 

14 minutes ago, Lightning Lord said:

Korean Twins not at all scared. Split with the Dinos so far, with a postponed game.

You keep cheering those dinosaurs, traitor. Never forget: The Twins (and Twin Cities) were about working together, not absorbing. That's why we all know Minneapolis is the cool place to live, while St. Paul is the responsible side of the river.

Changwon just took 'em all and lowered its own stature, while Minneapolis was smart enough to leave the babies on the east side.

Ass.

You mother fucker! How dare you disrespect the greatest baseball team in the world!

Also, Minneapolis did absorb St. Paul, and Bloomington, for that matter, which makes the comp clean because they also are three cities, seen as two, that kind of became one.  

And no one cares about St. Paul, even if that's where I was born and raised as a kid. 

8 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

You mother fucker! How dare you disrespect the greatest baseball team in the world!
And no one cares about St. Paul, even if that's where I was born and raised as a kid. 

I didn't disrespect the reasonably cromulent Changwon team with their dual mascots. They're fine. Ish. They're not scum (Bears) or outright evil (Lions).

I disrespected their misguided American fan.

Ass.

Also - I did not need a Dragonball Z video this early in the morning. Haven't even had a cup of coffee yet.

Archived