MLB 2020: This One’s For Kobe

Myshkin

On 5/26/2020 at 7:59 PM, Tywin et al. said:

Woooooooooo!

Dinos keep smashing motherfuckers! 

The Heroes really needed a hero!!! 

Both our teams positively woodshedding the opposition...

For my part, I feel bad about it. Not only because of the aforementioned shoulda-married Korean lady, but also because of Gobbo's Doksuli.

That's a kind act by Price. I thought I remembered him being a giant douche in Boston - am I misremembering?

I am pleased to see that the MN Twins organization is still paying all of their Minor Leaguers through the season, even if there is no season. MLB.com reports it as $400/week plus benefits. That's not much, but it's better than nothing. Hoping the ownership keeps the humanity in mind as this progresses - billionaires can afford it.

Yesterday was opposite day in KBO action. LG Twins lost, bottom of the table//lowly SK Wyverns won. Here's hoping the world rights itself today.

5 hours ago, Lightning Lord said:

That's a kind act by Price. I thought I remembered him being a giant douche in Boston - am I misremembering?

I am pleased to see that the MN Twins organization is still paying all of their Minor Leaguers through the season, even if there is no season. MLB.com reports it as $400/week plus benefits. That's not much, but it's better than nothing. Hoping the ownership keeps the humanity in mind as this progresses - billionaires can afford it.

Yesterday was opposite day in KBO action. LG Twins lost, bottom of the table//lowly SK Wyverns won. Here's hoping the world rights itself today.

Wyverns are on a tear!  I'm fairly sure they are absolutely unbeatable at this point.

8 hours ago, Lightning Lord said:

The Pohlad's do seem to be decent owners, overall. And the kiddos are socially conscious. 

I remember the first time I saw their main place on Lake Minnetonka and being like "who the fuck owns that?" 

Made sense.

10 hours ago, Lightning Lord said:

He is a giant oversensitive douche to fans and particularly the media, including a broadcaster employed by the team. But his teammates do seem to love him. I will give him credit for his act of kindness.

Suck it Eagles fans! 

13-0.

We are the fucking Dinos!!!!!!!!!!!

ETA: Well shit, who cares about giving up 2 runs in the ninth I guess. 

Dinos still run this shit though, and nothing bad ever happened to Dinosaurs, right?

The chances of baseball coming back at all this year are looking grim. And it has nothing to do with safety. Just money. Fucking money.

Baseball could have been an enormous win for the country. Bring back one of the most Murican things we have in tough times, even if it meant only watching streams from a little and empty stadium in Florida. It would have made world headlines. Something both sides of the aisle can cheer for. 

Instead we have Ga-jillionaires scared to lose 3.8 billion instead of 3.5 billion. Boras and the Union holding fast so their best guys make 20 million instead of 14 million. Both sides sound like pricks. Minor leagues are gutted. 

Baseball could have come back stronger (with significant loss like every sport and public paid activity) as a symbol of happiness in a dark year, and now its reputation among the younger generations is continuing to sour. 

I'd be even more angry if my soul wasn't running on fumes for weeks.

Also Go Dinos

Archived